• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers and Celtics talking draft swap

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal if it happens is with Philly. They may be able to get Saric, Butler out of that trade and still get the 3 pick. Then sign Hayward on July 1st

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Celts trade pick...that means they HAVE to sign IT to that big deal right?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.. I keep going back and forth on this trade. How much are we ultimately going to give up? We have not brought Fultz in for a workout. And what about his medical record? I know we will know more tomorrow, but damn this is a huge deal. If we stand pat at 3, we still get a solid prospect. I'm glad I'm not the decision maker on this.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doh! Someone on Twitter reminded me, the Sixers CAN'T trade their 1st rounder next year. Not if they are including their 1st this year.

Not to be pedantic, but yes they can.

They are still making a pick in the 2017 draft, so their 2018 pick is safe to trade.
In fact, they could trade their own 2018 and 2019 picks because they have LAL 2018 and SAC 2019.

So long as they have a first round pick, they can trade 1st round picks in consecutive years.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this story first broke, I'm talking like minutes after, it made it seem like Philly was trading up to ensure they got Josh Jackson (going off the story Jackson had a top 3 assurance from a team aka the Sixers). I got all super excited because that meant Fultz was going to land in the lap of the Lakers. Then they clarified the pick is still 95% sure to be Fultz. Dammit! :gaah:

And I'd pretty much ignore any other reports about other rumored trades for #1. Zach Lowe broke the Philly/Boston story (along with Stein). He RARELY attaches his name to news unless he's like 99% sure its going down. Lowe is a columnist (a damn good one) that usually leaves the news to the Steins and Wojs of the world. So for him to put this out there, you know its legit and pretty much a done deal

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow so now the C's will get the player they want at the #3 spot, an extra high first round draft choice and trade for a superstar caliber player. BOOM.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. I literally can't believe some of these rumors. The Lakers and Sixers appear to be in a bidding war to move up to number 1.

Learn from NFL teams' mistakes people! You don't give up that many valuable assets to move up two spots unless the player at the top is Anthony Davis or KAT. Fultz is no slam dunk sure fire superstar. There are other players in this draft with just as much upside.

I do not think the 6ers should be willing to give up either the Lakers or Kings' picks, let alone both. Hinkie would never make a deal like that. Colangelo is going to screw the whole thing up.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. I literally can't believe some of these rumors. The Lakers and Sixers appear to be in a bidding war to move up to number 1.

Learn from NFL teams' mistakes people! You don't give up that many valuable assets to move up two spots unless the player at the top is Anthony Davis or KAT. Fultz is no slam dunk sure fire superstar. There are other players in this draft with just as much upside.

I do not think the 6ers should be willing to give up either the Lakers or Kings' picks, let alone both. Hinkie would never make a deal like that. Colangelo is going to screw the whole thing up.
Shhhhh...6ers might hear you.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with you here.

The NBA is not the NFL. The NFL is about building a team of 53 guys. The NBA is about getting a superstar.

How much would a 19 year old Lebron James be worth right now? Or Kevin Durant?

Fulz may be a bust but the hit rate on No.1 picks is pretty high. It drops dramatically as you go down from there.

For the Sixers, Fulz makes the most sense of anyone in the draft. That doesn't mean he will be a super star. But he gives the team the best chance.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you here.

The NBA is not the NFL. The NFL is about building a team of 53 guys. The NBA is about getting a superstar.

How much would a 19 year old Lebron James be worth right now? Or Kevin Durant?

Fulz may be a bust but the hit rate on No.1 picks is pretty high. It drops dramatically as you go down from there.

For the Sixers, Fulz makes the most sense of anyone in the draft. That doesn't mean he will be a super star. But he gives the team the best chance.
If Fultz hits, the Sixers could be scary good. It makes sense for them to take the risk based on his potential and fit. It also makes sense for the C's to demand a high price for the swap. This could easily be win-win if it goes down.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would gladly trade the #3, one of the #1's next year and the kings #1 to get fultz. it would suck losing the kings pick, but it's a couple years away and who knows where it will hit and the talent that is available.

at the very least, a guard set featuring simmons and fultz would be off the charts talent wise with saric moving around. if embiid can stay healthy, who knows how good it can get as a whole.

definitely seems like it would be a win/win for both teams.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would gladly trade the #3, one of the #1's next year and the kings #1 to get fultz. it would suck losing the kings pick, but it's a couple years away and who knows where it will hit and the talent that is available.

at the very least, a guard set featuring simmons and fultz would be off the charts talent wise with saric moving around. if embiid can stay healthy, who knows how good it can get as a whole.

The Kings are in an interesting place. They're a dumpster fire right now, but they have some interesting core pieces, especially in the front court.

And if some weird shit goes down and Ball ends up falling to 5.....all of a sudden that 2019 pick isnt' so sexy.

....yeah right even I couldn't do that with a straight face. The kings are a fucking dumpster fire and should just hire me to clean that shit up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would not trade both the Lakers and Kings pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics do not want Butler. They are trying to get Saric from the 76ers. They don't want Embiid or Okafor.
@Shaqdaddy11 watches too much Lakers BB. If they can get Saric, they'll go balls to the wall for Hayward in FA.

Celtics need a shooting forward and someone to play a tougher inside game.

Call the Cavs about Love.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz
Simmons
Embiid

Damn. Somewhat like Lavine, Wiggins and Towns

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt this deal happens unless Philly is willing to give up their half of the middle.

Boston should be in no hurry here. Even if they "love" Josh Jackson... they drafted a very similar player last season in Jaylon Brown.

Trader Danny is always listening to offers in Boston. But he's nobodies fool... why make a move here unless he's wowed? If Philly wants Fultz badly enough, they are the ones who are going to have to bend IMO.