• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers and Celtics talking draft swap

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about the Kings pick.. Either way, it's a hefty price to pay to move up 2 spots to get the guy you really want. I actually didn't think this would be possible.

Shit, for a chance to get a guy like Fultz I'd give up Okafor, the #3, and either the Lakers or the Kings pick, whichever Boston views as more favorable as long as Saric stays in Philly.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about the Kings pick.. Either way, it's a hefty price to pay to move up 2 spots to get the guy you really want. I actually didn't think this would be possible.

No. 1 picks are almost never dealt. You do have to accept it will be a steep price even if it is only two spots.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so much stuff being shot around out there. I picked that last one off Bleacher Report.

One thing that is pretty much known. The Celtics really don't want to be forced into drafting another guard. They'd then be forced to trade away one or two for pennies on a dollar. The basketball guys around here have been talking Josh Jackson for the last week and a half.

Making a deal with the 76ers for the #3 and Saric would be the ideal for Boston. If what @flyerhawk says is true and the 76ers can't deal continuous 1st Round picks, then the Celtics would have to get something really good to give up the #1 and Saric has been a player that Ainge has lusted for.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so much stuff being shot around out there. I picked that last one off Bleacher Report.

One thing that is pretty much known. The Celtics really don't want to be forced into drafting another guard. They'd then be forced to trade away one or two for pennies on a dollar. The basketball guys around here have been talking Josh Jackson for the last week and a half.

Making a deal with the 76ers for the #3 and Saric would be the ideal for Boston. If what @flyerhawk says is true and the 76ers can't deal continuous 1st Round picks, then the Celtics would have to get something really good to give up the #1 and Saric has been a player that Ainge has lusted for.

The Sixers could trade next year's Lakers pick.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, for a chance to get a guy like Fultz I'd give up Okafor, the #3, and either the Lakers or the Kings pick, whichever Boston views as more favorable as long as Saric stays in Philly.
True! Now that I have let this sink in for a bit, I hope this deal goes through and the Celts or Sixers don't back out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers could trade next year's Lakers pick.

How high do you think that pick will be when Magic finds out it'll belong to the celtics.

Heck, he'll suit up himself just to make sure it's out of the top 15

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How high do you think that pick will be when Magic finds out it'll belong to the celtics.

LOL. That would certainly motivate the Lakers organization.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you been hearing any rumors of Labron going to the Lakers? The Sixers board have been talking about it today. If he jumps to the LAL, they will be bringing more FA with him would be my guess. Just rumors floating around.

Chatter about whether LeBron James will leave the Cavs for the Lakers is growing

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been hearing any rumors of Labron going to the Lakers? The Sixers board have been talking about it today. If he jumps to the LAL, they will be bringing more FA with him would be my guess. Just rumors floating around.

There are a lot of rumors of Lebron going to the Lakers in 2019.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chatter about whether LeBron James will leave the Cavs for the Lakers is growing

Doubt he will. Firstly he has power in Cleveland that the Lakers wouldn't give him - he essentially has Gilbert by the nut sack. Secondly, I doubt he comes to the West at all with the likes of the Warriors and Spurs being potential first or second round playoff opponents.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is talking Embiid and Okafor as part of this deal.

Not one media outlet in Boston has chimed in.

Wojo has learned that Ainge is also in deep talks with the Pelicans and there are rumors bubbling that the Celtics will get the 76ers next three first round picks and Okafor. They will then give all three and Okafor to New Orleans AND the Nets 1st round pick next year for Anthony Davis and Damarcus Cousins.
Holy sh!t.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is talking Embiid and Okafor as part of this deal.

Not one media outlet in Boston has chimed in.

Wojo has learned that Ainge is also in deep talks with the Pelicans and there are rumors bubbling that the Celtics will get the 76ers next three first round picks and Okafor. They will then give all three and Okafor to New Orleans AND the Nets 1st round pick next year for Anthony Davis and Damarcus Cousins.

Bullshit. Woj hasn't said anything of the kind. Care to back that up with some evidence?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now on 97.5 WBZ Radio with Felger and Mazz, the Celtics will get the 76ers #3, The Lakers 1st Round pick next year and Sacremento's #1 pick in 2019. Supposedly there are players moving from both sides. No names yet.

These guys are live on TV on CSN right now. They are saying this deal is 99% complete.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now on 97.5 WBZ Radio with Felger and Mazz, the Celtics will get the 76ers #3, The Lakers 1st Round pick next year and Sacremento's #1 pick in 2019. Supposedly there are players moving from both sides. No names yet.

These guys are live on TV on CSN right now. They are saying this deal is 99% complete.
thanks for the update. I thought it was just one of the 1st rounders next year? The info I have been hearing is our 3rd, next years 1st Kings? I wasn't awre of players being involved? I thought the C's were trying to clear cap space?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should have been 98.5

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So where is this trade for AD and Cousins coming from then?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers also vying for Fultz at No. 1?

Jonathan Givony of Draft Express is reporting that Fultz “murdered” (in a good way) his workout with the Lakers Thursday, and that team is also now very interested in trading up to the top spot to nab the offensively gifted guard. Givony speculated that Los Angeles might offer the Celtics forward Julius Randle, the seventh overall pick in 2014, plus their No. 2 pick this year. The added he was told Josh Jackson’s second workout with the Lakers “did not go well at all.”

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, @BigKen is full of shit and can't come up with any sources, then rates my posts bullshit when I call him on it.

Go ahead, rate this one bullshit too cupcake - it's pretty much all you got cos you don't know a damn about basketball.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Boston Sports Tonight, the 76ers/Cs deal is on hold for the moment.

They are saying that three other teams have contacted the Celtics and several deals are on the table.

Sacramento Kings, Phoenix Suns and Los Angeles Lakers are rumored to be very interested in getting the top pick in this year's draft. Sacramento of course is offering the #5 & #10 plus. Phoenix is offering the #4 and possibly T.J. Warren. Lakers would offer #2 and Randle.

Right now the 76ers appear to have the most lucrative pieces to deal. Everything is a rumor and daydreams. If I were Ainge the only people I'd be listening to would be Philly and the Lakers.

Lakers Reportedly Weighing Trading Julius Randle to Land Markelle Fultz in Draft
Mike Chiari Featured Columnist June 16, 2017

hi-res-92030df850d0fd9673a68095c0d1ecf4_crop_north.jpg

Greg Beacham/Associated Press
In the wake of NBA draft prospect Markelle Fultz's workout with the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday, L.A. is reportedly considering maneuvering in order to land him.

According to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express, Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson "is in love" with Fultz and may offer the Boston Celtics the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft and forward Julius Randle for the No. 1 overall pick.

Givony added that Fultz's workout may have been the best the Lakers have seen during the predraft process thus far.