• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers and Celtics talking draft swap

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it now looks clear with todays Laker trade that Boston will get Jackson while moving down. Looks like a very solid move by Danny. Now the rumor is Knicks want Jackson in a deal for Porzingus. Really cheap contract to swap so maybe Smart is on the move

Zinger is a guy I'd be ok making the vet move for now.

But beyond him, not really interested.

Sititng at 3 makes this a loss for Danny IMO. Trading down with Sacto for 5 and 10 (plus say Bos 2018 to Sacto) would make me much happier about passing on Fultz.

Especially when you're gonna have some really tough questions about IT and Bradley this time next year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not all forget the Celtics were a very much overachieving 1 seed.

The ECF showed they weren't ready for the big boys yet.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sititng at 3 makes this a loss for Danny IMO. Trading down with Sacto for 5 and 10 (plus say Bos 2018 to Sacto) would make me much happier about passing on Fultz.

Let's not all forget the Celtics were a very much overachieving 1 seed.

The ECF showed they weren't ready for the big boys yet.

Dude, year on year the Celtics are setting up contracts, picks and FAs. If they end up with the Big P and Butler thats just 23M against the cap. Sign IT and still sign Hayward. hold tight and watch it all come together

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want nothing to do with IT after this year.

I'd rather sell high for more assets.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT will sign a reasonable coontract. He wants to win

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT will sign a reasonable coontract. He wants to win

He's a selfish prick who will want the max.

Clear him off and give yourself more assets to make a move for a 2 way player.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you will see a different result. And when you give him another two scorers then watch IT's effectiveness sky rocket. He cannot be guarded one to one. Yup, they will need to hide him on D, but he is the right personality for Brad's offense

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it now looks clear with todays Laker trade that Boston will get Jackson while moving down. Looks like a very solid move by Danny. Now the rumor is Knicks want Jackson in a deal for Porzingus. Really cheap contract to swap so maybe Smart is on the move

Wow, I just heard about Porz being moved by the Knicks potentially and I felt that the C's with all their picks should get in on that action. Imagine this lineup

PG: Thomas (scoring champion in the East)
SG: Avrey Bradley (best defensive player at the SG spot in the NBA and has improved his offense to become a consistent 15-17 ppg scorer and decent rebounder.
SF: Hayward: One of the better all around players in the NBA not quite a superstar IMO
PF: Butler: About on par with Hayward with a little better defense but not quite as good of a 3 point shooter.
C: Porzingus: Just old enough to drink but already really good (not great) at everything except for creating plays for others.

That would be sick. No there wouldn't be one outstanding top 5 player but the entire team is right around 25-8

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is way unfair.

Of course he will want the max. That does not make him selfish.

If your employer were willing to pay you $200K a year, would you say: "nah, just give me $100 and save the rest for my coworkers."

Cmon man. IT was a long shot to even make a roster when he came to the league. The reason you don't want to max him is the exact same reason he can't afford not to look for a max deal. You never know when his carriage will turn back to a pumpkin. He needs to get as much as he can out of this next contract.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is way unfair.

Of course he will want the max. That does not make him selfish.

If your employer were willing to pay you $200K a year, would you say: "nah, just give me $100 and save the rest for my coworkers."

Cmon man. IT was a long shot to even make a roster when he came to the league. The reason you don't want to max him is the exact same reason he can't afford not to look for a max deal. You never know when his carriage will turn back to a pumpkin. He needs to get as much as he can out of this next contract.

He's a selfish player as well.

I want no part of him after this year.

Sell high, kick your can down the road another 2 years.

Let someone else pay him.

I don't blame him for wanting the money. But i don't want to give him much more than he's currently getting. On a good team he plays the Lou Williams role.

Unless the C's land Hayward they are taking a step back next year. Their record was better than it should'v been.