• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers and Celtics talking draft swap

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says to me celts didn't think fultz was going to be that good.

Clearly they didn't rate him as highly as others or they wouldn't have done the trade.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The baseline is the 1993 trade.

Danny failed. Badly

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The baseline is the 1993 trade.

Danny failed. Badly

I don't think that's fair. Chris Webber was clearly the best player in that draft. Yes Hardaway turned out to be very good but no way to know that before hand.

The Sixers were not going to give the Celtics 3 1st picks. This is a deep draft and there isn't a huge separation between 1 and 7.

The Celtics maximized their chance of nabbing a high lottery pick again next year. So they could have 2 top 5 picks next year.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade seems like that special rarity...

Pretty even... good play for both sides... not without risk for either party...

Looking back several years from now... this trade will be judged on whether or not Fultz is the clear-cut top player in this draft.

For now... seems win-win for both sides.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade seems like that special rarity...

Pretty even... good play for both sides... not without risk for either party...

Looking back several years from now... this trade will be judged on whether or not Fultz is the clear-cut top player in this draft.

For now... seems win-win for both sides.

Yeah. One team may look like the winner in 5 years but neither can team can worry about that. You make the moves that make the most sense.

IMO, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Celtics sit pat, take Jackson and then make a move for Anthony Davis next year.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Celtics sit pat, take Jackson and then make a move for Anthony Davis next year.
Anthony Davis would be a dream come true... and one of the very few guys worth a massive trade package to get.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C's get Butler and Lakers 2018 pick
Sixers get #1 overall pick
Bulls get #3 pick, Crowder, and Sixers 2021 1rst

C's will then acquire Hayward in FA and their lineup will now look like this

PG: Thomas
SG: Bradley
SF: Hayward
PF: Butler
C: Horford

That's 10 combined all star appearances and the oldest player on the starting lineup is Horford who is still younger than LBJ. Bradley is the only player to not reach the All star game but he's also the youngest player and is known as a great defender and has improved his offense every single year to where He's now a legitimate scoring as a #2 guy but now he can be the #4 guy which is insane. Their depth is very young but with the starting lineup they can challenge anyone now while stock piling drafts in the future. DYNASTY

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. One team may look like the winner in 5 years but neither can team can worry about that. You make the moves that make the most sense.

I wouldn't mind seeing Davis in Celtic green.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics just got Hinkie'd...
Perhaps, perhaps not.

Whether the C's get a 2-5 pick next season, or Sac's pick in 2019... that's gonna be a very good pick. That's something.

Time will tell if Fultz is heads and tails better than guys like Ball, Tatum, Jackson and Fox.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, perhaps not.

Whether the C's get a 2-5 pick next season, or Sac's pick in 2019... that's gonna be a very good pick. That's something.

Time will tell if Fultz is heads and tails better than guys like Ball, Tatum, Jackson and Fox.

Oh, absolutely.

There is also a pretty good chance that both those picks are pick #7-10 in successive years.

Then you have BOS controlling the fate of the LAL 2018 pick (if not traded).
Magic will go all out to deprive them of a quality pick.
If SAC keeps their Woolworths picks this year and retains their 2018 1st round pick, they could be a better team by 2019. Yes, Kangz will be Kangz, but there is talent to add this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C's get Butler and Lakers 2018 pick
Sixers get #1 overall pick
Bulls get #3 pick, Crowder, and Sixers 2021 1rst

C's will then acquire Hayward in FA and their lineup will now look like this

PG: Thomas
SG: Bradley
SF: Hayward
PF: Butler
C: Horford

That's 10 combined all star appearances and the oldest player on the starting lineup is Horford who is still younger than LBJ. Bradley is the only player to not reach the All star game but he's also the youngest player and is known as a great defender and has improved his offense every single year to where He's now a legitimate scoring as a #2 guy but now he can be the #4 guy which is insane. Their depth is very young but with the starting lineup they can challenge anyone now while stock piling drafts in the future. DYNASTY

I am not seeing anybody reporting this. Are you speculating?

That would be a good roster, but still nowhere near what GS has. Might be able to scare Cleveland and eventually surpass them with players acquired from the 2018 picks.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also a pretty good chance that both those picks are pick #7-10 in successive years.
Celtics get two bites at the apple, though... they would have to miss with the Lakers pick and miss with Sac pick. They only need to get lucky with one of these two.

And if I'm a betting man... Lakers are still going to be in the lottery next season and Sac is still going to be in the lottery in 2019.

Only time will tell, of course.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the Lakers take Jackson, Celts go Tatum?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics get two bites at the apple, though... they would have to miss with the Lakers pick and miss with Sac pick. They only need to get lucky with one of these two.

And if I'm a betting man... Lakers are still going to be in the lottery next season and Sac is still going to be in the lottery in 2019.

Only time will tell, of course.

By that same logic, Sixers missed on the Lakers pick three years in a row.
Being in the lottery and landing a top 5 pick are two entirely different entities.

Let's see how it all plays out...

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not seeing anybody reporting this. Are you speculating?

That would be a good roster, but still nowhere near what GS has. Might be able to scare Cleveland and eventually surpass them with players acquired from the 2018 picks.

This is from credible sources that have spoken with Danny. I thought it was locked in but it might happen closer to the draft now.

Comparison between GS and C's.

Coaches:

Brad Stevens<Steve Kerr I'm giving the advantage to Kerr here due to championships but Brad is the best young coach in the NBA

PG: Curry>>Thomas -Thomas is the better scorer but that's and even though Curry is bad defensively but Thomas is even worse and Curry is a much better shooter and passer.

SG: Klay>Bradley-Both are excellent defenders but Klay is a much better shooter and scores a little more as well. Although Bradley has improved drastically and has become better at creating his own shot and more consistent than Klay.

SF: Hayward<KD Hayward is the better one on one defender while they're = in help defense. Hayward is the better shooter but kd is a better scorer and better play maker slightly.

PF: Butler>>Green They're fairly = on the defensive side of the ball while Butler is a much better overall offensive player

C: Horford>>>ZA ZA P Horford is just flat out all around better. If anything ZZP is a liability on the team.

Bench C's<GS this is where the depth plays a big factor and I believe it would be the difference maker
Smart and Brown and most likely Jackson as well are improving young talented players while GS have a bunch of older players that might not last more than 1-2 seasons. This is a battle of talent and rising players vs aging vets on the decline but I would still give GS the slight advantage for at least one more season.

Matchups:

Butler would cover KD
Bradley would cover Klay
Hayward on Green
Horford on ZZP
Thomas on Steph

Overall I think GS would still win this 4-1 or 4-2. I do believe the C's could take the aging/injured Cavs though but it will be a close series. LBJ is 33, Love is breaking down, and Kyrie is basically a taller Thomas as a player. Also, the Cavs Bench is trash and JR and Tristen are just bad starters.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow so now the C's will get the player they want at the #3 spot, an extra high first round draft choice and trade for a superstar caliber player. BOOM.
Ainge is a master at this. If the Laker rumors come true he'll fleece Magic worse. Now Boston just needs some of these picks to pay off.
Ainge learned from the best. This almost reminds me of the Bird, Mchale and Parrish fleecing. RIP Red the Celts are in good hands.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge is a master at this. If the Laker rumors come true he'll fleece Magic worse. Now Boston just needs some of these picks to pay off.
Ainge learned from the best. This almost reminds me of the Bird, Mchale and Parrish fleecing. RIP Red the Celts are in good hands.

Ainge learned from his mistake last time in not having a good coach and old HOF Vets. It worked for one championship but it stalled them for a near decade. Now after dealing those players and coach he has the opportunity to win now and for a long time with having a team stacked with all stars and high draft picks combined with the best young coach in the game. I can see them making the championship potentially this year or next season if all the pieces come together and I can see them winning the championship within 3 years.

I think the future of the East is the C's and the Bucks and the West will be the Spurs and GS for a while still.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just relaying what the reports are saying. Rumors have it that the Celtics are high on Jackson. No idea if that is true or not. Entirely possible that they are going to trade the #3 to get PG or JB.

Of course the Celtics aren't going to do it unless they feel it makes sense. My point is that the Celtics and Sixers are both looking at this as an opportunity, not a deal that they need to make.
I've been agreeing with 90%+ of whay you've been saying.
However, this deal is more vital to Philly.
I think if Philly gives up more that two firsts that's too much.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me feel good knowing the 76ers are using 2 assets they got from the Kings to get the top pick in the draft.....thanks Vlade.