• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Silver lining: stress free football the rest of the year

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST QUARTER

BZfg4_HCAAEtICO.png:large

BZfg_AcCIAAEVpI.png:large

BZfhCkrCAAAozwU.png

SECOND QUARTER​

BZfhJUtCAAA1O14.png:large

BZfhNgnCEAEBhYw.png:large

HALFTIME​

BZTAuR4CQAAmeBz.png:large
BZTAyenCUAALzWH.png

This is exactly where I got my stats.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it says that on 39 drop backs Rg3 was pressured , hit or sacked 12 times . of those 39 times RG3 was at fault for 1 hit , i sack , and 1 pressure and helu missed a block

that leaves 8 times that an o/lineman got beat . one was williams leaving 7 times an interior o/lineman was beat

i asked is 8 times for an avg o/line to get beat ?

what is the standard ?

i am being told we are awful so what is avg ? good ? or excellent ?

It depends. Was the same guy beat 8 times? If so, or even if it was half that amount, no, that's not good. With out parsing this data, we can't make a judgment of wether this number is acceptable or not. This is why I have argued that stats alone don't tell the whole story.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends. Was the same guy beat 8 times? If so, or even if it was half that amount, no, that's not good. With out parsing this data, we can't make a judgment of wether this number is acceptable or not. This is why I have argued that stats alone don't tell the whole story.

it wasnt from one person J-y it was from the o/line as a hole one of those 8 was from williams 3 were from chester , 2 from monty , 2 on stieger

so again i ask , since its broke down for you is 8 horrible ? is it avg , what is your standard ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say 3 from chester is a lot and may start to explain where the issue is but need to do this for every game to see if a trend occurs (which I'm sure the coaches have done). Also need to understand why its happening. Are the C and Gs getting beat in one on one situations or is it blitzes or stunts?

I've purposely watched Monty on many plays. While he doesn't get beat often, he gets pushed back quite often. SO his man may not hit or hurry or sack RG3, but he causes the pocket to collapse giving RG3 no place to step up. This is critical for a pocket passer and results in RG3 not always being able to step into his throws. RG3 already has an issue with his mechanics on this, but a collapsing pocket just exasperates the issue.

Next game, focus on Monty in passing downs and tell me if you don't see this also.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say 3 from chester is a lot and may start to explain where the issue is but need to do this for every game to see if a trend occurs (which I'm sure the coaches have done). Also need to understand why its happening. Are the C and Gs getting beat in one on one situations or is it blitzes or stunts?

I've purposely watched Monty on many plays. While he doesn't get beat often, he gets pushed back quite often. SO his man may not hit or hurry or sack RG3, but he causes the pocket to collapse giving RG3 no place to step up. This is critical for a pocket passer and results in RG3 not always being able to step into his throws. RG3 already has an issue with his mechanics on this, but a collapsing pocket just exasperates the issue.

Next game, focus on Monty in passing downs and tell me if you don't see this also.

as a hole is 8 times too many ? 3 on chester is not good but 3 people play the interior of the line and only 6 can be traced back to them and that makes them awful ? really ? awful ? i would say they are at least avg .

my guess is that people are over reacting to the few that get through and block out the good

if monty doesnt get beat often but he is "pushed back " then his anchor isnt doing well and RG3 can slide left or right and step into throws

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a hole is 8 times too many ? 3 on chester is not good but 3 people play the interior of the line and only 6 can be traced back to them and that makes them awful ? really ? awful ? i would say they are at least avg .

my guess is that people are over reacting to the few that get through and block out the good

if monty doesnt get beat often but he is "pushed back " then his anchor isnt doing well and RG3 can slide left or right and step into throws

I agree that rg3 needs to learn to move in the pocket. He does not do a good job of that. He tends to back pedal, and we all saw the results of that.

I have no idea if 8 is too many and I don't really care. I care that no matter the number, the interior of our line collapses with regularity. It may not result in a hit, hurry, or sack every time, thus not showing up on a stat sheet, but it does affect the outcome of the play. You keep trying to prove to me that our oline is good using stats that I don't believe tell the whole story. This is were we diverge. I DVR every game and go back and watch it. When I do, I focus on the line. You might be amazed at how often, and how quickly, the pocket collapses from the middle.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Griffin III is struggling with his mechanics and missing opportunities

take a look at this .forget about Rg3 for the moment and look at some of the protection he did get

look at the sacks fumble and look at the o/lineman . they did their jobs

look at the pockets they gave him and how if he didnt hesitate what would have happened ?

now this isnt a bash -a thon of RG3.

i am giving you a visual look instead of numbers since people cant "grasp " hard numbers

the o/line is very AVG in pass blocking . they dont anchor well in the pocket passing game , i get that

if we can get an upgrade , from avg to above avg say , then i say go for it . have said it all along

now the way this has been debated it seems to me that you guys dont think its avg , that its bottom tier

what i believe is that we MAY have to live with this till 2015. I hear all the talk about vast salary cap space etc. but this defense is in dyer need of a huge upgrade . Just to be competitive we will need 2 nimble 2 gap de's , an ILb with range and tackling ability, 2 cbs that are tall , physical and can set the edge . we need at least 2 safeties with height , range and ball skills with tackling ability.

that is a lot of resources and i dont know if WR will jump over o/line needs (you guys are down on hank and robby and morgan and moss appear to be on the way out )

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a meter of semantics. What you may think is average or how you value average may be different than I do. But I think we are not that far off. I agree the defense has to be the first priority. As to if we address the OL this off season, I imagine it depends on a couple of things. Who's available? How are our young guys coming along? What happens in the draft?

If a proven young vet (Mack?) is available and we can get him for a good contract, I could see us signing him. I do agree that we are not going to see a wholesale change on the OL this off season. One or two players at most, with one probably being one of our young guys moving into a starting role. I also expect we will draft an offensive lineman in the later rounds.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read this article, Dad? This proves the point that our interior OL is weak at pass blocking. Over half the plays he was either sacked or was flushed from the pocket due to the OL collapsing. Usually, that pressure is coming from the center or the right guard. No, that is not acceptable and needs to be addressed in the off season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read this article, Dad? This proves the point that our interior OL is weak at pass blocking. Over half the plays he was either sacked or was flushed from the pocket due to the OL collapsing. Usually, that pressure is coming from the center or the right guard. No, that is not acceptable and needs to be addressed in the off season.

that is why i posted

it gave a different view then i did but it showed photos

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough. Again, it is not our first priority. But between our picks and our cap space, we should be able to pick up at least one guy to help at center or guard. Then maybe we get lucky and Gettis, Hurt, or LeRebius step up to a starter next year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough. Again, it is not our first priority. But between our picks and our cap space, we should be able to pick up at least one guy to help at center or guard. Then maybe we get lucky and Gettis, Hurt, or LeRebius step up to a starter next year.

i think we should look long and hard at gettis for the remainder of the season . to me he looks like he could be more advanced

once we are mathematically out .

i know in essence we are but as a coach you have to play it out all the way

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the offensive line being destroyed as bad as you claim in those plays. I saw RG3 making mistakes, I saw the OL getting beat on occasion, and I saw a drop.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the offensive line being destroyed as bad as you claim in those plays. I saw RG3 making mistakes, I saw the OL getting beat on occasion, and I saw a drop.

the guy wrote that the o/line allowed pressure along with the pictures he posted .

i put it in to show both sides

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Russell tweeted today an interesting stat for what it's worth. "40% of Griffs pass yards have come when trailing 10+ points. It was 13.5% last year."

Of course we weren't behind as much either last year. But this does lend to the argument of possibly skewed offensive numbers. Or that we aren't as good on offense as the numbers may lead one to believe.

Food for thought.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On these set of plays, the OL did a better job. RG3 did not. He had errant throws and misreads. Clearly he did not have a good game. His play this year is best described as inconsistent. He has had good games and he has had bad games. when he gets into a rhythm, he can get hot. We need to do a better job of calling plays early that are easy completions. Slants, bubble screens, quick hitters, letting him find his rhythm.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an interesting article that makes it seem when he goes "sandlot" he plays a lot better. When he's running, he's a lot better. When he tries to be a pocket passer, he fails.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an interesting article that makes it seem when he goes "sandlot" he plays a lot better. When he's running, he's a lot better. When he tries to be a pocket passer, he fails.

Sounds alot like what we crucify Romo for dont it?