• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SHOW ME THE MONEY

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead and keep shooting your mouth Mr. Knowitall. Some of us have been Patriot fans since before your baby ass saw the light of day. Spew your hatred and talk out about our team and fans, which you know jack shit about.
Does this Bostonian have the right to tell the truth about New England football fans?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this Bostonian have the right to tell the truth about New England football fans?

All teams have bandwagoners. We have seen them switch teams on this very board. Means nothing at all, because all teams have their share.

Edit: also look at how active the Pats board is in here, with team having sucked for 2-3 years now. We are not fairweather fans. We are looking forward to next alignment of stars and team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams have bandwagoners. We have seen them switch teams on this very board. Means nothing at all, because all teams have their share.

Edit: also look at how active the Pats board is in here, with team having sucked for 2-3 years now. We are not fairweather fans. We are looking forward to next alignment of stars and team.
You’re talking about the current situation which I don’t dispute. Did you know at one time the Redskins and the Colts were in Boston? Did you know they had to leave because of lack of support? Did you know that Kraft saved the team from moving to St Louis? Did you know that they had a 17 game NFL black out streak because they didn’t sell enough tickets to get the game on TV in their local market? Boston isn’t a football town. They just really like the winning.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re talking about the current situation which I don’t dispute. Did you know at one time the Redskins and the Colts were in Boston? Did you know they had to leave because of lack of support? Did you know that Kraft saved the team from moving to St Louis? Did you know that they had a 17 game NFL black out streak because they didn’t sell enough tickets to get the game on TV in their local market? Boston isn’t a football town. They just really like the winning.
Kraft definitely turned the team around and it was with immediate moves, Parcells and Bledsoe, although the latter if often criticized. Sure football interest spiked because of those changes, but that was almost 30 years ago.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft definitely turned the team around and it was with immediate moves, Parcells and Bledsoe, although the latter if often criticized. Sure football interest spiked because of those changes, but that was almost 30 years ago.
Also, ancient history is a part but does not tell the whole story. For example, Texas has been great breeding ground for NFL players, but Eagle fans detest anything to do with Cowboys, and insist they are the greatest thing, since sliced bread. It has nothing to do with the Patriots. You Eagle guys are the best, and that’s all folks.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit coach...Wikipedia?
did you know the Boston Patriots were one of the original eight teams? Expansion year 1960, merged 1970, 10-years AFL Football?.
did you know the first years the competition was uneven, and all teams had attendance issues? Bailed out by an ABC TV contract?
did you know the popularity from winning championships the Bruins and Celtics were enjoying during this time period?
do you know the popularity baseball enjoyed for the previous 10 decades when the 70's rolled around? Red Sox's place in that history?

Boston isn't a football town. Just likes winning.

Wouldn't you just know it?
You sure work hard, smart too, but you don't know what you don't know...
Onward Coach....you have plenty to say.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, ancient history is a part but does not tell the whole story. For example, Texas has been great breeding ground for NFL players, but Eagle fans detest anything to do with Cowboys, and insist they are the greatest thing, since sliced bread. It has nothing to do with the Patriots. You Eagle guys are the best, and that’s all folks.
Easy now dude...don't send this guy in orbit.

3 2 1 ...iggloo, rtk, nut, and coach will all be climbing all over themselves to object.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit coach...Wikipedia?
did you know the Boston Patriots were one of the original eight teams? Expansion year 1960, merged 1970, 10-years AFL Football?.
did you know the first years the competition was uneven, and all teams had attendance issues? Bailed out by an ABC TV contract?
did you know the popularity from winning championships the Bruins and Celtics were enjoying during this time period?
do you know the popularity baseball enjoyed for the previous 10 decades when the 70's rolled around? Red Sox's place in that history?

Boston isn't a football town. Just likes winning.

Wouldn't you just know it?
You sure work hard, smart too, but you don't know what you don't know...
Onward Coach....you have plenty to say.
I’m glad we agree. Boston isn’t a football town.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad we agree. Boston isn’t a football town.
In your mind. You were not even born back then. So easy to google away to create your mumbling and bumbling talking points. Sure baseball, basketball and maybe hockey are big sports in that town. Does that mean football is not important? Get a clue grasshopper.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your mind. You were not even born back then. So easy to google away to create your mumbling and bumbling talking points. Sure baseball, basketball and maybe hockey are big sports in that town. Does that mean football is not important? Get a clue grasshopper.
I didn’t create the narrative. I’m very sorry that the truth has hurt your feelings.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t create the narrative. I’m very sorry that the truth has hurt your feelings.
Oh sorry, forgot you wield the baton of truth in anything related to football. Carry on … dig a bigger hole for you to crawl in.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go read it and we can talk about it. Are you attacking a source you haven’t even read? Poor form.
Read what? Somebody that supports your opinion. Reality is different. You should try it someday.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s even easier to do because you don’t have to renegotiate 3 or 4 guys to free up money. Now you have a huge contract going to one guy making it easier to free up space when you renegotiate.
That’s really trying hard to justify a silver lining. Paying him $50M will in no way whatsoever makes it easier.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s really trying hard to justify a silver lining. Paying him $50M will in no way whatsoever makes it easier.
It will make it easier to manipulate the cap. I didn’t say make it easier. Hard choices will need to be made. I haven’t seen a cap casualty leave the Eagles and perform well for someone else in a long time. I would have to say it was Jeremiah Trotter going to the Redskins back in the early 2000s. The Eagles manage the cap better than most. I’m really shocked that a big football fan like yourself wouldn’t know that about the best franchise in his favorite team’s division.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read what? Somebody that supports your opinion. Reality is different. You should try it someday.
If you read the book he presents the data. This is more than opinion. The most compelling argument in this thread was presented by Pday and that was just a list of excuses to explain away the condition I’ve pointed out. I hope you’re not a lawyer my guy. All you keep saying is tantamount to “nah-uh poopy head!” You’re on tilt criticizing the legitimacy of a source you didn’t even know existed until a couple of hours ago.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will make it easier to manipulate the cap. I didn’t say make it easier. Hard choices will need to be made. I haven’t seen a cap casualty leave the Eagles and perform well for someone else in a long time. I would have to say it was Jeremiah Trotter going to the Redskins back in the early 2000s. The Eagles manage the cap better than most. I’m really shocked that a big football fan like yourself wouldn’t know that about the best franchise in his favorite team’s division.
Sure, let’s go with that…

but $50M is going to leave a mark