• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the SEC adopt a 9 game conference schedule?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with this if P5 schools played each other more often.

Yeah, I'd call for this if there was a mandate to play 2 P5 OOC games, at least, per year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean when the PAC 12 starts scheduling, "Mercer" type schools?

You already do.

It's funny that you guys are so fucking anti-SEC you don't even know your conference does the shit you bitch about.

You're all a bunch of cry babies who just can't admit other teams/conferences are better than yours and that's the reason you got left out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty simple

SEC doesn’t need 9 conf games to get a team into the playoffs so why bother tipping the risk/reward scale

Which is why I really don't care if it's an 8 or 9 game conference schedule. I just think all conferences should play the same number of conference games.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good, except your conference does play FCS teams. It's just doesn't seem that way to you because you only cry about the SEC.
UCLA and USC has never played an FCS school.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good, except your conference does play FCS teams. It's just doesn't seem that way to you because you only cry about the SEC.

The PAC has two of the three teams in college football who have never played an FCS opponent and the conference plays much less of them than the kings of the FCS the SEC. But thanks for the chuckle.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I really don't care if it's an 8 or 9 game conference schedule. I just think all conferences should play the same number of conference games.

They can, your conference can change back if they want.

Rather than being like - hey college football, we did a really stupid thing. Can you guys come do it with us so we can look like pioneers rather than dumbfucks?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC has two of the three teams in college football who have never played an FCS opponent and the conference plays much less of them than the kings of the FCS the SEC. But thanks for the chuckle.

Oh I see, so because 2 Pac12 teams haven't played a FCS team, and the SEC teams have - it's only bad when the SEC plays them.

Cry babies because you can't compete on the field.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they would need to schedule 2 P5 OOC games as well in order to have enough volume to go around...

But hey, don't let that get in the way of your butthurt fantasy.
Perish the thought of not allowing you to play Mercer, Citadel, or some other patty cake. My school would love to come to Tuscaloosa, but not unless you come here as well. We get it, Bama wants a bye week before the Iron Bowl and the chance to have home or neutral site games for the OOC. It's hard to find teams willing to play without a return date. And in typical Bama fan fashion, you read my insistence that things be fair as butt hurt.

Your school is at the top of the heap. So yeah, every other school and conference in the nation sees that. Call it what you want, 4down, it's a nice position to have. Of course you will be dismissive of anyone who dares challenge you. Fair enough, that says more about you than it does about me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that you guys are so fucking anti-SEC you don't even know your conference does the shit you bitch about.

No one said the PAC doesn't schedule FCS schools. They just schedule fewer and have 2 of the 3 schools that have never played an FCS school.

Additionally, it's not about being "anti-SEC" it's about making sure that teams that are all trying to reach the same ultimate goal are doing so with relatively equal starting points.

I, for one, am not blaming the SEC. I'm saying that all conferences should play the same number of conference games. I don't care if other conferences drop to 8 or the SEC moves to 9. Just so it ends up with the same number.

It's really not that difficult to understand.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I see, so because 2 Pac12 teams haven't played a FCS team, and the SEC teams have - it's only bad when the SEC plays them.

Cry babies because you can't compete on the field.

Its not bad. It's pussy scheduling. Try to keep up.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 2 teams. Well that should definitely be what matters, not the other 10 teams.
Sure it matters, when one of those two teams, might be consider as one of the 4 teams that make it to the playoffs.

USC and UCLA still never have soiled their schedules with a team in The Division Formerly Known as I-AA. But hordes of the nation's 120 Football Bowl Subdivision teams have made such matchups as common as texting in traffic, with the nation's most prominent conferences leading the way.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perish the thought of not allowing you to play Mercer, Citadel, or some other patty cake. My school would love to come to Tuscaloosa, but not unless you come here as well. We get it, Bama wants a bye week before the Iron Bowl and the change to have home or neutral site games for the OOC. It's hard to find teams willing to play without a return date. And in typical Bama fan fashion, you read my insistence that things be fair as butt hurt.

Your school is at the top of the heap. So yeah, every other school and conference in the nation sees that. Call it what you want, 4down, it's a nice position to have. Of course you will be dismissive of anyone who dares challenge you. Fair enough, that says more about you than it does about me.

No, your school would not love to come to Tuscaloosa, Boise St fans like to pretend they would. Big difference.

Alabama and many other schools have offered Boise St these types of games and you refuse to take them because you think you deserve more.

You're gig is up, your 15 minutes are over, deal with it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not bad. It's pussy scheduling. Try to keep up.

And yet the entire reason you guys need to use labels like these is because when it comes to real metrics and stats, you are at the bottom of the SoS rankings.

And that's why nobody even remotely considered your 2 loss Pac12 champion this year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means every SEC team did it. LOL

So what? Are you really looking for brownie points because 2 of your teams didn't?

If so - how fucking pathetic is the Pac12 right now?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already do.

You're all a bunch of cry babies who just can't admit other teams/conferences are better than yours and that's the reason you got left out.
What "Mercer" type school does UCLA or USC schedule?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The toughest SoS for a Pac12 team this year: #24 UCLA