• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that, but also where does all the Bucs confidence come from? Was it their stellar performances down the stretch against the Panthers and Falcons?

I’m setting myself up for failure here as the Bucs will probably come in and steamroll the Eagles. :L
And they did

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the thread question still alive or relevant after tonight's game?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is just a disgusting display of football being played. They have to clean out the staff and Nick made no argument for his job with this effort. I think he’s 50/50 to get fired now.
I think he's gone by end of the week.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad Cry GIF by UW-La Crosse

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, this is just a disgusting display of football being played. They have to clean out the staff and Nick made no argument for his job with this effort. I think he’s 50/50 to get fired now.
I just think the Eagles have no choice but to wipe the coaching slate clean.

I get that Nick is just a yes man but say you keep him and wipe the staff on both sides of the ball. What kind of talent can you attract as coordinators and position players if the head coach is one bad season away from getting fired? Nobody wants to join a staff where you just might be there one season if they have other options. Not to mention the defensive side of the ball is mostly a mess so it's not an attractive job for any potential defensive coaches because you're going to be expected to make it right that season.

The smart move for the Eagles is to bring in a fresh staff, turn over the roster and get it younger, and do a sorta mini rebuild like the Packers and Rams are doing where the SB really isn't open but you're at least not far from it opening.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember a team completely collapsing like this. They started 10-1. If this were a Hollywood script, it would get laughed at. I think Sirianni is gone.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even about X's and O's really even though that part was really bad. The team mentally checked out after the Niners loss and the only thing Sirianni could hang his hat on was that he was a good motivator. That's all you really have to know about the situation. He will be fired by Lurie later today probably or tomorrow at the latest, imo.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still think he shouldn't be fired?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but I’m not gonna bend over backwards to defend him either.
There are some big questions we need answers to as fans. Who decided to change defensive coordinators midseason? That decision basically ended the season.

If it was the owner, then Sirianni may get a pass as the puppet yes-man head coach for one more season. If it was Sirianni, he will be cleaning out his office later today.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some big questions we need answers to as fans. Who decided to change defensive coordinators midseason? That decision basically ended the season.
Yep. I’ve been on this item as the moment it went south for 3 weeks. I doubt it was Nick that made the decision. I don’t think that’s a move Lurie and Roseman allow their head coach to make. Which is not good because they aren’t firing Lurie or Roseman.
If it was the owner, then Sirianni may get a pass as the puppet yes-man head coach for one more season. If it was Sirianni, he will be cleaning out his office later today.
Somebody in here made a solid comment last night about how do you attract good coordinators when if you keep Nick he’s on a short leash.

I think Howie and Jeff will learn from cutting the legs out from under the whole defensive staff and Nick is their scapegoat. If he goes…I want to see them bring in Vrabel. Vrabel ball and its focus on toughness and the trenches is consistent with Eagles culture. But unfortunately I don’t think they will. I think they hire another guy who nobody else interviews and another Yes Man. Hope I’m wrong but I know these guys too well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet he leaves if Kelce is retiring as expected

Stoudt will stay. He’s been here through Chip, Doug, and Nick. He’s the highest paid OL coach in football. He will stay.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be surprised if Travis retires after this season. He has clearly lost a step.

I haven't listened to it but the Kelce brothers have a podcast that is the most listened to the Country? Retire and go into the HOF at the same time as your brother and enjoy life.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you gotta find a new C?

Fuck.
They drafted two interior OL the last few drafts. Landon Dickerson can play center. Cam Jurgens can play center. Dickerson is a 2 time Pro Bowl G and Jurgens is a Pro Bowl alternate this year. They also drafted Tyler Steen who could fit in at the guard spot that opens when either of these guys go to center. They’ll be fine as long as they don’t lose their OL coach Stoudtland. As long as they have him, the Eagles OL will be solid.