• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 24 pages into the discussions so I'm not sure if this has been covered yet but if the Eagles fire Sirriani how do they get a qualified candidate to take the job?
They fired a HOF coach, his replacement who won a SB, then his replacement who won a conference championship game.
There's no job security.
They’re hiring history says they hire Yes Men that no one else was considering and they’re just happy to be an NFL head coach. That’s the MO on Siriani and Pederson and Reid. Chip Kelly is the only guy they’ve hired who was actually interviewed and considered by other teams.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They’re hiring history says they hire Yes Men that no one else was considering and they’re just happy to be an NFL head coach. That’s the MO on Siriani and Pederson and Reid. Chip Kelly is the only guy they’ve hired who was actually interviewed and considered by other teams.

That's a shame. It's arguably a top 3 roster in the NFL. If they gave a head coach security and autonomy they could hire anyone they wanted (Harbaugh, Ben Johnson, Belichick etc)

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, the game can go either way.

Any game can “go either way”. Upsets happen just about every weekend in the NFL. I’m talking probability here.

If you had $1 million to bet and if you win you can keep it all, who are you betting on? I’m just not putting that money on the 9-8 Baker led Bucs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any game can “go either way”. Upsets happen just about every weekend in the NFL. I’m talking probability here.

If you had $1 million to bet and if you win you can keep it all, who are you betting on? I’m just not putting that money on the 9-8 Baker led Bucs.
Bucs. Eagles probably have imploded.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this game is a no play for me. Not sure you can trust either squad.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought of Dougie P as a yes man since he came from the Andy Reid tree. Him wanting control of who he wanted to hire as coordinators and getting denied by Howie was the beginning of Howie's true control of the team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought of Dougie P as a yes man since he came from the Andy Reid tree. Him wanting control of who he wanted to hire as coordinators and getting denied by Howie was the beginning of Howie's true control of the team.
Nah, Howie had the keys after Chip imploded. He let those guys coach but Doug was proven to be what he was when he tried to flex on his Lombardi and they said “nope”. No question that Doug was hired when no one else had interviewed him.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened was love bitch slapped the cowboys defense badly and minus regret

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more or less can the Eagles play a full 60mins or will they implode on the field.
I hear that, but also where does all the Bucs confidence come from? Was it their stellar performances down the stretch against the Panthers and Falcons?

I’m setting myself up for failure here as the Bucs will probably come in and steamroll the Eagles. :L

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Howie had the keys after Chip imploded. He let those guys coach but Doug was proven to be what he was when he tried to flex on his Lombardi and they said “nope”. No question that Doug was hired when no one else had interviewed him.
Agreed he had the keys but Doug wasn't his first hire. I always thought that was a Jeffery hire cause of the respect he has for Andy reid.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that, but also where does all the Bucs confidence come from? Was it their stellar performances down the stretch against the Panthers and Falcons?

I’m setting myself up for failure here as the Bucs will probably come in and steamroll the Eagles. :L
The Bucs confidence comes from the way the Eagles have looked over the last month and a half plus the in house issues.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed he had the keys but Doug wasn't his first hire. I always thought that was a Jeffery hire cause of the respect he has for Andy reid.
Howie was a Reid disciple. The sell he made to Lurie was let me be Joe Banner and let me run the front office and acquisitions. We do Andy football - invest in the O and D line. Pass to win games. Culture beats all. Doug was hired because he was an Andy disciple who Lurie already knew from his days as a back up and a coach in Philly. They try and land a homerun with a chance at the “it” guy with the knowledge that they can turn it over for the next candidate in 3-4 years if need be. Siriani proves his worth as the head guy tonight.

I think they have to adapt to win. They need to get back to the team they were when they struggled in September in the 2Q vs Vikings and they ran inside zone like 10-11 snaps in a row.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie was a Reid disciple. The sell he made to Lurie was let me be Joe Banner and let me run the front office and acquisitions. We do Andy football - invest in the O and D line. Pass to win games. Culture beats all. Doug was hired because he was an Andy disciple who Lurie already knew from his days as a back up and a coach in Philly. They try and land a homerun with a chance at the “it” guy with the knowledge that they can turn it over for the next candidate in 3-4 years if need be. Siriani proves his worth as the head guy tonight.

I think they have to adapt to win. They need to get back to the team they were when they struggled in September in the 2Q vs Vikings and they ran inside zone like 10-11 snaps in a row.
Totally agree!!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is just a disgusting display of football being played. They have to clean out the staff and Nick made no argument for his job with this effort. I think he’s 50/50 to get fired now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is Yes he should be fired.

Has there ever been a bigger collapse and more embarrassing finish to a season? The Eagles were 10-1 and lost 6 out of 7 over the last two months. Has a playoff team ever done that before? This is just a team that quit. major locker room overhaul needed or coaches need to be gone. Doesn't seem like it is repairable without doing one or the other. If Kelce leaves they should just blow it up, but with that horrible contract Hurts signed they probably can't.