• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Bulls blow it up if they don't make finals?

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tod Wilk u selling uniforms? Because if u are, I'll give u $20 for a black Pippen jersey
I wish I knew where to get old jerseys from the 80s and 90's.
I don't have a black Pippen, but that would be pretty rad.

Used to have a
Charlotte Johnson
Suns Barkley
Red Jordan
Stockton, the black ones who do you know with that?
Webber with the Bullets

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that the NBA existed before 1995, right?
The Bucks are already changing their jerseys next season. So even they know they matter otherwise they wouldn't bother changing them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trojanfan is has an alternative sex life with the same sex. He's obcessed with short shorts.

He brought them up.

I was talking about logos and court design.

Uh, you brought up uniforms, designs, etc. It's okay, you don't have to be defensive here. We won't judge you on your lifestyle.

But if you are selling cheap authentic jerseys, I'd like a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Lakers jersey for my son.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are already changing their jerseys next season. So even they know they matter otherwise they wouldn't bother changing them.

:L

They're changing them because it means more money. They finally made the playoffs, fans are excited about the future and a new jersey design means more jersey sales. It's called striking while the iron is hot. They aren't changing them because it will suddenly make them a better team.

It's the same reason that, while the Lakers haven't changed much on the design or color of their jerseys since the 60's, they did add the white uniforms that they wear for Sunday games and the black "Hollywood Nights" uniforms that they wear sometimes.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, you brought up uniforms, designs, etc. It's okay, you don't have to be defensive here. We won't judge you on your lifestyle.

But if you are selling cheap authentic jerseys, I'd like a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Lakers jersey for my son.
You were the one that brought up the shorts and you wanting short shorts. I don't think about that stuff.

The length is fine now.

I don't sell jerseys wanted to get into that a while back.
I think you can find a swingman authentic of Kereem pretty much anywhere. They're almost like game jerseys. I think even Mitchell and Ness makes a jersey that is licensed and is like a game jersey. Something like what you're looking for will cost about 200 dollars.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

They're changing them because it means more money. They finally made the playoffs, fans are excited about the future and a new jersey design means more jersey sales. It's called striking while the iron is hot. They aren't changing them because it will suddenly make them a better team.

It's the same reason that, while the Lakers haven't changed much on the design or color of their jerseys since the 60's, they did add the white uniforms that they wear for Sunday games and the black "Hollywood Nights" uniforms that they wear sometimes.

So what do you think about red and green as the two colors on a jersey. You do know those colors really don't go with each other solely. It's not christmas, right?

Also do you really think thier court looks cool?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK should have titled this thread differently. I honestly think a strong argument can be made for blowing up the entire Eastern Conference if the Cavs go to the finals without Love.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK should have titled this thread differently. I honestly think a strong argument can be made for blowing up the entire Eastern Conference if the Cavs go to the finals without Love.
With the competition in the East it almost makes no sense in truly blowing a team up. That playoff revenue is easily sought by simply having a decent under .500 team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one that brought up the shorts and you wanting short shorts. I don't think about that stuff.

The length is fine now.

I don't sell jerseys wanted to get into that a while back.
I think you can find a swingman authentic of Kereem pretty much anywhere. They're almost like game jerseys. I think even Mitchell and Ness makes a jersey that is licensed and is like a game jersey. Something like what you're looking for will cost about 200 dollars.

Actually, you brought up wanting the old uniforms back, I just asked if you wanted the short shorts back.

The "cheap, authentic jersey's" is kind of a SportsHoopla joke about spammers. There are a lot of SportsHoopla jokes that you'll learn about over time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you think about red and green as the two colors on a jersey. You do know those colors really don't go with each other solely. It's not christmas, right?

Also do you really think thier court looks cool?

I don't pay close attention to uniforms and courts. As long as the players aren't nekkid and the court is 94'x50' with 10' baskets at each end, I'm good with it. Fashion was never my thing (which my wife and daughters will agree with wholeheartedly).

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the competition in the East it almost makes no sense in truly blowing a team up. That playoff revenue is easily sought by simply having a decent under .500 team.

I am only half kidding. half. I get why owners want at least two more games with a playoff atmosphere. But if the Cavs somehow get out of the East without Love it is damn near a crime. Memphis, LA, Golden State, Spurs, Houston are no question better than the Cavs without with Love. When the top 5 teams at the end of the year are in one conference... blowing up the other conference seems like the humane thing to do.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you brought up wanting the old uniforms back, I just asked if you wanted the short shorts back.

The "cheap, authentic jersey's" is kind of a SportsHoopla joke about spammers. There are a lot of SportsHoopla jokes that you'll learn about over time.

I guess sort of a snobby click thing I don't care to be a part of. That's not me. I try to except everyone and I've always lived by a moto.

"I guess you can never really be to nice".

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am only half kidding. half. I get why owners want at least two more games with a playoff atmosphere. But if the Cavs somehow get out of the East without Love it is damn near a crime. Memphis, LA, Golden State, Spurs, Houston are no question better than the Cavs without with Love. When the top 5 teams at the end of the year are in one conference... blowing up the other conference seems like the humane thing to do.

What they really should do is switch New Orleans and Memphis to the East. Doesn't even matter who they send back to the "West".

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you're saying.

The NBA could easily fix this problem that has been going on for many many years now even a generation.

All they have to do is put New Orleans and Memphis in the East.

Then bring back Seattle to balance the East and West with number of teams.

See, if you think about it, Memphis is a very well run organization and run like the Spurs. They've been just about a contender and even a contender this season for about 5 years in a row now. Their books are balanced and they're well coached. They will be good for another 5-10 years until another East team will be better then.

Also New Orleans has one of the best young players in the NBA so that would help the East. New Orleans would've been a 5 seed in the East.

The East would be a pretty good conference then.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess sort of a snobby click thing I don't care to be a part of. That's not me. I try to except everyone and I've always lived by a moto.

"I guess you can never really be to nice".

Nothing snobby or cliqueish, there are just a lot of folks who have been posting together on this and other sites for quite awhile and the result is a lot of "inside jokes" and "SportsHoopla Lingo" that new posters learn as they interact. I've been on this site for 2 years and still come across some jokes an lingo that are new to me.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New idea: the two East teams with the worst records have to spend one year playing in the Western Conference. The price of their awfulness would be an ungodly amount of hours traveling and crazy road trips. If they want to tank, they're gonna have to earn it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA could easily fix this problem that has been going on for many many years now even a generation.

All they have to do is put New Orleans and Memphis in the East.

Then bring back Seattle to balance the East and West with number of teams.

Really good idea. They'd probably have to get a franchise set up in Seattle first, but moving the Grizzlies and Pelicans to the East (where the belong geographically anyway) would instantly upgrade the East.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they really sh

ould do is switch New Orleans and Memphis to the East. Doesn't even matter who they send back to the "West".
Don't send anyone back.

Just add another team to the West with Seattle.

The number of teams in each conference would be balanced enough then.
The geography really makes sense aswell.

I'm not one for conspiracies but I think the NBA might sort of by design be making it easier for Lebron in the East each year. They think that might be a recipe for a dynasty and dynasties usually draw the ratings.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New idea: the two East teams with the worst records have to spend one year playing in the Western Conference. The price of their awfulness would be an ungodly amount of hours traveling and crazy road trips. If they want to tank, they're gonna have to earn it.

ha, I actually like this idea too.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just pulled up an "NBA map" on google to see where exactly Chicago/Milwaukee lie in relation to New Orleans and Memphis. They are pretty much the same line. Somebody from the East should relocate to Seattle and then switch either Memphis or N.O. to the East. Whatever though. I dont remember it ever being this unbalanced.. yes back in early 2000s it was bad.. But even back then the #3 or #4 could have been argued. Without Love, the best the East can claim is probably #6.