• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should fighting be eliminated?

Should NHL eliminate fighting?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No, but give the players game misconduct for fighting

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think players should be kicked out of games for fighting like they do in other sports. I don't like how they only get 5:00. You could argue it's part of the game but it's really not if you're getting penalized for it.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think players should be kicked out of games for fighting like they do in other sports. I don't like how they only get 5:00. You could argue it's part of the game but it's really not if you're getting penalized for it.

Nah... that's over the top. I'm getting tired of people getting softer and softer in the last 15-20 years and wanting to change the rules. These hockey players ALL know about fighting and what purpose it serves. Sure there's a few dumb ass loose cannons but to eliminate fighting altogether would be disastrous. Be prepared for some crazy sticks to the face or slashes or whatever frustration is taken into action instead of them just duking it out for 30 seconds and getting it over with.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. Part of the game, and always should be.

It serves several purposes, most importantly keeping your skilled players safe and also from getting some moron who decides to cross the line a completely free pass at doing so.

And for the previous poster who said that football is just as rough as hockey, I completely disagree. Football players are some of the biggest wimps out there, they aren't nearly as in good shape and their plays last 10 seconds, a minute break, big hit, minute break, flag, minute break, etc. The hockey player endure much more damage in a 20 second span than a football player does barring some catastrophic injury (Theissman style for instance).

I say this having played both sports for years in my youth through HS and still plying hockey as an almost 40 year old, as a FS in football and a RW and D in hockey. The only sport rougher than hockey is rugby, almost all my major injuries (rebuilt knees, broken bones, etc.) were from hockey and not football.