• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Detroit re-sign Goff this offseason or wait till after next season?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not an average or slightly above average QB. He's a QB who plays exceptionally well in patches and then plays below average in patches. He's never been average or slightly above average.QB.
In a vacuum I’d argue he is. He has had mostly good fortune in terms of coaching outside of the Fisher year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not an average or slightly above average QB. He's a QB who plays exceptionally well in patches and then plays below average in patches. He's never been average or slightly above average.QB.

Below average QB's dont throw for 4400+ yards in a single season 4 times in a career.

We get it Ram's fans. You dont like Jared Goff. But it is ridiculous to say a guy who has performed above average for as long as Goff has is somehow below average.

You guys seem to fail to grasp what average is these days. It sure as hell isnt 4400+ yards 30TD's.

This argument oddly enough reminds me of telling people Stafford when he was in his late 20's/early 30's isnt a below average QB.

Last edited:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s cute tho. Admit it. It’s like they woke up and now are finally bad asses

congrats

can't wait for an informed opinion

You do realize anyone can be a fan of any team they want?

Being a fan of a certain team does not mean shit when it comes to opinions. I watched the greatest dynasty of all time for the 20 years before last year. Does not mean my opinion is worth more. Nor does being a fan of teams that have won SBs here and there. The opposite holds true as well. Just because most Lions fans have had to watch shitty teams means nothing either.

Reactions: DJ

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny Lions fans think Goff is as good as Stafford. They are so use to mediocre quarterback play that they think because their winning now. It's because Goff has elevated them. The only quarterback that elevates players is Stafford, he made Calvin Johnson a 2k threat, Kupp a triple crown winner, Puka a rookie record setter. Super Bowl, no running game, on their 4th TE, backup offensive lineman starting. Kupp being the only threat and he finds a way to win.

Guy like Goff works what he works with. Sunday was an perfect example. Where was Goff on the second half, adjustments came and all he can get was 3 points at home against an average at best defense. While Stafford was getting hit in the head, ribs and wherever else and still balling and not turning over the ball.

Goff didn’t win that game he survived and should thank his red zone defense.

The big difference now is that Detroit actually is putting talent atound the quarterback on offense, starting witt the offensive line.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Being a fan of a certain team does not mean shit when it comes to opinions. I watched the greatest dynasty of all time for the 20 years before last year. Does not mean my opinion is worth more. Nor does being a fan of teams that have won SBs here and there. The opposite holds true as well. Just because most Lions fans have had to watch shitty teams means nothing either.
I agree

seems to me you went there

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the Calvin Johnson almost 2K love.

Pad Statford kept chucking it til the end of the 4th quarter every week. Of a 4 win season. Real impressive. For anyone that wasn’t paying attention.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pad Statford kept chucking it til the end of the 4th quarter every week. Of a 4 win season. Real impressive. For anyone that wasn’t paying attention.
Of course you have no real argument, just mindless bs like always. Enjoy your ringless Goff years

He had to throw the ball, the Lions defense and coaching always kept them losing in games. Play catch up every week, gets old.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then why are you dismissing the opinions of Cowboys and Eagles fans based on the results of two football games? Weird.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Below average QB's dont throw for 4400+ yards in a single season 4 times in a career.

We get it Ram's fans. You dont like Jared Goff. But it is ridiculous to say a guy who has performed above average for as long as Goff has is somehow below average.

You guys seem to fail to grasp what average is these days. It sure as hell isnt 4400+ yards 30TD's.

This argument oddly enough reminds me of telling people Stafford when he was in his late 20's/early 30's isnt a below average QB.
Have you forgotten what happened before 2022? Goff was a ProBowler in 2017. He was great in 2018. He was meh in 2019. He was poor in 2020 and benched for a playoff game. He was poor in 2021 for the Lions, (QBR of 39.5), and after the season Lions fans talked about cutting bait. He was a ProBowler and Comeback player of the year in a great 2022 season, (again emphasising how poor he was in 2021). He was borderline great again in 2023. There's not a lot of average in there. It's mostly exceptional or below average.

I like Goff. I have done since his 2nd NFL season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you have no real argument, just mindless bs like always. Enjoy your ringless Goff years

He had to throw the ball, the Lions defense and coaching always kept them losing in games. Play catch up every week, gets old.
I have years and years of argument.

None of it pertinent to the thread. Cuz it’s not about Stafford. No matter how much Rams fans want it to be.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was Goff on the second half, adjustments came and all he can get was 3 points at home against an average at best defense. While Stafford was getting hit in the head, ribs and wherever else and still balling and not turning over the ball.

Goff didn’t win that game he survived and should thank his red zone defense.
I’m not one who says Goff is better than Stafford. I loved Stafford in Detroit and he is a HOFer. I do think Goff is currently a top 10 QB and has been one for much of his career. He’s far from elite, but I would say he is still a great QB.

You criticize Goff for only scoring 3 points in the second half on Sunday, but saying that Stafford was “still balling” with his robust 6 points in the second half?

Goff played a great game. 22-27, 277 yards, no turnovers. That’s an overall great playoff performance.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

K

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

0F8FAFAC-CB9A-4008-AF5C-852330EF57EA.jpeg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you forgotten what happened before 2022? Goff was a ProBowler in 2017. He was great in 2018. He was meh in 2019. He was poor in 2020 and benched for a playoff game. He was poor in 2021 for the Lions, (QBR of 39.5), and after the season Lions fans talked about cutting bait. He was a ProBowler and Comeback player of the year in a great 2022 season, (again emphasising how poor he was in 2021). He was borderline great again in 2023. There's not a lot of average in there. It's mostly exceptional or below average.

I like Goff. I have done since his 2nd NFL season.
Goff has never been comeback player of the year.