• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Atlanta trade Matt Ryan and Julio Jones ?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it . The D is awful . Even historically great years from both guys probably isn't getting you a playoff berth.

Both guys still have good value . Should the Falcons be looking to move them to gain picks? The D needs so much help it couldn't hurt to stockpile picks and I think plenty of teams would be interested

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it . The D is awful . Even historically great years from both guys probably isn't getting you a playoff berth.

Both guys still have good value . Should the Falcons be looking to move them to gain picks? The D needs so much help it couldn't hurt to stockpile picks and I think plenty of teams would be interested
Not a bad idea. Which teams you think would/could be interested? The Pats maybe? :noidea: Would fit their needs nicely.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea. Which teams you think would/could be interested? The Pats maybe? :noidea: Would fit their needs nicely.
Honestly lots of teams if the cap #s could work. Top of my head for Ryan I think Cleveland or Chicago makes both teams SB contenders. NE is a great fit for Julio and there's probably never been a more Patrioty non Patriot

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was trying to think of a special teams joke, but I got nothing.
Well if we could keep the offense and trade everyone else I'd be ok with that too lol

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely need to start over after this season, especially if they don't make the playoffs...

Julio Jones to the Bengals would really help the development of Burrows... Green/Jones would be great for the future of a Franchise QB... They're not paying a QB top salary yet so they could very well spend the money on Jones to help their rookie out...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, not sure what you can for matty. Bloated contract but I still feel he can be valuable to a team who wants to contend in the playoffs and needs a QB. They would need to find a team who has the space + it fits their future plans...they wont get a 1st for him

I would be surprised if you could get a 1st for JJ as well. Is it worth it?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the fire sale starts early this year huh?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the fire sale starts early this year huh?
Its not really early when you consider how bad the D has been since Quinn got there. Theres no reason to think he's going to magically turn it around this week.

Atlanta has had a SB offense for 4+ years and has made the playoffs twice. I mean what's the point of continuing to wait ? Neither guy is going to be more valuable next year

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, not sure what you can for matty. Bloated contract but I still feel he can be valuable to a team who wants to contend in the playoffs and needs a QB. They would need to find a team who has the space + it fits their future plans...they wont get a 1st for him

I would be surprised if you could get a 1st for JJ as well. Is it worth it?
Its not really bloated by QB standards now. Its probably about right for where he ranks league wide. Of course that doesn't mean a lot of teams can pay it. You'd need a team with a QB on a rookie deal who wasn't performing and Atlanta would need to take back some dead weight too id guess . Still makes sense for a few teams. Yours being one of them imo. Wouldn't even have to get rid of Mayfield as Ryan's contract is up after next year.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like this idea, Julio has made it clear he doesn't want to play for another team. I think he's earned that right.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO one is going to trade their #1WR and QB unless the coach is first fired. I'd be all for it, build around Ridley. Not sure what Julio could get you this year. He seems always hurt and unwilling to get banged up to make a TD play.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not really bloated by QB standards now. Its probably about right for where he ranks league wide. Of course that doesn't mean a lot of teams can pay it. You'd need a team with a QB on a rookie deal who wasn't performing and Atlanta would need to take back some dead weight too id guess . Still makes sense for a few teams. Yours being one of them imo. Wouldn't even have to get rid of Mayfield as Ryan's contract is up after next year.
Yeah true but it’s finding a team that has no belief in their current QB or young developing QB. Maybe the Skins. I doubt it happens but it would be in the offseason too

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at who will need a QB, I could see an offseason trade for Matt. See where the cap settles and how this year goes. I could see suitors for him being:

Indy
CHI
Minny
TPA
Tennessee
PIT
Panthers

Wildcard: Dallas.

However, unless Julio is traded I don't see ATL getting into rebuild mode.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO one is going to trade their #1WR and QB unless the coach is first fired. I'd be all for it, build around Ridley. Not sure what Julio could get you this year. He seems always hurt and unwilling to get banged up to make a TD play.
Julio is the easy trade imo. Atlanta has a WR1 in Ridley. Ryan would be tougher to part with but you'd probably get more for him Nd he's being wasted with the D.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And covering about $100M in dead money shouldn't be a problem with the lower cap next year...