• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman Autographs

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not anti-Seahawk as I am a big Carroll fan (don't think he is historically great yet though) and I am a big Russell Wilson fan. It is just about impossible to hate Wilson unless you are a 49ers fan then it becomes a bit easier. I respect the heck out of the Seahawk organization and how they have turned things around and respect the fan base (other than a few idiots just like with any fan base) for how much they care about their team. Heck I lived in Seattle not too long ago for a few years so got to have many Seahawks conversations. Now I am an anti-Sherman person just because I find him completely annoying and very disrespectful towards many. I guess I grew up always being taught that you respect the heck out of those you are competing against and win or lose you go tell them good game and show them that you appreciate their effort. If I didn't do this my butt would be redder than a cherry tomato. So again he just clashes with how I grew up. I can understand though those who do like him and that is just fine. Heck I would love to have him on the Broncos. Would always be wishing for him to keep his mouth shut though and if I had ever met him in person would tell him I appreciate what he brings to the Broncos but just shut up for once.

Respect for your opponents? You mean like this:
https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/statuses/430214142398849024

Or this:
https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/statuses/430214365594546176

Is that what you're talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking I was taught to respect all players and fans and officials. Unless someone was seriously trying to harm another individual I was taught at least on the field to respect them. Obviously Sherman respects certain players but he also has no problem bad mouthing another

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how much winning allows you to tolerate. Sherman is annoying and his act is tired. With that said I would take him on my team and put up with his shenanigans any day of the week. As long as he keeps backing it up on the field.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking I was taught to respect all players and fans and officials. Unless someone was seriously trying to harm another individual I was taught at least on the field to respect them. Obviously Sherman respects certain players but he also has no problem bad mouthing another

I always felt that Sherman respected those who respect him. Examples have been given. When Sherman goes off on another player it because they have been disrespectfull first and yeah that includes Brady and Crabtree.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunkee, you are as much of a punk as Trent W is in this clip. Note that the bully has his helmut on and sucker punches a guy about 100 lbs lighter than his weight.
I am not surprised you admire Mr. Williams for this.

So, I'm a punk for having fun posting a few pics of an arrogant player on your favorite team? Go suffocate on a twat you stupid dyke.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always felt that Sherman respected those who respect him. Examples have been given. When Sherman goes off on another player it because they have been disrespectfull first and yeah that includes Brady and Crabtree.

So only people who show you respect get it? Somebody has to start the whole respecting process. If I remember right Brady just didn't know who Sherman was. That's not disrespect that's just not knowing every single person on every team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So only people who show you respect get it? Somebody has to start the whole respecting process. If I remember right Brady just didn't know who Sherman was. That's not disrespect that's just not knowing every single person on every team.

Tom Brady is the master at subtle put downs. He made the remark coming into to Seattle that he really enjoyed going on the road and shutting up the home town fans by going right down the field and scoring right off the bat.
Now he coached as a general remark about playing on the road, but don't make the mistake of thinking he wasn't putting the Seahawks and their fans down, he was.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont know how any QB could thoroughly prepare for the Hawks and not know who Sherman is.

And I've watched Brady jaw with lots of defenders over the years, I could totally see Brady saying he didn't know who he was as a shot, like Sherman is irrelevant. After the game Sherm just wanted to make sure he knew who he was. This idea that Brady is some infallible class act that is far above trash talk (dishing or receiving) is a joke.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman was talking crap in the Redskins game, Williams didn't like it, and Sherman got the slap in the face he was asking for. BFD. If Williams really wanted to lay Sherman out it would have ended his year.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm a punk for having fun posting a few pics of an arrogant player on your favorite team? Go suffocate on a twat you stupid dyke.

Dang, touched a nerve huh?
You are a punk for taking the side of an aggressor who has his helmut on and is 100LBs heavier. You remain a punk by saying Sherm deserves more of the same.

Get it? Punky?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not anti-Seahawk as I am a big Carroll fan (don't think he is historically great yet though) and I am a big Russell Wilson fan. It is just about impossible to hate Wilson unless you are a 49ers fan then it becomes a bit easier. I respect the heck out of the Seahawk organization and how they have turned things around and respect the fan base (other than a few idiots just like with any fan base) for how much they care about their team. Heck I lived in Seattle not too long ago for a few years so got to have many Seahawks conversations. Now I am an anti-Sherman person just because I find him completely annoying and very disrespectful towards many. I guess I grew up always being taught that you respect the heck out of those you are competing against and win or lose you go tell them good game and show them that you appreciate their effort. If I didn't do this my butt would be redder than a cherry tomato. So again he just clashes with how I grew up. I can understand though those who do like him and that is just fine. Heck I would love to have him on the Broncos. Would always be wishing for him to keep his mouth shut though and if I had ever met him in person would tell him I appreciate what he brings to the Broncos but just shut up for once.

Now to SonnyCID about the whole him mouthing off compared to getting pushed in the face yeah honestly I put them pretty close to the same level. In the NFL these guys spend around 3 hours pushing and shoving one another so expecting all of that adrenaline to be gone and that reaction to be gone is just as crazy as people being mad at Sherman when he has a Mic put in his face after the biggest play of his career. Both are emotional responses to what is happening around them. I've been in plenty of football games in my career to have similar things happen around me and soon after the guys are just fine and shaking hands going out for a beer. Again it is a heat of the moment thing. Williams paid for his mistake and moved on. He apologized like a man should and moved on. Now with Sherman still months later he is acting the same way he did during that interview so where I grew up that was not stepping up and being a man. That was being a punk. Again though we all have our preferences of how we like our players.

You don't sound like a fan of Pete's.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler7,

I dont think you are taking the whole picture into perspective? I am the same type of guy you are, I let my play speak for me. If this was pop warner through college, most would have a good case against Sherman. The NFL is an entertainment business and Sherman is an entertainer and frankly he is doing a good job entertaining me. A football career doesnt last that long, so when you invest your time in the business, its your job to secure a future beyond playing. Look at the buzz that surrounds his name, he is doing a great job at marketing his future.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I rolled my eyes at all of the blind support for Sherman by Seahawk fans. Then I realized; if he were a 49er, all of the excuses made for his shenanigans would be ones I'd employ as well. Hell, I make excuses for Aldon Smith. ;)

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I rolled my eyes at all of the blind support for Sherman by Seahawk fans. Then I realized; if he were a 49er, all of the excuses made for his shenanigans would be ones I'd employ as well. Hell, I make excuses for Aldon Smith. ;)

exactly...Sherman is a douche, but he's Seattle's douche and he backs it up on the field (which is all that really matters). of course they're going to excuse his act.

hell, Steeler fans (myself included) certainly have made enough excuses for that douche BigBen

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things. The Brady situation was ridiculous. Brady spoke some trash talk before the game the Thomas and Sherman. He does that most weeks from what I understand. No other player has ever done what Sherman did though of going up to him after the game like that. Again most people are taught to win with dignity and honor and to lose in the same way. Win or lose most players will either leave the field because they are so upset and just need a bit of time or are willing to go shake the hand of their opponent. Don't see very often somebody go up and continue trash talking. Most NFL players realize how hard everybody on that field works and there is a brotherhood among all players not just for the ones on your own team.

Uhsplit--how is saying Carroll is a great coach showing that I don't like him? I have said over and over again he is a great coach. Because I'm not ready to crown him among the all-time great head coaches means I don't like him? Heck when the Broncos had Shanahan and won two Super Bowls I wasn't ready to crown him among the greats and still wouldn't to this day.

Jayviabay--I understand this is an entertainment business and if this is how Sherman wants to conduct himself to get his name out there then that is fine. There have been the loud mouth players before him like Sanders who then went on to have a good career in tv after his playing days so yeah maybe Sherman is just working to set himself up. Again this is just a personal thing that I know many around the country share in his antics are a major turn off towards wanting to support anything he stands for. For me honestly if he became the spokesperson for some product it would turn me off to ever buying it. Now others it could be the exact opposite but I think it would mostly limit it to Seattle fans as I don't know a single person outside of Seattle that is a huge Sherman fan. I will admit I am a fan of his play on the field. I do love actually watching tape of him. Nobody can deny his talent, but like I said could care less for a guy like him off the field and I would say the same thing about Bronco players. I love what Von Miller does for the Broncos on the field but can't stand what he has done off of it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to put it in perspective. Take what he's giving vs. Hamlin, Stevens, ARod, ... He likes to talk crap about opponents and has a WWE side to him. I'll take that any day over some of the garbage we've had in years past.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to put it in perspective. Take what he's giving vs. Hamlin, Stevens, ARod, ... He likes to talk crap about opponents and has a WWE side to him. I'll take that any day over some of the garbage we've had in years past.

The WWE side of him is hilarious.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only season why Brady doesnt eat more crow for talking trash is because usually he wins. But when he doesnt, guys like Bart Scott, T Suggs and Sherman arent afraid to call him on it.

Not everyone is the same cdumler. I défend Sherman more because he's on my team. But I have always liked the kind of guy that tells you whats up straight to your face rather than in a back handed / passive aggressive manner. And Ive always been annoyed by the good guy / bad guy narrative in the game, especially when its flamed so heavily by the média. None of these guys are as good or as bad as they are portrayed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumpler...

Uhsplit--how is saying Carroll is a great coach showing that I don't like him? I have said over and over again he is a great coach. Because I'm not ready to crown him among the all-time great head coaches means I don't like him? Heck when the Broncos had Shanahan and won two Super Bowls I wasn't ready to crown him among the greats and still wouldn't to this day.

Sorry to continue:deadhorse: but in the Pete contract extension thread you 1st said Pete was a good coach. Then you said Pete has done good things in Seattle. When pressured, you moved up your analysis to very good coach. Now, in this paragraph you state you are saying he is a great coach.

I would not call Shanny a great coach either. Without Elway he has done squat and he mangled RG3.