• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherman appreciates all you haters

Frank Rizzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your problem is you hate folks with big mouths. I get it. I'm sure you've hate guys like Muhammad Ali and Gary Payton also. That's OK. Some folks find it amusing and don't take all to serious, others are outraged and take it very seriously.

As for raising kids,...if your kids moral compass is move in the least by a big mouth athelete,..you should take another look on your raising your children.

Someone posted earlier in this thread that Sherman is a hero to Seattle fans. If this guy is your hero I would have the same concerns as the other poster about the example being set to kids.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone posted earlier in this thread that Sherman is a hero to Seattle fans. If this guy is your hero I would have the same concerns as the other poster about the example being set to kids.

He's a hero as player and what he done on the field by Seahawks football fans. As for kids, I raise a bunch of them, and a athelete had zero impact on any of them, unless the athelete was a family member.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hero" is one of the most abused terms in the English language. :nod:

Frank Rizzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hero" is one of the most abused terms in the English language. :nod:

I agree. I would never refer to an athlete as a hero (especially Sherman) unless it was for something accomplished outside of the game, like Jackie Robinson for example.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I would never refer to an athlete as a hero (especially Sherman) unless it was for something accomplished outside of the game, like Jackie Robinson for example.

Meh...so your saying Aaron Rogers is not a hero for the Packers? Of course he is. Your just playing semantics.
Saying a player is a hero on the field is not the same as saying he's a hero in life. Plenty of examples for that statement. I tend to look for life hero's from family and such. Never someone on TV.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need someone or something to hate. They feel safest when they can hate as a group. Like pretending to be all up in arms and judgemental over comments from a young athlete. Its pathetic.

They need Sherman. If they didnt have him, they would create him in order to express their faux outrage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seattle fans making this guy out to be a hero for acting like an idiot and not being a good teammate are a strange bunch for sure.

Just a heads up but it was you who was the 1st in this thread to use the word hero.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle fans making this guy out to be a hero for acting like an idiot and not being a good teammate are a strange bunch for sure.

Just a heads up but it was you who was the 1st in this thread to use the word hero.

Well, how else is going to put words in our mouths?

Frank Rizzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...so your saying Aaron Rogers is not a hero for the Packers? Of course he is. Your just playing semantics.
Saying a player is a hero on the field is not the same as saying he's a hero in life. Plenty of examples for that statement. I tend to look for life hero's from family and such. Never someone on TV.

Maybe for some Rodgers might be but not for me. He hasn't done anything worthy of that label. Like the other poster said the term is abused. Someone that is good at playing a game is not a hero in my opinion.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hero and 'role model' shouldn't describe any athlete for what they do in any sport on the field. It would describe what they do to better the community, give to charities ,etc.

Frank Rizzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, how else is going to put words in our mouths?

Huh? I made a post saying some fans were making this guy out to be a hero. Another poster replied to that post saying "Sherm has been our hero...." Read it for yourself on the first page. How on earth is that putting words in your mouth?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I made a post saying some fans were making this guy out to be a hero. Another poster replied to that post saying "Sherm has been our hero...." Read it for yourself on the first page. How on earth is that putting words in your mouth?

If posters say he been our hero, they were not talking about his mouth. Perhaps the good things he has done for charity and kids. If not that then, just admiration for what he did on the field.

Your making a mountain over a mole hill.

Frank Rizzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If posters say he been our hero, they were not talking about his mouth. Perhaps the good things he has done for charity and kids. If not that then, just admiration for what he did on the field.

Your making a mountain over a mole hill.

I don't know why he is your hero and I actually don't even care. I'm not making a mountain out of anything, I just agreed with another person who said the term is abused and I still agree with that.

I choose not to use the term about an athlete but if you do then so be it. Just a difference of opinion is all.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he was my hero, just giving an explaination of why others refer to him as such IMO.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are one big talker. You should never put anyone down if you think hitting a player after the game is called for.
Sherman getting smacked twice in a few short weeks by other players is an obvious testament to the level of douche he is willing to stoop to. His behavior is also quite obviously at least tolerated by his team if not encouraged. Pretty difficult to respect that. When a player crosses a line that he has obviously crossed, I don't blame another player for dealing with him appropriately. I also think that Richardson simply exposed him for the punk that he really is.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just keeps getting more weird... This guy goes on a selfish and extremely idiotic rant following the game and now all of a sudden he is a hero to the Seattle fans because of it.... Unbelievable

Lol

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isn't that big a deal and he isn't that bad. But tv paints a different picture and his brazen attitude comes off wrong the way he delivers it.

...I can act cocky and I can act/be smart because I can/I'm better than you. And then get more media time explaining it away. I prefer smart to dumb but he needs to stop making excuses for poor behavior and shut up and be humble. One of those people that is just annoying because he has to keep reminding you he's black and proud and smart and you better respect it and while we're at it let me give the choke sign because I'm so smart i'll make excuses for being a jerk later....and he did tv today and yesterday...Seattle isn't ready and focused for the big game...if he is an example of it they simply aren't ready

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isn't that big a deal and he isn't that bad. But tv paints a different picture and his brazen attitude comes off wrong the way he delivers it.

...I can act cocky and I can act/be smart because I can/I'm better than you. And then get more media time explaining it away. I prefer smart to dumb but he needs to stop making excuses for poor behavior and shut up and be humble. One of those people that is just annoying because he has to keep reminding you he's black and proud and smart and you better respect it and while we're at it let me give the choke sign because I'm so smart i'll make excuses for being a jerk later....and he did tv today and yesterday...Seattle isn't ready and focused for the big game...if he is an example of it they simply aren't ready

notice that you brought out the "black" card. Nice try, Hitler....

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:
Try to stay in touch. Sherm has been our hero since he became a starter 2 years ago. Crabtree just happened to bring out the best and the worst of him in an instant.
Maybe you didn't see Sherm run over to Crabs and extend a hand stating loudly "Great game-great game". No one blames Crabs for the shove to the face mask. Sherm is the bad guy for using words no one likes.

I kind of view his congratulating Crabtree as a veiled insult almost. A sarcastic congratulations. He knew Crabtree wanted no part of it and did not want to talk to him.

Not defending Crabtree here. He left the field and headed straight to the locker room after pushing Sherman in the face mask.

But you could tell from Sherman's tone that he wanted to show up Crabtree after he got the best of him. He said he wanted to embarrass him publicly over a grudge he held over a year.

He selfishly went on a rant the deflected all the attention of the teams win in the NFC title game (He admitted to this) all because he wanted to show up someone he has a beef with.

Selfish attitude, talks too much. Great player, not a thug, but immature and lacks class.

I'm over 40 and no player who runs his mouth like that ever had my respect. Act like a professional.