• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaq Was Better Then Lebron In His Prime

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was no saint, Shaq was as much, if not more of an asshole than Kobe was. Kobe was young, dumb and arrogant, what's Shaq's excuse for contributing to what Doc Rivers calls "the biggest travesty in sports" (the breaking up of Shaq and Kobe).

The 2002–03 season began with the three-time defending champions getting off to one of their worst starts ever. The team was several games under .500 at 11–19 with their return to the playoffs questionable. O'Neal was sidelined with hallux rigidus, a degenerative arthritis in his toe. O'Neal could have had surgery on his toe early in the summer (which would have allowed him to return to playing sooner), but he decided to wait and have the surgery performed not long before the Lakers' pre-season training camp began. He said, "I got hurt on company time, so I’ll rehab on company time." O'Neal debated whether to have a more invasive surgery that would have kept him out an additional three months, but he opted against the more involved procedure. During the season, Bryant had a nine-game streak where he scored at least 40 points and a 13-game streak where he scored 35 or better. Still, the relationship between O'Neal and Bryant remained peaceful.

O'Neal said his and Bryant's past barbs in the press was "almost like a game." They could handle it—until the 2003–04 season. Just prior to the season, Bryant privately warned Jackson, "If (O'Neal) starts saying (unreasonable) things in the press, I'll fire back ... I've had it." There had been no public indications of animosity between the two since the 2000–2001 season. With Bryant absent from camp due to his legal situation and his recovery from knee surgery, O'Neal said "the full team is here." Later, after sitting out an exhibition game to rest a sore left heel, O'Neal said, "I want to be right [in the regular season] for Derek [Fisher], Karl and Gary." Bryant was again ignored by O'Neal.

O'Neal was throwing blows at Kobe through the media, of course he would get back at him by revealing his little secret.

As the hearings began, the prosecution accused Bryant's defense team of attacking his accuser's credibility. It was revealed that she wore underpants containing another man's semen and pubic hair to her r*pe exam the day after the alleged incident. Detective Doug Winters stated that the yellow underwear she wore to her r*pe exam contained sperm from another man, along with Caucasian pubic hair. Bryant's defense stated that the exam results showed "compelling evidence of innocence" because the accuser must have had another sexual encounter immediately after the incident. She told investigators that she grabbed dirty underwear by mistake from her laundry basket when she left her home for the examination. On the day she was examined, she said she hadn’t showered since the morning of the incident. The examination found evidence of vaginal trauma, which Bryant’s defense team claimed was consistent with having sex with multiple partners in two days.
The evidence recovered by police included the T-shirt that Bryant wore the night of the incident, which had three small stains of the accuser's blood on it. The smudge was verified to be the accuser's blood by DNA testing and probably was not menstrual blood because the accuser said she had her period two weeks earlier. It was revealed that Bryant leaned the woman over a chair to have sex with her, which allegedly caused the bleeding. This was the sex act in question, as the accuser claims she told Bryant to stop but he would not, and Bryant claims he stopped after asking if he could ejaculate on her face.
Trina McKay, the resort's night auditor, said she saw the accuser as she was leaving to go home, and "she did not look or sound as if there had been any problem." However, Bobby Pietrack, the accuser's high school friend and a bellman at the resort, said she appeared to be very upset, and "told me that Kobe Bryant had forced sex with her."
A few weeks before the trial was scheduled to begin, the accuser wrote a letter to state investigator Gerry Sandberg clarifying some details of her first interview by Colorado police. She wrote, "I told Detective Winters that on that morning while leaving I had car troubles. That was not true. When I called in late to work that day that was the reason I gave my boss for being late. In all reality, I had simply overslept...I told Detective Winters that Mr. Bryant had made me stay in the room and wash my face. While I was held against my will in that room, I was not forced to wash my face. I did not wash my face. Instead I stopped at the mirror by the elevator on that floor to clean my face up. I am extremely disappointed in myself and also very sorry to anyone misled by that mix-up of information. I said what I said because I felt that Detective Winters did not believe what had happened to me."
Bryant's defense lawyer Pamela Mackey asserted that the accuser was taking an anti-psychotic drug for the treatment of schizophrenia at the time of the incident. The accuser was hospitalized as a "danger to herself" four months before the alleged sexual assault. Lindsey McKinney, who lived with the accuser, said the woman twice tried to kill herself at school by overdosing on sleeping pills. Before the alleged incident, the accuser, an aspiring singer, tried out for the television show American Idol with the song "Forgive" by Rebecca Lynn Howard, but failed to advance. In addition to the woman's moral character and reputation being challenged by Bryant's defense lawyer, she received death threats and hate mail.
On September 1, 2004 Eagle County District Judge Terry Ruckriegle dismissed the charges against Bryant, after prosecutors spent more than $200,000 preparing for trial, because his accuser informed them that she was unwilling to testify

If you think that's a sound r*pe case then you need to be on meds like the accuser.

This is what I have said before, and was to lazy to put into print. Shaq was an asshole and I don't blame Kobe for wanting Shaq out. The only thing I would fault Kobe for was for saying he would have played with Shaq when we both know he wouldn't have. I wouldn't have and neither would any one else have played with someone like that. It is a shame though that Kobe, Shaq and Phil didn't sit down together and discussed their issues like grown men and worked it out so that they could continue as a team. I had my doubts at the time that the Lakers management would have been willing to have two players earning 20 million or more on the payroll though and figured one of them would be history

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention - Wasn't r*pe - it was blackmail to get easy money - and it worked and since she got paid for having sex - that makes her a prostitute

You're a fucking retarded dope. Colorado is a state, not a town dummy. And Kobe straight up raped that girl. She didn't want the humiliation of a trial AND Kobe the rapist wanted it to end. Those are the facts. Now stfu with your wanna be urban ass

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way though that little whore made good money off of Kobe

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's a whore cause she got raped. You deserve to get raped and then knocked the fuck out for being a punk ass loser.

She was batshit crazy and milked the situation for everything it was worth. She brought a dirty pair of panties to a r*pe test lol. She was caught lying over and over and even admitted to lying to parts of the story. There are a ridiculous amount of holes in the case. Which is ironic because Kobe came on her face.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was batshit crazy and milked the situation for everything it was worth. She brought a dirty pair of panties to a r*pe test lol. She was caught lying over and over and even admitted to lying to parts of the story. There are a ridiculous amount of holes in the case. Which is ironic because Kobe came on her face.

Now you know why I have dumbAssBelt blocked so that I can't read his shit, you're right on. Clearly the prostitute had sex with another man in less then 48 hours and went to Kobe's room with dirty clothes on. Truthfully being that dirty might be an insult to the whores on the streets. Most of them have pimps that keep them cleaner then that. That was just nasty. She even told the hotel clerk she was expecting Kobe to want sex, so she went in that room with Kobe with full expectations of what he wanted. She got paid for turning tricks if you ask me and she got paid well

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's a whore cause she got raped. You deserve to get raped and then knocked the fuck out for being a punk ass loser.

Im gonna die over here. Wow. Not who u directed at or even what the conversation is about, but the words you used on the net. :laugh3:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea girl was definitely a tramp.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea girl was definitely a tramp.

I still keep asking myself what kind of a person has sex and doesn't even take a shower in between men and there is only one answer - A nasty person

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still keep asking myself what kind of a person has sex and doesn't even take a shower in between men and there is only one answer - A nasty person

You guys never banged two chicks in same day when you were younger? I know I did and neither chick was famous. If I had a chance to bang, lets say, Jennifer Capriati, and I had already banged my girlfriend. I would have done it.

Bottom line is, she was raped. No laughing matter. TLF wishes he could have multiple men in same day. He wouldn't change his panties, either.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can when you hear Miami Heat fans saying every week that Lebron James is the best basketball player ever. My response is really?, What about Shaq Oneal, Bill Russell, Bill Walton, Larry Bird, Isaiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Kareem Jabaar, Wilt Chamberlain and etc. Heat fans opened this comparison up every time they have called Lebron the best ever

Wait what?? Bill Walton:laugh3:

jake_rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What about Shaq Oneal, Bill Russell, Bill Walton, Larry Bird, Isaiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Kareem Jabaar, Wilt Chamberlain and etc."

^ classic. Gold, Jerry, gold!

jake_rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Kobe was young and a bit naive with american justice in small towns such as Colorado. Here is a hint - when you are in a small town - Don't mess with the local talent"

^ LOL. Pure genius.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this thread is right on track.

As much as I hate Kobe I really doubt he raped her, I believe she had 4 or 5 other guys sperm inside her? Seems like a really unsafe hooker to me. It looks to me that he was paying her for sex and something went wrong (he tried to put it in her butt) and she took him to the cleaners.

They settled out of court because prostitution is a crime that neither wanted to deal with.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you do sound irritated:laugh3:

Probably not irritated at all.
The entire premise is stupid because you are comparing apples to oranges.

Shaq dominated in certain areas like no other center.

James is showing he can dominate in many different ways, just not as 7' 300+ lb center, because he isn't one.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not irritated at all.
The entire premise is stupid because you are comparing apples to oranges.

Shaq dominated in certain areas like no other center.

James is showing he can dominate in many different ways, just not as 7' 300+ lb center, because he isn't one.

How does a person say he is probably not irritated?

Lebron has one hell of a work ethic that Shaq never had and for that reason he will pass Shaq up in greatness

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may not be a fan of LeBron but he never yelled "pay me" at either one of his owners during a preseason game. Shaq was on his way out the door regardless of Kobe, Shaq was no longer worth 30 million.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt...Shaq's prime when he dominated and score upwards to 35 ppg grabbing 15-16 reb a game blocking 2-3 shots a game in the finals every year will never be matched

Lebron may be the better all around player and may have more of an affect in attributing to other player's success...but Shaq was just an anchor that carried those championship teams.