• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaq Was Better Then Lebron In His Prime

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again this depends on criteria and situation. If you ask me who is a more skilled player or better I am taking LBJ, 4 MVPs do not lie.

In a one on one game I am taking Shaq. If we are talking who was a more dominant in game player Shaq, but LBJ is more dominant for his position and physical limitations.

Once again comparing these 2 players brings more questions than answers.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant could easily be seen as more valuable, the Heat are stacked.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant could easily be seen as more valuable, the Heat are stacked.

Obviously, but we were talking about the best player. I agree that the Heat is more stacked - that's why they have more championships. If the Thunder had not given up Harden and Tyson Chandler though over the last few years - they too would have been stacked. Durant will never win a championship in Oklahoma because the Thunder is not willing to over-spend to get it done.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, but we were talking about the best player. I agree that the Heat is more stacked - that's why they have more championships. If the Thunder had not given up Harden and Tyson Chandler though over the last few years - they too would have been stacked. Durant will never win a championship in Oklahoma because the Thunder is not willing to over-spend to get it done.

You are talking about best player, Bot said MVP's end all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTSLAYER View Post
I guess this depends on your definition of GOAT.

If it is the most dominant in their prime your list should be all centers...if it is the most skilled then probably a 1 or 2.

Player who does the best at the most positions and you have LBJ/end list.

If it is credentials then it is Russell/MJ/Kareem.
Not even going to mention Magic Johnson....

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say they end all but they when you win multiple it shows that you are more dominant over the competition than some one who did not.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams are potential 1 seeds, you take their stars out (LeBron, Durant) and one team is a lot better than the other. My point is MVP is a popularity contest, and LeBron in Miami should be a lot more popular than Durant in OKC.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams are potential 1 seeds, you take their stars out (LeBron, Durant) and one team is a lot better than the other. My point is MVP is a popularity contest, and LeBron in Miami should be a lot more popular than Durant in OKC.

LBJ is also miles ahead of Durant in skill. Scoring no, but passing, Bball IQ and defense along with versatility, LBJ has it all.

Wilt=Jordan+Le Bron+Shaq:agree::clap::rollseyes:

FIFY :10:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When did they have Tyson Chandler?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah if you are going to compare them based upon what they can do from 4 feet and in. not even close on any other level.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are very right it is a popularity contest. Just like defensive player of the year too

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why does everything have to be about everyone hating on Lebron and the heat? Saying, this, this and this guy is better than Lebron? It's like OK we get it you hate Lebron. I don't hate the heat at all though.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously I rather have Lebron over Shaq because he can a lot more things than Shaq cant do

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron does not have the body and power that Shaq had and furthermore Shaq was kind of lazy, but Lebron has to get it done in different ways. One way is finesse and free throws, passing, and boxing out players and simply being smart

You're talking about FT's...really?? The lazy fuck never shot over what 55%.

Lebron is gradually improving FT's and will spend the offseason improving just like his post game. Passing?? His passing is as good as a good PG. He rebounds very well, 8 rebounds a game even though he handles the ball most of the time. One thing I know Lebron has way more work ethic than Shaq did in his whole career. And Lebron has one of the highest baseketball IQ's in the league, yeah he makes some bad decisions but as often as he has the ball, wbat do you want him to be perfect.

Shaq could of been even better, Lebron is improving every year and working to his fullest to get better. Work ethic is a very important quality for athletes, it is at times better than raw ability or talent. Lebron has both, that's he is great at every facet of the game, except FT's which he will improve.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about FT's...really?? The lazy fuck never shot over what 55%.

Lebron is gradually improving FT's and will spend the offseason improving just like his post game. Passing?? His passing is as good as a good PG. He rebounds very well, 8 rebounds a game even though he handles the ball most of the time. One thing I know Lebron has way more work ethic than Shaq did in his whole career. And Lebron has one of the highest baseketball IQ's in the league, yeah he makes some bad decisions but as often as he has the ball, wbat do you want him to be perfect.

Shaq could of been even better, Lebron is improving every year and working to his fullest to get better. Work ethic is a very important quality for athletes, it is at times better than raw ability or talent. Lebron has both, that's he is great at every facet of the game, except FT's which he will improve.

With that being said hes still a solid ft shooter. Also it will be interesting to see if he can keep up the 3pt shooting he had last year

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq is the most dominant C of his generation. If Shaq had shot 75-80% from the FT line, he'd be in my top 5 ever.

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will never be the dominating player that Shaq could be. Shaq took a lot of hard fouls consistently where Lebron bitches and whines about fouls only half as bad. Sorry Heat Chuckles - But Shaq was better:lol:

The word you want is "than". We've gone over this before. And LeBron is the most dominant player today. Two different positions, mongo. Your stupidity and lack of grammar skills are perfect matches for your asinine "bait" threads. Doosher

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why does everything have to be about everyone hating on Lebron and the heat? Saying, this, this and this guy is better than Lebron? It's like OK we get it you hate Lebron. I don't hate the heat at all though.

Because he's attempting to get a rise out of Heat fans. Lebron is obviously a better all around player than Shaq while Shaq is the most dominant player I ever seen play. This thread is pointless