• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaq Was Better Then Lebron In His Prime

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may not be a fan of LeBron but he never yelled "pay me" at either one of his owners during a preseason game. Shaq was on his way out the door regardless of Kobe, Shaq was no longer worth 30 million.

NO PLAYER HAS EVER BEEN WORTH 30 MILLION

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may not be a fan of LeBron but he never yelled "pay me" at either one of his owners during a preseason game. Shaq was on his way out the door regardless of Kobe, Shaq was no longer worth 30 million.

On the other hand, Shaq doesn't call himself the King and didn't call press conferences just to get attention and Shaq didn't give up in the final quarter like Lebron did either. :laugh3:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If by you mean that nobody personally needs or is that much better than another person...no. No player or person is worth $30 million.

But if you are referring to how much money a player makes for an organization then the players are worth far more than $30m. It is the owners and management who are not close to worth their paychecks.

The entire industry as a whole makes far more money than it should.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by you mean that nobody personally needs or is that much better than another person...no. No player or person is worth $30 million.

But if you are referring to how much money a player makes for an organization then the players are worth far more than $30m. It is the owners and management who are not close to worth their paychecks.

If the industry is making that much money, then why shouldn't it? Don't begrudge success.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

really? because between jersey sales, concessions, tickets, playoff games.. one player can easily add way more than 30 million to a team's bottom line.

economics 101.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i completely disagree. teams make the amount they should. we as fans pay for those tickets, beers, parking passes. we buy the jerseys or shirts. we watch the games and contribute to ESPN marketing money. it's the free market in its purest anti-trust exemption form. real easy way to stop the teams from making this money.. have fans stop going or watching. dont count me in on that idea though.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the industry is making that much money, then why shouldn't it? Don't begrudge success.

i completely disagree. teams make the amount they should. we as fans pay for those tickets, beers, parking passes. we buy the jerseys or shirts. we watch the games and contribute to ESPN marketing money. it's the free market in its purest anti-trust exemption form. real easy way to stop the teams from making this money.. have fans stop going or watching. dont count me in on that idea though.

I just think that doctors and teachers should probably make more in comparison to a business like the NBA.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think that doctors and teachers should probably make more in comparison to a business like the NBA.

It's entertainment. People would rather die from a lack of doctors than live without the entertainment that makes them forget that they will die.

I'm not speaking about only the NBA, but entertainment in general. "Entertainers" make a lot too.

Doctors aren't always in demand to the average man, entertainment is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

supply and demand. i have the qualifications to be a school teacher. i do not have the qualifications to be on an NBA court.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When speaking of what they contribute to society, you are right. In fact, the list of occupations that should pay more than an NBA player is far longer than those 2 that you mentioned.

And as soon as 17-20k people start paying to watch them, start buying the products they endorse, buying t-shirts with their name on them and being shown on t.v. they will make that kind of money!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will never be the dominating player that Shaq could be. Shaq took a lot of hard fouls consistently where Lebron bitches and whines about fouls only half as bad. Sorry Heat Chuckles - But Shaq was better:lol:

Lebron will go down, at worst, as the 2nd greatest PLAYER of all time. Shaq is borderline top 10. Nothing wrong with that, except your delusion

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because you are the employee and you are not the employer. What that means is that the employer is the one that invested his money into a business which might or might not turn a profit. The employer hires the employees to work for him or her or them and how they make a profit is really not the employee's concern. If you want to earn 30 million a year - then go start your own business and see how that works