• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shame on you Georgia/HC Richt

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game didn't used to be played with a forward pass once upon a time either.

Ok, I get your point that the game has evolved. It's evolved to a faster game now, but also one that favors the offense. Is that what we want? Is that good? Why let the O dictate the speed of the game. And if they do, why complain when the D does something to take back a little control? I don't like fake injuries, but I am not sure that I like the O controlling all aspects of the game.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I take your shit does that mean I have my big boy pants on. Funny how you can say the same shit but it's ok when you say it. You talk more Oregon crap than anyone , well never mind, everyone of y'all do. It's a tie!!! You brag on Oregon everything is cool. I brag on Bama and I'm an arrogant asshole. So then I slip in a pretty damn important fact that we've won 3 of the last 4 NC's while y'all have nada but you then make light of the very thing you hold so precious. Wonder what comments are next?

Here's a comment. No one likes you here. Why would you want to continue posting when no one wants to read your posts? I don't even think the bama fans take you forreal. Go find a forum for sufferers of learning disabilities. You would probably like it more there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where I come down on this, but I'll use your post to throw out some thoughts and ideas.

1. You state that the HUNH offense is designed to keep the other team from being able to do something they want to do. Why should the offense get to dictate that? Shouldn't we want the best offense to line up against the best defense? Instead, the HUNH offense uses the rules as they stand to dictate what the defense can do. Is that fair? Is it good for college football?

The whole point of the game is one side dictating to the other and preventing the opponent from doing what they want to do. When defenses start using different schemes to prevent offenses from doing what they want to do, it's up to the offense to figure out a way to beat it. Some offenses have now come up with a way to put the defense at a disadvantage. It is now up to the defenses to figure out how to stop it, which they eventually will. So yes, it's good for football. It keeps the game fresh.

2. Why shouldn't D coaches be able to manipulate the rules? Aren't the O coaches manipulating the rules to their favor? Most of the teams run up to the line, not ready to run a play ... they then turn around and get the signal from the bench. The only reason they run up to the line is to keep the D from getting a sub in. Perhaps a rule that says you can't take signals from the bench after you get to the line ... that'd put an end to the HUNH offense in most instances.

No rules are being manipulated by the offense. They are simply choosing to speed up the tempo. Their is no rule that states at what pace the game must be played at. Faking injuries, however, is a clear manipulation of the rules because the game is only supposed to be stopped on a real injury.

3. I am not sure I buy the whole blue blood advantage thing. Sure, Bama is on a run right now, but they sucked for a long time, and may do so again when Saban leaves (or before then). All schools operate the under the same recruiting rules. Why emphasize offense over defense by giving them the ability to dictate the game.

What makes a "blue blood" a "blue blood" is the fact that they don't stay down. 'Bama will eventually be down again, but they will also be back up. Schools like Oregon (for example) have never been up before and they have found a way to compete with the "blue bloods". When Oregon eventually goes down again, there is no certainty that they will ever be back up like their is with the traditional powers.

4. Why should the refs have to hurry for the O? They should proceed at the pace that ensures the game is correctly officiated and if that slows down the O, so be it.

I'm still thinking this through, but I can't help but think we are better off with some rule that allows the O to move more quickly, but also gives the D some latitude to make substitutions.

Who says they have to hurry up? Also, if the offense isn't substituting and the defense isn't substituting, seems like a pretty level playing field.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I get your point that the game has evolved. It's evolved to a faster game now, but also one that favors the offense. Is that what we want? Is that good? Why let the O dictate the speed of the game. And if they do, why complain when the D does something to take back a little control? I don't like fake injuries, but I am not sure that I like the O controlling all aspects of the game.

The funny thing is, the only fans I hear complaining about this and doing this is SEC teams. If other teams had an issue with this we'd be hearing about it. Instead it just comes across as one sided whining.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo Romeo how art thou Mamba?

You're ignorance is astounding. Don't quote Shakespeare to try to get a dig in if you can't even quote it properly. :L

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, the only fans I hear complaining about this and doing this is SEC teams. If other teams had an issue with this we'd be hearing about it. Instead it just comes across as one sided whining.

you mean the teams that are winning and don't need to do it? :nod:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with the bold is that usually means you must drop weight to be able to keep that conditioning up. In most conferences that will not fly because they play "old school" football so to speak. Not a lot of spread offense or hurry up either. SO when you condition many DL guys especially to that extent it removes the size that they are looking for. Most spread offenses do not run plays like Oregon or Clemson. It is the amount of time that is not given for the defense to substitute. Make a rule that suffices both sides, but will not slow down the up tempo offenses every down.

If they are dropping weight, then they are dropping fat. Fat doesn't make you stronger. Additionally, did you miss Mamba's post about the size of Oregon's lines?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh oh I'm going to get in trouble now because I wrote a post that disagreed with him! They will all swarm and attack now!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't need to do it? They are doing it!! They're the only ones faking injuries you stupid fuck! :L

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are dropping weight, then they are dropping fat. Fat doesn't make you stronger. Additionally, did you miss Mamba's post about the size of Oregon's lines?

the fact is that it takes away from the strength of recruiting, depth, talent and coaching. It has also been said by the same people defending it they need to do it to compete. Cardio is one small part of it!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't need to do it? They are doing it!! They're the only ones faking injuries you stupid fuck! :L

don't need to run the nhhu you dumb fuck; not fake injuries. Like I said learn to read before you get so critical!

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where I come down on this, but I'll use your post to throw out some thoughts and ideas.

1. You state that the HUNH offense is designed to keep the other team from being able to do something they want to do. Why should the offense get to dictate that? Shouldn't we want the best offense to line up against the best defense? Instead, the HUNH offense uses the rules as they stand to dictate what the defense can do. Is that fair? Is it good for college football?

2. Why shouldn't D coaches be able to manipulate the rules? Aren't the O coaches manipulating the rules to their favor? Most of the teams run up to the line, not ready to run a play ... they then turn around and get the signal from the bench. The only reason they run up to the line is to keep the D from getting a sub in. Perhaps a rule that says you can't take signals from the bench after you get to the line ... that'd put an end to the HUNH offense in most instances.

3. I am not sure I buy the whole blue blood advantage thing. Sure, Bama is on a run right now, but they sucked for a long time, and may do so again when Saban leaves (or before then). All schools operate the under the same recruiting rules. Why emphasize offense over defense by giving them the ability to dictate the game.

4. Why should the refs have to hurry for the O? They should proceed at the pace that ensures the game is correctly officiated and if that slows down the O, so be it.

I'm still thinking this through, but I can't help but think we are better off with some rule that allows the O to move more quickly, but also gives the D some latitude to make substitutions.

1. Fair? Probably not, just like it isn't fair to eject a player if he unintentionally hits a player in the head
(bs rule). Good for the game? I think so in the sense that it levels the field in a way for let's say San Jose St(I don't think they run it, just an example) vs Florida. The offense dictates the pace, it is the way it is. The same could be said for pretty much every sport I can think of but baseball. If the offense shouldn't be able to snap the ball when they please then adjust the play clock and say you can't snap it between 24 and 20 seconds on the play clock. On the flip side there could be bitching about teams running the clock down to 1 before snapping. Just causes too many problems as to what a coach can or can't do to change it.

2. I don't see a problem with manipulation of the rules per se, but to overtly make a mockery of them time and time again for extra timeouts is another. If a defense can have as many timeouts as they want due to cramping or whatever, why not just give each team unlimited timeouts? A team has ample time to run out subs while the offense is staring at the sideline. If they have a huge play busted on them while they're subbing that is the risk they take, but I wouldn't mind a rule change of some sort allowing subs every now and then if the game clock isn't significantly affected.

3. I'm not sure I have an answer for this, if I think of something I'll come back with an answer.

4. I would have no problem with the refs slowing the game down, especially after first downs when the clock stops anyways until the ball is placed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact is that it takes away from the strength of recruiting, depth, talent and coaching. It has also been said by the same people defending it they need to do it to compete. Cardio is one small part of it!

Wow, talk about grasping at straws. Please explain how getting your defense well-conditioned enough to keep with the pace of any offense takes away from recruiting, depth, talent and coaching!!

This should be good!! :pop2:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you really hear me complaining or whining? I clearly stated I am working through this and asked some questions. I appreciated the responses I've gotten. Yours isn't very helpful. It's a shame that some people always think this forum is always us against them and we have call each other names.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't need to run the nhhu you dumb fuck; not fake injuries. Like I said learn to read before you get so critical!

The post you quoted was specifically about SEC teams being the only teams faking injuries and whining about hurry up offenses moron. Combine that with your misquoting of Shakespeare in an attempt to sound clever and smart and you have officially become the dumbest poster on this board.

Wanna know how we now not even bama fans like you? None of them are jumping to your defense, and there's plenty on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really hear me complaining or whining? I clearly stated I am working through this and asked some questions. I appreciated the responses I've gotten. Yours isn't very helpful. It's a shame that some people always think this forum is always us against them and we have call each other names.

Did I reference you specifically? No I did not.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Fair? Probably not, just like it isn't fair to eject a player if he unintentionally hits a player in the head
(bs rule). Good for the game? I think so in the sense that it levels the field in a way for let's say San Jose St(I don't think they run it, just an example) vs Florida. The offense dictates the pace, it is the way it is. The same could be said for pretty much every sport I can think of but baseball. If the offense shouldn't be able to snap the ball when they please then adjust the play clock and say you can't snap it between 24 and 20 seconds on the play clock. On the flip side there could be bitching about teams running the clock down to 1 before snapping. Just causes too many problems as to what a coach can or can't do to change it.

2. I don't see a problem with manipulation of the rules per se, but to overtly make a mockery of them time and time again for extra timeouts is another. If a defense can have as many timeouts as they want due to cramping or whatever, why not just give each team unlimited timeouts? A team has ample time to run out subs while the offense is staring at the sideline. If they have a huge play busted on them while they're subbing that is the risk they take, but I wouldn't mind a rule change of some sort allowing subs every now and then if the game clock isn't significantly affected.

3. I'm not sure I have an answer for this, if I think of something I'll come back with an answer.

4. I would have no problem with the refs slowing the game down, especially after first downs when the clock stops anyways until the ball is placed.

I commend you for your posts! You have stuck to the subject of the thread and was respectful to both sides of the argument. It won't mean much to some in here coming from me but I appreciate your posts. Usually the one's against it just act like your a fool if you disagree with them. Keep it up! :clap:

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, talk about grasping at straws. Please explain how getting your defense well-conditioned enough to keep with the pace of any offense takes away from recruiting, depth, talent and coaching!!

This should be good!! :pop2:

WRAWL DAYUM TODD THATS WHY!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post you quoted was specifically about SEC teams being the only teams faking injuries and whining about hurry up offenses moron. Combine that with your misquoting of Shakespeare in an attempt to sound clevel and smart and you have officially become the dumbest poster on this board.

Wanna know how we now not even bama fans like you? None of them are jumping to your defense, and there's plenty on here.

no there's not. Get a clue, many are just staying out of it. They probably think it is as stupid as I do but when it's one against many I love it!!! :yahoo: