• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shame on you Georgia/HC Richt

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I said it was that he turned around. If he is hurt and the coach says they will come get him, which I don't remember them caring him off but that another issue, why turn back around and go towards the ball. If he is so hurt why not just go down and not turn around and come back towards the ball/refs.

Let's agree to disagree. Trying to determine what was going on in 5 seconds of video and a hurt players mind seems kind of futile.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has gone on about 8 pages too long. Georgia fans should be focusing their energy and attention on the severe ass-whomping that is eminent.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's agree to disagree. Trying to determine what was going on in 5 seconds of video and a hurt players mind seems kind of futile.
All we are doing is speculating. Nobody really know, he could have set that up or it could have been real injury. As with everything on these boards opinion.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we are doing is speculating. Nobody really know, he could have set that up or it could have been real injury. As with everything on these boards opinion.

Agreed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, I said it was that he turned around. If he is hurt and the coach says they will come get him, which I don't remember them caring him off but that another issue, why turn back around and go towards the ball. If he is so hurt why not just go down and not turn around and come back towards the ball/refs.

There is no doubt he fell down to cause a stop. But that doesn't mean he wasn't injured. If a player is injured and tries to run off the field, then the other team can just hike the ball and screw the defense over.

In that manner, that is just something up tempo offenses are just gonna have to accept. Because injured players should be able to get off the field as needed without getting screwed over for it.

If it's a fake injury, then it's lame and there is no excuse for it.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be a coach! I guess all those other coaches going against Alabama and the SEC in the NC game aren't smart enough to figure that out because most those games have been complete blow outs in SEC favor. They should read this! :nod:

Hey Bama Tool, how do you think LSU beat Bama with Jordan Jefferson at QB. I'm not saying it was some big secret that when you get the big heavies from Bama tired you can beat them. Coaches all the time try to do it if they have the athletes to do it that is.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, we know this ... the last two decent SEC teams that Oregon played had no problem controlling the Oregon speed. I believe that Auburn in the NC and then LSU the following year kept them to well below their average yards and points. And the Auburn D that year wasn't exactly the best D in the world. I am confident that with the players the top tier of the SEC gets, they will be able to adjust.

Just saying that is one strategy to compete with the SEC versus trying to use the hurry up. Even though both of those games you mentioned were very close. I think Auburn won by 3 and LSU maybe 10 with a garbage time TD late.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying that is one strategy to compete with the SEC versus trying to use the hurry up. Even though both of those games you mentioned were very close. I think Auburn won by 3 and LSU maybe 10 with a garbage time TD late.

It isn't whether the games were close, or how many points the SEC team scored. It is that both teams held Oregon to below their average in all offense stats. Agreed that it is a strategy, but in the two highest profile games thus far, it is a strategy that didn't work.

I happen to agree it is here to stay. And, that the SEC defenses better start preparing and recruiting for it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Sarkisian on faking injuries:

"You won't see it from us. You mess with the football gods, it'll come back to bite you."