• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serena shows the world her true colors

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, there's a history there.

serena got angry about the coaching warning, but they came to an understanding and moved on. serena then won the next 3 games, going up 3-1. then when serena lost three straight going down 4-3, it became an issue again.
Serena can have a very weak mental game sometimes. She loses her shit more often than I think she should for a player of her caliper...definitely one of her cons.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not blind. He has to see before applying the violation. When she saw her remove the shirt he had eyes to see there were bra and no breast was exposed! No, the umpire had the chance to let go or give a "soft warning" to the coach about the coaching that the player might not even notice.
the umpire is paid the enforce the rules.

the coaching violation was a simple warning. most players know warnings are cumulative, though.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you have been here long enough to know better.
Well, he does respond to someone quoting you as if it was his quote.

Never mind. It is complicated...

So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...
giphy.gif

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the wta is backing her this morning. they've always coddled serena.

US Open 2018: Serena Williams' claims of sexism backed by WTA

i doubt serena is concerned about #1 as much as winning more slams, and equaling cljisters defeat of her after having a child.

serena just does not take losing well. getting dominated is an unfamiliar role for her.

Come on. She has been beaten badly or dominated many times by Justine Henin and others without any incidents. Save for the other two incidents with Clijsters in USO Serena has been a model of self restraint over the years even though some outrageous rulings have gone against her.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

If the chair had just let them play, this would have never happened. He inputted himself in the match in a way he should not have and it now puts an asterisk next to Osuka's name i nthe record books.

Only saw the highlights, but regardless, there is a way to lose as professional.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw the highlights, but regardless, there is a way to lose as professional.
had the chair not involved himself, she very well could have lost as a professional.

Instead he broke up her mental game and ruined what could have been a very good match had it been taken to a 3rd set.

I think the umpire cheated us.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena can have a very weak mental game sometimes. She loses her shit more often than I think she should for a player of her caliper...definitely one of her cons.

i've always thought of her mentality as that of kind of a bully's. she's an intimidator, but when someone brings their A game, plays unafraid, and pushes serena, she can break down mentally.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. She has been beaten badly or dominated many times by Justine Henin and others without any incidents. Save for the other two incidents with Clijsters in USO Serena has been a model of self restraint over the years even though some outrageous rulings have gone against her.

when serena loses she has long history of complaining, making excuses, and not crediting her opponent. she doesn't melt down during every loss but its happened before.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've always thought of her mentality as that of kind of a bully's. she's an intimidator, but when someone brings their A game, plays unafraid, and pushes serena, she can break down mentally.
that sort of thing can break anyone down. Everyone has their weaknesses. Serena does go into a match as the Alpha, and usually she is. It's kind of how she became the best. There aren't many who can go into a match with her who consider themselves the favorite.

All anyone can do is hope they outplay her, like Osuka was. It was a battle and Serena was working her ass off to force a 3rd set...until the chair fucked her up. After that, she couldn't get out of her own head.

Tennis is just weird like that. It's just you out there and it is very easy to get caught in that sort of thing.

She felt he attacked her character by calling her a cheater...which it seems the WTA has been calling her with these drug tests.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In her prime that was the game plan, but hard to execute. When her 1st serve was on, she was basically unbeatable. Serena is losing some of her edge/game...normal stuff at her age.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that sort of thing can break anyone down. Everyone has their weaknesses. Serena does go into a match as the Alpha, and usually she is. It's kind of how she became the best. There aren't many who can go into a match with her who consider themselves the favorite.

All anyone can do is hope they outplay her, like Osuka was. It was a battle and Serena was working her ass off to force a 3rd set...until the chair fucked her up. After that, she couldn't get out of her own head.

Tennis is just weird like that. It's just you out there and it is very easy to get caught in that sort of thing.

She felt he attacked her character by calling her a cheater...which it seems the WTA has been calling her with these drug tests.

amazing how many things can bother a player when they are losing. lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had the chair not involved himself, she very well could have lost as a professional.

Instead he broke up her mental game and ruined what could have been a very good match had it been taken to a 3rd set.

I think the umpire cheated us.

Wish I had seen the entire match.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you know how many times she has been down and come back? It is her game that intimidates others. It is not that she is a bully even though as a strong black woman she comes across as such. But if you have been following tennis you would know that Justine Henin was a petite woman player who would disagree with you.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amazing how many things can bother a player when they are losing. lol
a tennis match ain't over until it's over. There's no clock telling anyone it is over.

Who's to say Serena wasn't going to force a 3rd set?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletes aren't role models.

When we make them role models then it allows us to stay stupid things when they act human. Athletes are there to win and maybe shake hands afterwards.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletes aren't role models.

When we make them role models then it allows us to stay stupid things when they act human. Athletes are there to win and maybe shake hands afterwards.
disagree about them not being role models. They most certainly can be role models.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add her to the list of the sniveling younger generation that cannot accept losing results.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In her prime that was the game plan, but hard to execute. When her 1st serve was on, she was basically unbeatable. Serena is losing some of her edge/game...normal stuff at her age.

henin had a lot of success against serena.

serena is 37, with child, and overweight. serena going through the draw like she did is kind of an embarrassment to womens tennis.