• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serena shows the world her true colors

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unless you find a way to shell out well over 100K a year to get to that level then you wouldn't have to worry about it. I remember when they were asking Jim Courier about Anna Kournikova about making so much money with no results. He said that if he could make the money she did without having to put in the work that he did for success he would have done the same thing. One of the big reasons these top players have the emotional IQ of 12 year old's is because that's probably the point in time that they stopped interacting with people of their own age. After that it was camps, private schools, coaches, travelling, ...

Again, I am not disagreeing with the things you are describing, aside from the behavior. But they chose this path warts and all.

Is she the first or worst with this behavior? I wouldn't say that. My issue is with all those are are praising her for this behavior.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I am not disagreeing with the things you are describing, aside from the behavior. But they chose this path warts and all.

Is she the first or worst with this behavior? I wouldn't say that. My issue is with all those are are praising her for this behavior.

No, I won't argue that display doesn't stand out. And it's not the first time it happened either. But you don't win as many majors as she has by worrying about perceptions. I blame the enablers more than anybody else. She is who she is and she's a cutthroat out there. Painting her up to be anything different is what the problem is.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by enablers I mean the sponsors and networks who's she's made a mint for.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JdP came to play

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you may be correct. Perhaps this thread could be directed more at the likes of Billie Jean King and others who are celebrating this behavior and calling her a hero
People with agendas frighten me!!

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the middle of her rant I thought she was going to take the time to burn her bra.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena's the GOAT female tennis player ever but some of her behaviors, like we saw last night, really make her look bad and take away from her legacy.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yeah!! Shameless display of an unsportsmanlike behavior. One can never tell she has won 23 slams. Only hardware but no grace to her legacy. This rivals the tantrum Hingis threw against Steffi in the 1999 FO final. And this is by far not the only one Miss Fatty has shown when losing. The match against Clijsters where she lost ( not surprisingly) also has to go down the history as one of the worst sportsmanship behaviors of all time physically threatening to kill the linesman.

She is so insecure about her own personality that she goes on the defensive and calls the umpire a thief. Zero class.

Isn't it amazing that racists are having a banner day with this. You have called Serena over the years with some of the most vile epithets any person can come up with. It is not surprising that you are leading this nonsensical crap on this forum with the usual diatribe you and your kind have been spewing over the years considering the fact that she is the greatest that ever played. Regardless of what you and others claim she transcends tennis and haters like you can't lay a finger on her. Heheheheeeee.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely insane to me that people are actually praising her. It reminded me of when Reece Witherspoon got a dui and played the “do you know who I am” card. She belittled a ref to feed her ego when she was clearly wrong. She should be offering him an apology today. Instead it will spun and set a perfect example of what is wrong with this country. everything is politically motivated today.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely insane to me that people are actually praising her. It reminded me of when Reece Witherspoon got a dui and played the “do you know who I am” card. She belittled a ref to feed her ego when she was clearly wrong. She should be offering him an apology today. Instead it will spun and set a perfect example of what is wrong with this country. everything is politically motivated today.
Yes!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both sides were wrong

the chair ump should not have chosen that time to make an example of someone. Coaches are constantly making hand signals and trying to coach and that kind of shit is never called. If the US Open wanted to crack down on it, the women's final was a terrible time to start doing it, especially in the very crucial point in the match. That's shitty.

and yea, Serena lost her shit and she shouldn't have. That was unfortunate.

and I am very disappointed in the fans booing during the award ceremony. US fans are trash.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it amazing that racists are having a banner day with this. You have called Serena over the years with some of the most vile epithets any person can come up with. It is not surprising that you are leading this nonsensical crap on this forum with the usual diatribe you and your kind have been spewing over the years considering the fact that she is the greatest that ever played. Regardless of what you and others claim she transcends tennis and haters like you can't lay a finger on her. Heheheheeeee.

Bad decision by the umpire. Worse one by Serena.

Not sure why you think race has to do with anything. Maybe it just matters to you.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both sides were wrong

the chair ump should not have chosen that time to make an example of someone. Coaches are constantly making hand signals and trying to coach and that kind of shit is never called. If the US Open wanted to crack down on it, the women's final was a terrible time to start doing it, especially in the very crucial point in the match. That's shitty.

and yea, Serena lost her shit and she shouldn't have. That was unfortunate.

and I am very disappointed in the fans booing during the award ceremony. US fans are trash.

it does get called, although not frequently. regardless it was just a warning. serena going down 4-3 had more to do with her meltdown than a warning she got 6 games prior.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

meh, she's female, a minority, and american. she's beyond criticism by the establishment.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad decision by the umpire. Worse one by Serena.

Not sure why you think race has to do with anything. Maybe it just matters to you.
Nowhere Did I say anything about race. Apparently it matters to you.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena's the GOAT female tennis player ever but some of her behaviors, like we saw last night, really make her look bad and take away from her legacy.
statistically, i'd take graf, head to head justine henin fair pretty well against serena.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this isn't exactly new behavior from Serena, but it appears to have gone farther than it ever has in the past. (I can't recall the last time I ever heard of a player being penalized a game)

Sucks for Osaka to have her moment tarnished, but nothing will change for Serena. She will win other matches, including more slams, and she will continue to behave poorly when she loses.