• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serena shows the world her true colors

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the wta is backing her this morning. they've always coddled serena.

US Open 2018: Serena Williams' claims of sexism backed by WTA

i doubt serena is concerned about #1 as much as winning more slams, and equaling cljisters defeat of her after having a child.

serena just does not take losing well. getting dominated is an unfamiliar role for her.

Are you serious? Even a lot of male tennis players have come to her defense that it was extraordinary to take a game for violations that are rarely called. Andy said as much.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the so-called experienced umpire does not become the story and go on an ego trip himself by applying code violations rarely applied in major championships this whole thing would not have happened. Players are allowed to play and coaches are seen openly coaching with hand signals and even "eat your banana."
Make it not about yourself but the game. This all Serena meltdown nonsense is just that. Why do you think men are allowed to change their shirts on the court but women are not allowed? Djokovic has been practically half- naked. This is complete nonsense.
People who are condemning Serena are doing more than what actually happened.

i think the rule against women changing their shirt is fairly obvious. it has something to do with public decency. women are not allowed to go shirtless in public either.

many rules are enforced leniently, but they are rules nonetheless, and coaching has been called many times.

the coaching violation had nothing to do with the outcome. serena went up 3-1 after the warning.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Even a lot of male tennis players have come to her defense that it was extraordinary to take a game for violations that are rarely called. Andy said as much.

from what i've seen most people think the umpire acted appropriately, and serena acted badly. her coach admitted to coaching.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the rule against women changing their shirt is fairly obvious. it has something to do with public decency. women are not allowed to go shirtless in public either.

many rules are enforced leniently, but they are rules nonetheless, and coaching has been called many times.

the coaching violation had nothing to do with the outcome. serena went up 3-1 after the warning.

Fairly obvious? She was wearing a bra for crying out loud. Which part of her nipples was exposed? I was not talking about outcomes. I was talking about the unpire creating the environment instead of diffusing it.

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what i've seen most people think the umpire acted appropriately, and serena acted badly. her coach admitted to coaching.
is there any video of the "coaching"?

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly obvious? She was wearing a bra for crying out loud. Which part of her nipples was exposed? I was not talking about outcomes. I was talking about the unpire creating the environment instead of diffusing it.

how is the chair suppose to know whats she's wearing underneath her shirt? if they want the rule changed, there's a process for doing that.

serena created the environment. her box broke the rules.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most people? No, he didn't in a game where much of officiating is discretionary. He made it about himself. Did you watch what Novak Djokovic, a player who knows the game and has been involved said? It is opposite what you and others in the forum are claiming.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the penalty for turning her shirt around was stupid.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She'll get away with it because she's black. Let's just be honest. If it was a white person they'd probably be summoned for a public stoning.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people? No, he didn't in a game where much of officiating is discretionary. He made it about himself. Did you watch what Novak Djokovic, a player who knows the game and has been involved said? It is opposite what you and others in the forum are claiming.
joker is a player, not an official.

serena made her losing about sexism. excuses, excuses.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She'll get away with it because she's black. Let's just be honest. If it was a white person they'd probably be summoned for a public stoning.

she isn't getting away with anything. She was penalized and was fined. They aren't going to suspend her or anything because that's not their thing.

The chair also will not be penalized further.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
joker is a player, not an official.

serena made her losing about sexism. excuses, excuses.
she does tend to do that. I remember when I was not a fan of her and she made excuses instead of giving her opponent credit for playing a better match. I hated that about her.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is the chair suppose to know whats she's wearing underneath her shirt? if they want the rule changed, there's a process for doing that.

serena created the environment. her box broke the rules.

He is not blind. He has to see before applying the violation. When she saw her remove the shirt he had eyes to see there were bra and no breast was exposed! No, the umpire had the chance to let go or give a "soft warning" to the coach about the coaching that the player might not even notice.

Reactions: ill

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you may be correct. Perhaps this thread could be directed more at the likes of Billie Jean King and others who are celebrating this behavior and calling her a hero

When you've been nothing but a winner your whole career and now at 37 or whatever, Serena's run of dominance is over. That can be tough to handle.

No doubt she should be called out. but the OP seems to be trying to tear down an incredible career over this which I don't think is warranted.

Bottomline...Serena was beaten and she took the young lady's crowning achievement and made it her moment to vent...that's sad, should be embarrassing.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

she isn't getting away with anything. She was penalized and was fined. They aren't going to suspend her or anything because that's not their thing.

The chair also will not be penalized further.

I mean 'her legacy' that someone else mentioned. Someone was saying her reputation would be tarnished by this, but I'm saying no way.

She's got a vagina which is another thing going for her. She already said it was sexist. Everyone will just feel sympathy for her. And it was a typical 'white man' keeping her down...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean 'her legacy' that someone else mentioned. Someone was saying her reputation would be tarnished by this, but I'm saying no way.

She's got a vagina which is another thing going for her. She already said it was sexist. Everyone will just feel sympathy for her. And it was a typical 'white man' keeping her down...
Serena already has a reputation that works against her. We have all known for years how competitive she is and how that can make her into the bad guy. This is nothing new and it certainly will work against her legacy.

but regardless, she is still the best tennis player of this generation...even if she can be an asshole sometimes.

After all, she is her father's daughter.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she does tend to do that. I remember when I was not a fan of her and she made excuses instead of giving her opponent credit for playing a better match. I hated that about her.

yes, there's a history there.

serena got angry about the coaching warning, but they came to an understanding and moved on. serena then won the next 3 games, going up 3-1. then when serena lost three straight going down 4-3, it became an issue again.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you've been nothing but a winner your whole career and now at 37 or whatever, Serena's run of dominance is over. That can be tough to handle.

No doubt she should be called out. but the OP seems to be trying to tear down an incredible career over this which I don't think is warranted.

Bottomline...Serena was beaten and she took the young lady's crowning achievement and made it her moment to vent...that's sad, should be embarrassing.
I disagree.

If the chair had just let them play, this would have never happened. He inputted himself in the match in a way he should not have and it now puts an asterisk next to Osuka's name i nthe record books.