• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serena shows the world her true colors

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.
you're right

there has never been a GOAT who didn't think their shit didn't stink.

but I don't think that about Serena. She earned her way to where she is and she continues to work her ass off to prove herself. I love her drive to win and I love that she hates losing that much more than he loves winning. I can relate.

but for the most part, I do believe both sides were wrong in this whole thing.

I think the chair perpetrated everything unnecessarily.

I think Serena needed to let to go and keep playing her game.

but too late for both those things.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitch should just shut up and play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe henin had edge in grand slam matches. hingis also had a competitive record.

its a shame henin and serena didn't play more times, given they were of the same era. unfortunately henin retired from tennis a couple of times, and has a long illness, while serena fell off the map for awhile when henin was dominant.

I don't follow tennis like I used to but I think Serena has one GS finals win over Henin...Justine probably has some GS match victories over Serena but I don't think she's ever beaten her h-t-h in a GS finals. I could be wrong on that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right

there has never been a GOAT who didn't think their shit didn't stink.

but I don't think that about Serena. She earned her way to where she is and she continues to work her ass off to prove herself. I love her drive to win and I love that she hates losing that much more than he loves winning. I can relate.

but for the most part, I do believe both sides were wrong in this whole thing.

I think the chair perpetrated everything unnecessarily.

I think Serena needed to let to go and keep playing her game.

but too late for both those things.
Serena is a poor example to young tennis players. She is classless.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably made an error in the quote but

Not when all these players agree there is double standards. When the same players agree they as male players get away with the same infraction how do you see it as excuses? Be real here.
I think you are imagining that I commented on this topic.

I did not.

I think Serena's behavior was embarrassing, but I am not surprised it happened.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow tennis like I used to but I think Serena has one GS finals win over Henin...Justine probably has some GS match victories over Serena but I don't think she's ever beaten her h-t-h in a GS finals. I could be wrong on that.

thats not how the draw works. they only played in one slam final. serena beat henin the 2011 ao final in 3 set sets, and that was justine's first tournament after coming out of retirement for a year or so.

in 2007, they played in 3 slams match, on 3 different surfaces, with henin winning all three.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally I agree. The ref should be seen but not heard. In this case, however, you cannot allow the player to dictate the rules. She lied when she said she wasn't watching her coach's instructions. Close ups of her showed her constantly glancing up quickly with her eyes to where her coach was trying to be slick about it. She got caught and IMO that was the reason for her extreme over-reaction. Guilty people do that all the time.

She was given several opportunities by the umpire to voice her opinion but she got personal and he correctly called her on it.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rodger federer who's 100x's the player serena is, is not overweight, and hasn't dominated for years. the last time he was yearend #1 was 2009, and now he skips the claycourt season.

there are some good players in the wta, but no great ones that typically come along once a decade or so.

the more talented women players have a history of being underachievers. they win a major, get rich, and then go into a shell, rather than striving to become #1. we'll see how osaka handles her new found fame.

But Roger has dominated before and you didn't claim the sorry state of men's tennis. Players have dominated before. That is a fact and has nothing to do with whether they were overweight or not. Serena has always been a little heavier than for example her sister Venus. That's the way she has been. To claim otherwise is to lose objectivity regarding how great this woman, Serena is, and your assertion is explained by something more than tennis.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these people who know nothing about tennis now want to act like they know or like tennis lmfao

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not how the draw works. they only played in one slam final. serena beat henin the 2011 ao final in 3 set sets, and that was justine's first tournament after coming out of retirement for a year or so.

in 2007, they played in 3 slams match, on 3 different surfaces, with henin winning all three.

Lol...thanks but I understand how the draw works. They have met a few times on the same side of the draw in some GS events and Henin was the player that moved on...To be honest I'm not sure what we're trying to establish....Henin was just as good? She was stout competition?

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ those clowns. the last time some criticized poor serena, evert was savagely attacked.

Players especially male players who have played the game and who believe they have gotten away with the same infraction have more currency than some anonymous person like you on a message board.
Oh, by the way do you know that at the 2004 USO between Serena and Jennifer Capriati you cited in your post no. 102 videos showed that the Chair umpire Maria Alves was wrong in all the four calls she made against Serena and that Serena was right in complaining? In fact the USTA had to call Serena and apologize. That was 14 years ago.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how long I have been involved in Tennis, I can assure you that Carlos has used discretion in certain situations like time against Nadal where Nadal castigated him and threatened him that he would never officiate his match. We are talking about coaching where it is rarely applied.
Her coach even admitted to breaking the rule. Also, this first infraction didn't cost her. It was the 2 following that did.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her coach even admitted to breaking the rule. Also, this first infraction didn't cost her. It was the 2 following that did.

No it is cumulative or added up to 3 that cost her a game. If the first infraction had not been called since it is rarely called, this whole thing would not have happened.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition, her coach knows it is rarely called and added Serena does not even follow that or looked his way. He knows because how many times did Serena even go to the net?

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Roger has dominated before and you didn't claim the sorry state of men's tennis. Players have dominated before. That is a fact and has nothing to do with whether they were overweight or not. Serena has always been a little heavier than for example her sister Venus. That's the way she has been. To claim otherwise is to lose objectivity regarding how great this woman, Serena is, and your assertion is explained by something more than tennis.

were talking about a 37 year old overweight serena, with child, waltzing through slam draws, until the final.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it is cumulative or added up to 3 that cost her a game. If the first infraction had not been called since it is rarely called, this whole thing would not have happened.
If she would have kept her temper, knowing that she already had an infraction, it would not have mattered. She got what she deserved in this case.