• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought my son a CCM Pro blocker and trapper off eBay. They are pro returns that were used by a guy who was the goalie for the AHL Charlotte Checkers named Mike Murphy. Got both for less than half what a new blocker alone would cost.

Was thinking about asking sabrefan if he'd ever seen the guy play and if he was any good. But then I looked up his stats. His last season in the A he was 4-11 with a 3.99 GAA....

At least the gloves won't have many puck marks on 'em because he apparently couldn't stop a damn thing.

Interesting stat line in the NHL though. 2 GP, 0-1-0 with a 0.00 GAA and a 1.000 sv %.

Guess he came in in relief twice, never gave up a goal and lost in a shootout?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat, found a pic of him wearing them with the big club:
mike-murphy-of-the-carolina-hurricanes-warms-up-to-play-the-buffalo-picture-id182539137

I'm gonna pad wrap some black in between the two red/silver lines.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found out that David Letterman got a ZERO in the ratings this past week. A total loser!! A really sick guy!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump or Monkey NOT funny. Sad! Iron Jay hilarious!
TrumpOrMonkey.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, I loved the 1980 USA hockey team defeating the Russians and then the Finns to win gold, but I really can't stand the 'U-S-A' chant that also came out of those Olympic games.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming to international airports and various US ports of entry:

Travel Ban 2: The Bannoning

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought my son a CCM Pro blocker and trapper off eBay. They are pro returns that were used by a guy who was the goalie for the AHL Charlotte Checkers named Mike Murphy. Got both for less than half what a new blocker alone would cost.

Was thinking about asking sabrefan if he'd ever seen the guy play and if he was any good. But then I looked up his stats. His last season in the A he was 4-11 with a 3.99 GAA....

At least the gloves won't have many puck marks on 'em because he apparently couldn't stop a damn thing.

Interesting stat line in the NHL though. 2 GP, 0-1-0 with a 0.00 GAA and a 1.000 sv %.

Guess he came in in relief twice, never gave up a goal and lost in a shootout?
I seem to remember him being decent the one year here in Charlotte, but don't remember the rest.

Decent by career-AHL-calibre standards at least.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MONTREAL — A Montrealer who is a Canadian citizen by birth says she was barred from entering the United States and told to get a valid visa if she ever wants to cross the border.

Manpreet Kooner said she was turned away at a crossing along the Quebec-Vermont border on Sunday after a six-hour wait where she was fingerprinted, photographed and questioned before being refused.

She said she was told she was an immigrant without a valid U.S. visa.

Kooner, 30, is of Indian descent and was born in Montreal to parents who came to Canada from India in the 1960s and have lived in the same LaSalle district duplex for decades.

Kooner said she's perplexed given she was travelling on a Canadian passport and has no criminal record.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/canadian-citizen-denied-entry-united-210301774.html

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MONTREAL — A Montrealer who is a Canadian citizen by birth says she was barred from entering the United States and told to get a valid visa if she ever wants to cross the border.

Manpreet Kooner said she was turned away at a crossing along the Quebec-Vermont border on Sunday after a six-hour wait where she was fingerprinted, photographed and questioned before being refused.

Kooner, 30, is of Indian descent and was born in Montreal to parents who came to Canada from India in the 1960s and have lived in the same LaSalle district duplex for decades.

Kooner said she's perplexed given she was travelling on a Canadian passport and has no criminal record.

That's what she gets for being born brown.
red_nose_day_by_atrox_c-d5y5du6.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What was the “glitch” in December? Was she accidentally on a watch list? If so, did she get a redress number? If not, that may be the reasoning here and if that’s the case, well, can’t really cry about it. These stories almost never come with the full version of events and there's a lot missing here for a story which has made its way to the floor of Commons.

Further, why does Thomas Mulcair think it's illegal for the US to turn away Canadian citizens? Pastor Bob Clark could be turned away at the discretion of the USBP, that's their prerogative.

Status
Not open for further replies.