• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I... uh... I'm certain that... uh... well, I'm aware that... the thing is that laws are things. And then people.... well, people have laws.... and uh....(nervous laugh)... is it hot in.... I'm uh... hot.... anyone else? No?
Nathan is more qualified than this guy!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Government regulations have kept drinking water safe, allowed the disabled better access to public buildings, improved building standards so fires or earthquakes are not as devastating, improved highway safety, improved the health of our rivers, ensured bridges don't collapse, made sure hospitals are near most citizens, tracked economic health, ensured appropriate congressional representation, provided for us to continue to enjoy our natoinal parks and historical sites... and on and on and on.

I'm not saying regulations are always good. Some are stifling or ill conceived, but they do a LOT of good.

It's just too bad the people in charge act like they are always bad. That is intellectually naive and dishonest.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trump wants to cut some more red tape he can start with allowing sports betting. I'm pretty sure the legalized gambling could add a 1/10 of a point onto the GDP. As a kid, I'd never thunk it would be easier to score some dank bud than to drop a dime on a 8 team parlay.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trump wants to cut some more red tape he can start with allowing sports betting. I'm pretty sure the legalized gambling could add a 1/10 of a point onto the GDP. As a kid, I'd never thunk it would be easier to score some dank bud than to drop a dime on a 8 team parlay.

reason #49 that :canada: is the best ... in the 90's, as a 12 year old kid, my bro would go up the block to the chinese corner store in the neighbourhood and drop $1 that he'd ripped from my dads jacket pocket on 6 team parlays in the bc govt sports action lottery ... every night ... the chinese owner of that store only asked him the first time he did it ... "how old?" ... he didnt look 18 but it worked out fine for everyone lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid and teachers asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up I would say I wanted to move to Vancouver and become a marine biologist. In the back of my mind I would justify my reasoning as newspapers in the morning would have all the sports scores as the ones I had growing up sometimes didn't even have the local scores. I always knew there were other reasons too. and +1 for the Chinese grocery stores.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, you can't do it these days, but my dad (RIP) would always get me to hop on my bike to get him a pack of cigarettes from the corner store. Back in those days, a quarter would get you a pop and a chocolate bar. My mom would always yell at my dad ("Get your own damn cigarettes").

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, you can't do it these days, but my dad (RIP) would always get me to hop on my bike to get him a pack of cigarettes from the corner store. Back in those days, a quarter would get you a pop and a chocolate bar. My mom would always yell at my dad ("Get your own damn cigarettes").
I remember getting them out of vending machines!

th

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for sending me that family home film reel of your folks dash. I had it digitized for you. Here ya go:

56UuVO2.gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sadly that was my life to a "T" and RIP (due to smoking) both my parents. So as a pre-teenage boy I was an enabler to their smoking. :L

To this day I will always remember it was either Merit's or Winston Light's depending on which one they had a coupon for.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Also will add this was a yearly christmas gift to my mother:

il_340x270.1362712324_h8dj.jpg

NOTE: Looking back...Did I already state I was an enabler? :L

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely beautiful piece of JOURNALISM by the Washington Post on Puerto Rico, which is still without power. Something that would never happen if it were Ohio, Vermont, or Arizona.

Americans are suffering. I thought we were putting America first?

Status
Not open for further replies.