• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is wrong with people? I don't really expect an answer, by the way.

Paris pizzeria rammed by car; one dead - CNN

All I can hope is all of this is the last throes of the people the rest of the world has moved on from. They are lashing out, and soon will fade off. There is no place for them here in the future.

It's all I got.

Plus I only got shot at twice this week, things are looking up for Charm city!

I guess I am surprised there are any Confederate monuments in Baltimore. All the history I was taught when I lived there was how proud Maryland was to (try and) remain neutral. Good on 'em for taking them down, though.

I can't wait until a group of Neo Nazis and white supremacists try to stage a rally in Druid Hill Park.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The next Celebrity Death match....

What is pathetic earlier in the video is this guy defends Steve Bannon.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am surprised there are any Confederate monuments in Baltimore. All the history I was taught when I lived there was how proud Maryland was to (try and) remain neutral. Good on 'em for taking them down, though.

I can't wait until a group of Neo Nazis and white supremacists try to stage a rally in Druid Hill Park.

I never knew there were any either. Now thankfully a small number of people I know on Facebook who probably didn't know they were there either are complaining about history being erased.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew there were any either. Now thankfully a small number of people I know on Facebook who probably didn't know they were there either are complaining about history being erased.

Well, they can go an hour west to Frederick and see all the history they can handle.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First rule of history... it belongs to the victors.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First rule of history... it belongs to the victors.

Exactly why in the deep south there are statues of Confederates. They think they won.

One perfect example from Monroe GA:

Or even Stone Mountain.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
legal minds of the board, presumably president dumbfuck's tweet about Merck CEO is libelous?

Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President's Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!

After Frazier stepped down from trump's manufacturer's council
(three CEO's removed themselves from that today, fwiw)

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
legal minds of the board, presumably president dumbfuck's tweet about Merck CEO is libelous?

Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President's Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!

After Frazier stepped down from trump's manufacturer's council
(three CEO's removed themselves from that today, fwiw)

The problem with trying to argue if things he tweets may break the law or put him in civil/legal jeopardy is the "laws" of reason and logic don't seem to apply to the Cheeto. Any one of the 5,000 offensive things he's said or done should have excluded him from public office. I mean, Michael Dukakis tanked in polls because he was photographed in a Military helmet (and looked like a dork) and never served. Donald Trump mocked a POW who survived and got to be president.

So this seems to be happening:
Protesters in North Carolina topple Confederate monument
State Leaders Call for Confederate Monuments to Be Removed
New Orleans removes its final Confederate-era statue

Those fuckwits show up to protest the moving (not removal) of a statue of one of their idols, start a bunch of shit and in response local governments and rowdy residents are taking the shit down completely.

We should put all of them in an intolerance museum.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Prez also deleted the following tweet:

DHRJIxTXsAEwMhD.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that the same place he called a "dump" a little while ago?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should put all of them in an intolerance museum.
This is actually the general solution I'd propose. Maybe we don't call it an intolerance museum specifically, but someplace where some of these sculptures and monuments can be displayed with appropriate historical information. This way you can avoid some of the charges of erasing history (the wing-nut faction will never be satisfied) but also educate on what these are and what they mean.

There are examples of these all over the world, especially in former Soviet bloc countries where they've removed all of the statues of Lenin, Stalin, and Co. to a sculpture park or museum.

And let's not take away from the fact also that some of these - globally, not just the Confederate ones - are, when taken purely from an aesthetic perspective, impressive works of art.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually the general solution I'd propose. Maybe we don't call it an intolerance museum specifically, but someplace where some of these sculptures and monuments can be displayed with appropriate historical information. This way you can avoid some of the charges of erasing history (the wing-nut faction will never be satisfied) but also educate on what these are and what they mean.

There are examples of these all over the world, especially in former Soviet bloc countries where they've removed all of the statues of Lenin, Stalin, and Co. to a sculpture park or museum.

And let's not take away from the fact also that some of these - globally, not just the Confederate ones - are, when taken purely from an aesthetic perspective, impressive works of art.

It is a logical solution. But I stand by my naming choice.

It's not trying to erase history. It's trying to learn from the mistakes in history.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm exhausted! I have been up all night with my chisels changing all the Robert E Lee statues in the area to Lee Majors statues. Fall Guy era, not Six Million Dollar Man era.

my parents were looking after the kids one day a couple weeks back and my son dug into the boxed toys my mom still has from when i was a kid (theyre borderline hoarders)

He found a lee majors 6 million dollar man dol ... err ... ACTION FIGURE i had but the leg was missing

When i went to pick the kids up later that day he was oddly excited and said "dad! ... dad! ... who the hell is this?" (yup he said hell ... blame his mother!). He already knew because my mom told him but he wanted the straight goods from me i guess

i said it was the 6 million dollar man and he said "what kind of 6 million dollar man has no leg" :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.