• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She won't nor shouldn't do it, but Michelle Obama would make one fucking hell of a politician. Maybe even better than her husband.

Not sure if he wants to hang around (he's likely done), but how about Joe Biden in 2020?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he wants to hang around (he's likely done), but how about Joe Biden in 2020?
Too old.

Not that I have a fresh thought at all about who the Dems could run in 4 years. Someone's gonna have to stand out over the next two years for them or they're probably in trouble again.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to know that during a shooting at a airport........

That Air Canada still takes off from said Airport

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She won't nor shouldn't do it, but Michelle Obama would make one fucking hell of a politician. Maybe even better than her husband.

Too old.

Not that I have a fresh thought at all about who the Dems could run in 4 years. Someone's gonna have to stand out over the next two years for them or they're probably in trouble again.

It'll be Martin O'Malley because his massive ego won't let him walk away. Corey Booker will probably stand up and try to distinguish himself in the next two years as Obama Junior, as will Sherrod Brown (here in Ohio) and John Kasich will probably throw back in on the other side, pretending to be a Dem too. Warren is a decent bet too. I think Bernie and Biden (and Michelle Obama for that matter) will spend the next three years squawking a lot and pointing out bullshit, but I doubt any of them will really want it.

One thing is for sure, whoever runs has to be prepared for one holy mess to fix if they win. Whichever side they are on.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be Martin O'Malley because his massive ego won't let him walk away. Corey Booker will probably stand up and try to distinguish himself in the next two years as Obama Junior, as will Sherrod Brown (here in Ohio) and John Kasich will probably throw back in on the other side, pretending to be a Dem too. Warren is a decent bet too. I think Bernie and Biden (and Michelle Obama for that matter) will spend the next three years squawking a lot and pointing out bullshit, but I doubt any of them will really want it.

One thing is for sure, whoever runs has to be prepared for one holy mess to fix if they win. Whichever side they are on.
Maybe Warren, but it remains to be seen if the DNC wants to move toward the left or further right.

Booker's got a certain, um, quirk that I think might not make him the best candidate in a general in the eyes of many a voter.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruh Roh - Somebody might be getting a pink slip.

Shooter arrived on Canadian flight, gun checked in bag

Edit: Or maybe not :noidea:

The gunman who opened fire at the airport in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on Friday, had a gun checked in his baggage and had declared the firearm, law enforcement sources told CNN.

Last edited:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too old.

Don't talk about me like I am not here....I'm mulling it over.

Four years ago my HR problems with sexual harassment might have been a problem. In four years it might be a benefit.

I like Warren and think she is smart but I wonder how long it will be until a woman is a major party nominee again. Hillary was not a great candidate but I can't help but feeling that if she was a man and everything else was the same, I think she/he wins.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There also Saying Kamala Harris even has a shot in 2020

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't talk about me like I am not here....I'm mulling it over.

Four years ago my HR problems with sexual harassment might have been a problem. In four years it might be a benefit.

I like Warren and think she is smart but I wonder how long it will be until a woman is a major party nominee again. Hillary was not a great candidate but I can't help but feeling that if she was a man and everything else was the same, I think she/he wins.

Conversely, I strongly believe that if Warren was the nominee this time she would be the first female president. She would have won in a fucking landslide.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couple things:
1) I didn't know Fox's last name was Quesadilla
2) I really don't know if this twitter account is real, but if it is
3) Trump has already had an effect on international diplomacy. Cussing in tweets over an international border issue.

Hard to imagine JFK saying something like that to Kruschev. Or Reagan saying "Tear that shit down, bitch!"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a fun little story, that for once is entirely true. Normally things at work do not bug me or come home with me but the last 6 months of work have been rough for me.

I was a contractor at my job for three years and they offered me a position early last year. I liked the job, the work, and really liked my supervisor. She always made me feel included and involved and was really nice. I also felt like the job was a good fit for me, its a small group doing lots of things with room to grow. Almost immediately after taking the permanent position things seemed to change. She began to work with someone newish on the team I'll call Bob(He was actually hired to work with someone else but they didn't get along) and for a while it was fine - he was usually a decent guy so we all worked OK together fine. Over the summer a project was started that I was involved with the year before but this year it was just her and Bob working on it leaving me at my desk doing what was essentially busy work. It got to the point where she might say hi to me on the way in, then go back and hang out with Bob all day. Bob leaves at 3 so somedays she would wander up just to talk to me or then would suddenly want my help. So she was still nice to me and seemed to like me, as long as Bob wasn’t around. When Bob was around her eyes are just on him. And Bob started being moody around me so we didn’t really talk much.

Finally one day I had a long angry talk with my supervisor pretty much asking her if I screwed something up and if not then why was I being ignored and not being included. I was careful to not mention Bob and her behavior around him. To her credit she did begin including me. I could handle and ignore their constant flirting if I was given interesting things to do. Then things gradually go back to her and Bob focusing just on each other.

So for some reason (maybe I am a baby?) its really bugged me. I thought I was pretty good friends with her and suddenly I am invisible, at least when he is around. Not only do I kind of feel personally hurt, but its affecting my job because I am not included in things as much as I once was because that would take away Bob time. I kind of hoped to be at this place for years, now I don’t think so and that bugs me.

Now the kicker – on a long weekend they were letting us go early. I was trying to ask her about something work related on the way out but Bob just left and she kinds of ignores me and runs down the hallway after him. I told my wife and she said she has to see Bob because he has to be good looking. I look for a picture of him and could not find one. She looked for a while and could not find one. Later she holds up her tablet and asks if a picture is Bob. She found him! I ask where she found it and she is coy. Finally she shows me. Bob is a registered sex offender! I assumed it was statutory r*pe or something. But no, Bob was a very bad boy with a very young boy or girl (court docket just says victim) with a long list of charges. Forced stuff, violent stuff lasting for over a year – even if half of the dozen charges are false, its still awful.

I can’t say anything. Doesn’t seem fair or right. Only way I’ll ever say anything is if Bob would be around her kids for some reason. Even though I doubt anything would ever happen I’d rather hate myself for ratting him out than risk him doing something to her kids. Moot point, I cannot see why he’d ever be alone with her kids.

Cliff Notes:

Comeds likes job and boss

Boss suddenly meets Bob and ignores Comeds

Comed’s Inspector wife finds out Bob is a registered sex offender and *********

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conversely, I strongly believe that if Warren was the nominee this time she would be the first female president. She would have won in a fucking landslide.

For this past election I agree. I just wouldn't be surprised if the parties stick to men for a while. Maybe not.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a fun little story, that for once is entirely true. Normally things at work do not bug me or come home with me but the last 6 months of work have been rough for me.

I was a contractor at my job for three years and they offered me a position early last year. I liked the job, the work, and really liked my supervisor. She always made me feel included and involved and was really nice. I also felt like the job was a good fit for me, its a small group doing lots of things with room to grow. Almost immediately after taking the permanent position things seemed to change. She began to work with someone newish on the team I'll call Bob(He was actually hired to work with someone else but they didn't get along) and for a while it was fine - he was usually a decent guy so we all worked OK together fine. Over the summer a project was started that I was involved with the year before but this year it was just her and Bob working on it leaving me at my desk doing what was essentially busy work. It got to the point where she might say hi to me on the way in, then go back and hang out with Bob all day. Bob leaves at 3 so somedays she would wander up just to talk to me or then would suddenly want my help. So she was still nice to me and seemed to like me, as long as Bob wasn’t around. When Bob was around her eyes are just on him. And Bob started being moody around me so we didn’t really talk much.

Finally one day I had a long angry talk with my supervisor pretty much asking her if I screwed something up and if not then why was I being ignored and not being included. I was careful to not mention Bob and her behavior around him. To her credit she did begin including me. I could handle and ignore their constant flirting if I was given interesting things to do. Then things gradually go back to her and Bob focusing just on each other.

So for some reason (maybe I am a baby?) its really bugged me. I thought I was pretty good friends with her and suddenly I am invisible, at least when he is around. Not only do I kind of feel personally hurt, but its affecting my job because I am not included in things as much as I once was because that would take away Bob time. I kind of hoped to be at this place for years, now I don’t think so and that bugs me.

Now the kicker – on a long weekend they were letting us go early. I was trying to ask her about something work related on the way out but Bob just left and she kinds of ignores me and runs down the hallway after him. I told my wife and she said she has to see Bob because he has to be good looking. I look for a picture of him and could not find one. She looked for a while and could not find one. Later she holds up her tablet and asks if a picture is Bob. She found him! I ask where she found it and she is coy. Finally she shows me. Bob is a registered sex offender! I assumed it was statutory r*pe or something. But no, Bob was a very bad boy with a very young boy or girl (court docket just says victim) with a long list of charges. Forced stuff, violent stuff lasting for over a year – even if half of the dozen charges are false, its still awful.

I can’t say anything. Doesn’t seem fair or right. Only way I’ll ever say anything is if Bob would be around her kids for some reason. Even though I doubt anything would ever happen I’d rather hate myself for ratting him out than risk him doing something to her kids. Moot point, I cannot see why he’d ever be alone with her kids.

Cliff Notes:

Comeds likes job and boss

Boss suddenly meets Bob and ignores Comeds

Comed’s Inspector wife finds out Bob is a registered sex offender and *********

First of all, your other stories aren't all true? I am disillusioned.

Second of all, I would be happy to have my alter ego, Agent Pendleton, make a phone call.

For this past election I agree. I just wouldn't be surprised if the parties stick to men for a while. Maybe not.

A female candidate was always going to be held to a higher, occasionally unrealistic, standard. You are right, that will only get worse now.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Chelsea Clinton looks like a man - and Chelsea might win the Premier League this season, setting a winning precedent for the name Chelsea.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second of all, I would be happy to have my alter ego, Agent Pendleton, make a phone call.

While Bob is occasionally a dick to me and has purposely (imo) made sure I wasn't involved in some things I couldn't sabotage him without hating myself.

Plus what he did was 20 years ago so I assume nothing has happened since. I don't know what happened but he was 17 and 18 while it went on and the victim was 6 and 7 so while there is no way I didn't think he is creepy and probably horrible if he has somehow turned his life around I couldn't spoil it. However if he ever offers to babysit for anyone in my presence all bets are off.

I wish I knew whether I find him creepy because he is or because of what I know. I wish I didn't know what I do.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I knew whether I find him creepy because he is or because of what I know. I wish I didn't know what I do.
Your employer doesn't do background checks? Something like that surely would show up.

Is there a confidential mechanism in place to alert HR to his background?

Status
Not open for further replies.