• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your employer doesn't do background checks? Something like that surely would show up.

Is there a confidential mechanism in place to alert HR to his background?
I'm sure someone in HR knows. The site we found out about him had his employer and employers address listed.

Unless I was really worried about something going to happen - I couldn't rat him out without feeling awful.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure someone in HR knows. The site we found out about him had his employer and employers address listed.

Unless I was really worried about something going to happen - I couldn't rat him out without feeling awful.

Trying to think through this. If "someone" in HR knows, then you aren't ratting him out, are you?

My only suggestion is, try to sort out what your true motivations might be, and then act accordingly. Sounds like your boss might have children, and your concern is that their relationship might put him in close contact with the kids? If that is all there is to it, I would think seriously about saying something to Boss. My personal belief is that the safety of children normally trumps most anything else.

Sounds like a complex situation for you. Part of what I read was your personal/professional disappointment and being marginalized on the job. You have tried to address that in an appropriate manner, with limited and temporary results. Setting aside his background, that in and of itself is not an unusual situation to be in. It sucks, and since you have tried to address it, your only options are to ride it out, or, move on.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to think through this. If "someone" in HR knows, then you aren't ratting him out, are you?

My only suggestion is, try to sort out what your true motivations might be, and then act accordingly. Sounds like your boss might have children, and your concern is that their relationship might put him in close contact with the kids? If that is all there is to it, I would think seriously about saying something to Boss. My personal belief is that the safety of children normally trumps most anything else.

Sounds like a complex situation for you. Part of what I read was your personal/professional disappointment and being marginalized on the job. You have tried to address that in an appropriate manner, with limited and temporary results. Setting aside his background, that in and of itself is not an unusual situation to be in. It sucks, and since you have tried to address it, your only options are to ride it out, or, move on.

My true motivation would be to rat him out because of my job situation and that he has been an ass at times. That's why I won't do it. Then I would be a terrible person. *

If I ever thought there was a danger to her kids or anyone else ( or her) I would say something in an instant. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't. He's close enough to me that if I put in my zip code into one of the predator search engine his picture pops up - so I could easily "stumble" across the info if needed.**

Yeah I know I need to move on. Just really bummed out. On day one contracting my boss told me it was just a temp job, probably less than a month later she's openly telling people in front of me that she's going to find away to keep me. It took her a while but she had the position created for me. Three years of a decent job / work friendship. Now I get to be involved when Bob is elsewhere. So I know it's time. I was just bemused because I wasn't all that impressed with my "replacement" before, then I find out how truly how unimpressive he is.

*I am however terrible enough to think "well at least I'm not a registered sex offender" whenever he gets to do something I want to.

**Maybe, just maybe, when I get a new job on the way out I could give some kind of vague warning.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I knew whether I find him creepy because he is or because of what I know. I wish I didn't know what I do.

This is the motto of my job. I know so much crazy shit about the people who I work with...

I really should start heavy drinking.

*I am however terrible enough to think "well at least I'm not a registered sex offender" whenever he gets to do something I want to.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT

Also, this happened:

I want one. Even better if it's made in the USA.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump 'accepts' findings that Russia tried to meddle in U.S. election, incoming chief of staff says

As for Putin's response...

83925057.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my eyes.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about calling her Malaria?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about calling her Malaria?

I thought perhaps it was the "former" part she took offense to.

/on a list now.

So, my Brother in law was apparently moved by a speech by Meryl Streep at some award show last night. He says "loud mouth rich celebrities have no place in politics".

No one has pointed it out yet.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do the names need to be redacted? This kind of ignorance needs to be exposed.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and about "this may be the best fucking thing that happens all year"...

no, this shit is just getting started.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought perhaps it was the "former" part she took offense to.

/on a list now.

So, my Brother in law was apparently moved by a speech by Meryl Streep at some award show last night. He says "loud mouth rich celebrities have no place in politics".

No one has pointed it out yet.

The name's Malaria Trump but everybody calls me Psycho!!
Any of you calls me a hooker....I kill ya!!

frabz-You-just-made-the-List-buddy-8b2ba1_zpsgfijoxub.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.