• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC.. Wow

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. If I wanted to stir it up, I would have written a thread titled

Florida was the home of the only serial killer in football

He never committed the murders while at Florida, and never would have gone to Florida if it weren't for that scumbag, Urban Meyer, that recruited him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never committed the murders while at Florida, and never would have gone to Florida if it weren't for that scumbag, Urban Meyer, that recruited him.

Yeah, while at Florida Urban Meyer only "vouched" for drugs and gang violence, not actual murder (that we know of).

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always amused how our dear SEC bandwagon friends always try to explain things away, and that failing, change the subject.

Let's discuss the points of the article.
1. The SEC manipulates their scheduling by a. playing 3/4 of their OOC games at home against questionable opponents and b. seldom traveling outside of the South or playing in true road games in unfamiliar venues.
2. The SEC further manipulates its conference games by only playing 8 games in a fixed rotation, with only one of those 8 games is against a different opponent. This gives the better teams a tremendous advantage, since they seldom have to prepare for a game in an unfamiliar stadium, or against unknown coaches and players.
3. The SEC gets the benefit of higher poll ranking votes than they probably deserve.
4. The SEC has worked the politics of college football masterfully well, better anyone else.
5. While the SEC probably has the best raw athletes, the price they pay is that they often take chances on kids with questionable character, the arrest records being higher than any other conference are not coincidental nor the result of "Mayberry" style law enforcement. Indeed, if anything, one could argue that friendly local police may well be overlooking a lot of petty crimes done by athletes.
6. In actual games played on actual fields between actual football teams of equal quality and status, the SEC is not the juggernaut that its fans claim. The problem has long been that such games are rare, and if the SEC had its way, would be rarer still.

Now, quit throwing out red herrings about racism,personal attacks, and accusations of bias.

Discuss the points of the article, that is, of course, if you can.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^Did not read and have zero interest.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always amused how our dear SEC bandwagon friends always try to explain things away, and that failing, change the subject.

Let's discuss the points of the article.
1. The SEC manipulates their scheduling by a. playing 3/4 of their OOC games at home against questionable opponents and b. seldom traveling outside of the South or playing in true road games in unfamiliar venues.
2. The SEC further manipulates its conference games by only playing 8 games in a fixed rotation, with only one of those 8 games is against a different opponent. This gives the better teams a tremendous advantage, since they seldom have to prepare for a game in an unfamiliar stadium, or against unknown coaches and players.
3. The SEC gets the benefit of higher poll ranking votes than they probably deserve.
4. The SEC has worked the politics of college football masterfully well, better anyone else.
5. While the SEC probably has the best raw athletes, the price they pay is that they often take chances on kids with questionable character, the arrest records being higher than any other conference are not coincidental nor the result of "Mayberry" style law enforcement. Indeed, if anything, one could argue that friendly local police may well be overlooking a lot of petty crimes done by athletes.
6. In actual games played on actual fields between actual football teams of equal quality and status, the SEC is not the juggernaut that its fans claim. The problem has long been that such games are rare, and if the SEC had its way, would be rarer still.

Now, quit throwing out red herrings about racism,personal attacks, and accusations of bias.

Discuss the points of the article, that is, of course, if you can.

granny%20wales_zpslsj00pat.gif

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what I mean?

Totally incapable of intelligent discussion.:nod:

Hell, one can't even read anything longer than a sentence or two, right Turkey?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, arguing with Tony would be horribly unfair.

It's just not right to battle wits with someone who is unarmed.:whistle:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what I mean?

Totally incapable of intelligent discussion.:nod:

Hell, one can't even read anything longer than a sentence or two, right Turkey?

I wonder how much sportshoopla gets punished in the search engine rankings for your duplicate content.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, 4down, you've said some smart things here. Wrong, but smart.:suds:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I love this site exist because it confirms how much the SEC is in the heads of other conferences' fans.
2. This is a fan site not exactly Pulitzer Price material and very bias.
3. I could find a fan site for just about every P5 team that promotes the same kind of garbage. There are Auburn sites dedicated to trying to prove Alabama is the whore of Babylon and there are Bama sites that do the same to Auburn.

So what we have here is basically one guy's version of a seedy tabloid devoted to the SEC. If you are going to believe everything you read here then you might as well start a thread about how Elvis is alive and was abducted by Aliens.

But Alabama IS the whore of Babylon and Nick Saban is really Lucifer Satan in human form.

I thought we already knew that.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Wild Turkey View Post
1. I love this site exist because it confirms how much the SEC is in the heads of other conferences' fans.
2. This is a fan site not exactly Pulitzer Price material and very bias.
3. I could find a fan site for just about every P5 team that promotes the same kind of garbage. There are Auburn sites dedicated to trying to prove Alabama is the whore of Babylon and there are Bama sites that do the same to Auburn.

So what we have here is basically one guy's version of a seedy tabloid devoted to the SEC. If you are going to believe everything you read here then you might as well start a thread about how Elvis is alive and was abducted by Aliens.

Notice how when these folks can't refute the actual points of what was said, they try to discredit the source or change the subject. So, tell us, are the allegations of the article not factual?