• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC Shorts 2020 Season —- Hilarious

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there just isn't the demand from your region. It doesn't help that most of your teams are in highly populated locations. If you look at the SEC for example, most of the schools are located in University towns were the school accounts for most of the local traffic. There are some exceptional like Vandy bit for the most part the SEC and even most of the ACC, B1G, and Big12 have their schools away from major urban/business centers.

Yeah, that's true.

There's just a lot of other things to do that a lot of other places don't have.

No college football? Just in the LA area, there are 2 NFL teams, 2 NBA teams, 2 NHL teams, 2 MLB teams...not to mention beaches, mountains, deserts, amusement parks.

Just a lot of other options.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's true.

There's just a lot of other things to do that a lot of other places don't have.

No college football? Just in the LA area, there are 2 NFL teams, 2 NBA teams, 2 NHL teams, 2 MLB teams...not to mention beaches, mountains, deserts, amusement parks.

Just a lot of other options.

I was also talking about from a COVID risk scenario. The larger cities, theoretically would be more dangerous for spreading the disease. However, your points are very valid as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was also talking about from a COVID risk scenario. The larger cities, theoretically would be more dangerous for spreading the disease. However, your points are very valid as well.

The bigger cities are a bigger risk now that the season is "postponed".

From what's being reported, the fall athletes weren't having positive tests. In fact, in over 660 tests, USC had 8 positives and only 2 were from the football team.

Virtually everyone I've heard talk about this has said the athletes are safer at school participating in their sports.

People have said a lot about 18-22 year olds being dumb, etc. and that's not necessarily wrong.

But from what's been being talked about, the athletes are less likely to do any of that than regular students because they don't want to let their teammates and coaches down.

But unless the NCAA is going to allow teams to treat this like the season is going on, the players will now be out among the other students and leaving campus a lot more than if there was a season being played.

I'm all but convinced that this about the #WeAreUnited thing and they're using Covid for cover. I don't think it's a coincidence that of the 5 conferences, the only ones postponing are the ones where that movement appeared to have momentum.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved this skit. The acting is very good. I hate that they left the Pac12 out. I guess it was because the Pac12 has mostly been quiet.

That was the most brutal insult of all.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big slam on PAC 12 but we deserve it