• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Pre-season Sox activities

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew I forgot to mention something yesterday and that's the performances by Mike Soroka & Garrett Crochet in that win against the Angels.
Soroka: 4IP, 0ER, 2H, 2BB, 5K
Crochet: 3IP, 0ER, 2H, 0BB, 3K
Those were some solid numbers, quite encouraging.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew I forgot to mention something yesterday and that's the performances by Mike Soroka & Garrett Crochet in that win against the Angels.
Soroka: 4IP, 0ER, 2H, 2BB, 5K
Crochet: 3IP, 0ER, 2H, 0BB, 3K
Those were some solid numbers, quite encouraging.
Soroka has looked great, but he gives me the same feeling I had as a teenager driving a very old car - I didn't maintain very well - something is going to go wrong soon.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soroka has looked great, but he gives me the same feeling I had as a teenager driving a very old car - I didn't maintain very well - something is going to go wrong soon.
Health will obviously be the big issue with him. All we can do is hope he stays healthy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Garrett Crochet will start the opener. Soroka would seem to be the logical choice. I suppose the Sox think Crochet will deliver some fan interest,

If Kopech is an ace in the bullpen and Crochet does well as a starter - that would be a nice indictment of the former White Sox authorities.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that Garrett Crochet will start the opener. Soroka would seem to be the logical choice. I suppose the Sox think Crochet will deliver some fan interest,

If Kopech is an ace in the bullpen and Crochet does well as a starter - that would be a nice indictment of the former White Sox authorities.

You need further indictment?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicago White Sox released infielder Mike Moustakas and outfielder Kevin Pillar on Friday.

Both were in camp on minor league deals. The moves increase the likelihood of Gavin Sheets making the team's opening-day roster

:)
LOL =- Except the Sox signed Robbie Grossman today. I will have to hand it to Getz for making a cold hard judgement on Pillar and Moustakas - when they were his original ideas for shoring up the roster.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL =- Except the Sox signed Robbie Grossman today. I will have to hand it to Getz for making a cold hard judgement on Pillar and Moustakas - when they were his original ideas for shoring up the roster.
typical sox dumb-ass signing. the guy is 35, can't hit or run, has less power than sheets, has been on 7 teams now, makes much more than is payed sheets. so what is this guy signed for?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
typical sox dumb-ass signing. the guy is 35, can't hit or run, has less power than sheets, has been on 7 teams now, makes much more than is payed sheets. so what is this guy signed for?
You should know - I don't represent the White Sox in this forum - i just sometimes try to explain what I think they are doing,. :?_

I think right now - the Sox need to answer the question about whether Dom Flecther - despite his poor batting numbers in AZ - still deserves the benefit of the doubt and open the season on the roster and in a righty/lefty rotation. Fletcher is pressing. - he had a successful stretch of 100 abs in A Z where he hit .300+

I think the Sox have the idea Grossman might be the better platoon with Fletcher - and hits both sides well enough to take on the OF job full time. Cutting Pillar was a vote of confidence in Dom Fletcher -and hiring Grossman was some amount of bet hedging.

I think - on paper - Oscar Colas is still the future RF - if he learns his lessons. The new 19 OF Sam Zavala obtained in the Cease trade - is the guy on paper who pushes Colas.

Again - what I like, so far, with Getz is building redundancy in the minor league talent - so there are multiple chances to hit on a player and - no one learns their job in the White Sox minors like he is the anointed one - they all have to compete or be replaced.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should know - I don't represent the White Sox in this forum - i just sometimes try to explain what I think they are doing,. :?_

I think right now - the Sox need to answer the question about whether Dom Flecther - despite his poor batting numbers in AZ - still deserves the benefit of the doubt and open the season on the roster and in a righty/lefty rotation. Fletcher is pressing. - he had a successful stretch of 100 abs in A Z where he hit .300+

I think the Sox have the idea Grossman might be the better platoon with Fletcher - and hits both sides well enough to take on the OF job full time. Cutting Pillar was a vote of confidence in Dom Fletcher -and hiring Grossman was some amount of bet hedging.

I think - on paper - Oscar Colas is still the future RF - if he learns his lessons. The new 19 OF Sam Zavala obtained in the Cease trade - is the guy on paper who pushes Colas.

Again - what I like, so far, with Getz is building redundancy in the minor league talent - so there are multiple chances to hit on a player and - no one learns their job in the White Sox minors like he is the anointed one - they all have to compete or be replaced.
and i see this as a back-assed way of putting a competent team together. the simple fact is they don't know how to spend their money. haven't for years! getz is not a genius. there's no reason to have ever thought he was. the cancer in this team has been and remains the owner. he doesn't care about putting a real team together. he has no incentive to. he's doing just fine!

i get that you're a real good fan. loyal! intelligent! it's sad that this is the team you've given yourself over to. personally, i follow them simply out of habit now ... not because i expect anything. i used to be more like you. i knew the farm teams and stats pretty well. hopefully someday reinsdork dies and the team is sold to someone who cares about the game. hopefully you get rewarded with a deserving team, not the pile of shit this one has become. wish i felt differently. i look in other directions for my 'sports high' now. notre dame women's basketball brings me much more pleasure these days. :high5:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i see this as a back-assed way of putting a competent team together. the simple fact is they don't know how to spend their money. haven't for years! getz is not a genius. there's no reason to have ever thought he was. the cancer in this team has been and remains the owner. he doesn't care about putting a real team together. he has no incentive to. he's doing just fine!

i get that you're a real good fan. loyal! intelligent! it's sad that this is the team you've given yourself over to. personally, i follow them simply out of habit now ... not because i expect anything. i used to be more like you. i knew the farm teams and stats pretty well. hopefully someday reinsdork dies and the team is sold to someone who cares about the game. hopefully you get rewarded with a deserving team, not the pile of shit this one has become. wish i felt differently. i look in other directions for my 'sports high' now. notre dame women's basketball brings me much more pleasure these days. :high5:

Yeaaahhhh...I'll stick the sh*tty White Sox.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hardly refer to these as shocking cuts:

Can't really qualify these cuts to Moustakas and Pillar as being a shock, especially once Getz signed Robbie Grossman. Neither of them have been playing lights out, especially Moustakas. Career minor leaguer Mark Payton might now have the inside track for the 4th OF. One question tho is will this help Sheets hold onto a roster spot, being he's not even referenced in the article. Since the Sox still hold an option on him, it's easier to send him down to start the season.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hardly refer to these as shocking cuts:

Can't really qualify these cuts to Moustakas and Pillar as being a shock, especially once Getz signed Robbie Grossman. Neither of them have been playing lights out, especially Moustakas. Career minor leaguer Mark Payton might now have the inside track for the 4th OF. One question tho is will this help Sheets hold onto a roster spot, being he's not even referenced in the article. Since the Sox still hold an option on him, it's easier to send him down to start the season.
clearly sheets WAS referenced in this article.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for warning me that I could turn out to be like you, but I enjoy my White Sox fantasies. I've had decades of disappointment, and it will make the winning that much sweeter.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox split squad played two today, losing both. That in itself is no biggie, but on the rotation front, potential #5 starter Nick Nastrini did himself no favors with his first poor outing of the Spring, going 3.1 innings, giving up 7 runs (5 earned), walking 5 and surrendering a dinger. Not a clue as to whether this impacts his status as #5 in the rotation. Maybe it didn't hurt his chances, but it sure as hell didn't help them any.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox split squad played two today, losing both. That in itself is no biggie, but on the rotation front, potential #5 starter Nick Nastrini did himself no favors with his first poor outing of the Spring, going 3.1 innings, giving up 7 runs (5 earned), walking 5 and surrendering a dinger. Not a clue as to whether this impacts his status as #5 in the rotation. Maybe it didn't hurt his chances, but it sure as hell didn't help them any.
Agreed - I'm not sure when Nastrini takes his MLB career - I think the Sox will have up to 15 guys start a game this season and Nastrini will get his licks in from that activity.

One thing I thought was interesting on Nastrini today -is he only threw 37 pitches in 3.1 innings. So, he wasn't wild today and I'd be more worried about lack of location more than getting batted around.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeaaahhhh...I'll stick the sh*tty White Sox.

My fan relationship with the White Sox feels a lot like the end of a failing romantic relationship. The spark is gone, I am basically out of energy to put into the relationship, the other party is showing zero signs of changing their ways or compromising, and I'm just going through the motions. Hoping for something, anything to happen. Despite the fact that deep down, I know it won't. The good times seem very far off in the rear view mirror.

However, the difference is, relationships like that end. The White Sox just go on and on... and on. Until I die. At this point, I'm not going anywhere.

One day, I'll have something to cheer about again. I hope. It doesn't feel like it right now.

I just moved to Southern Cali and when I meet guys at work or whatever. When I say I'm from Chicago - they often ask if I'm a Cubs fan. I simply look down, sigh, and say "Nope... I'm a White Sox fan." They usually reply with an "oof". I just say "Yup".