• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle trades for S J. Adams

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm totally glad we didn't trade for Adams at this price. My reasons are the same as outlined in this article.

Making sense of why 49ers didn't trade for Jamal Adams

Seattle got a GOOD player no question, but can a SS lift them that much higher? IMO only a QB or pass rusher like Khalil Mack, warrants this kind of draft capital.

Even if those 1st round picks are in the 20's, teams still need those 1st round picks. Without those draft picks other spots on your team will suffer. If Seattle's front 7 isn't good enough, then the SS can only make up so much. If you're depending on your SS to "cover" your front 7, good luck.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A booming price to get the player and Cap mathematics..

No doubt booming for a SS?! Ok, Adams is a little more than a SS, but still.

I'd rather spend this kind of draft capital on a CB over Safety. How did Jalen Ramsey lift the Rams defense? Jalen Ramsey is a GOOD player too but without a front 7 your CB can only do so much.

The Rams didn't have a 1st rounder this past draft (20th pick) and couldn't plug an immediate hole. They don't have a 1st rounder in the next draft either, so can't plug yet another hole. Their 2021 1st rounder will likely be higher than 20th overall. Seattle will face the same thing, other spots on the team will remain weak.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Rams and Seahawks trade massive draft capitol for players without new contracts is......good.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally glad we didn't trade for Adams at this price. My reasons are the same as outlined in this article.

Making sense of why 49ers didn't trade for Jamal Adams

Seattle got a GOOD player no question, but can a SS lift them that much higher? IMO only a QB or pass rusher like Khalil Mack, warrants this kind of draft capital.

Even if those 1st round picks are in the 20's, teams still need those 1st round picks. Without those draft picks other spots on your team will suffer. If Seattle's front 7 isn't good enough, then the SS can only make up so much. If you're depending on your SS to "cover" your front 7, good luck.

I argued with a couple of fans who thought it was a good idea for the 49ers to trade two first round picks for Jalen Ramsey. One predicted the Rams defense would be a top defense with Ramsey. Nothing turned out like predicted. The safety position has been devalued in recent years in picks and contracts. Maybe this all works out but I am glad the 49ers passed. Despite Lynch's denials, I think they probably did look into Adams as was reported but balked at the price tag.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I argued with a couple of fans who thought it was a good idea for the 49ers to trade two first round picks for Jalen Ramsey. One predicted the Rams defense would be a top defense with Ramsey. Nothing turned out like predicted. The safety position has been devalued in recent years in picks and contracts. Maybe this all works out but I am glad the 49ers passed. Despite Lynch's denials, I think they probably did look into Adams as was reported but balked at the price tag.

I would think Lynch looked into it too and why not, looking into things is doing his due diligence. He's probably denying it so our current players don't get irked, but all players know this is a business.

Yes, the Rams did obtain a GOOD CB but hurt themselves in other spots. Without a good front 7, your top CB or SS isn't as effective for your D. Adams is s GOOD safety but he can't hold up Seattle's defense, that was a desperation move that'll hurt them like the Rams are hurt now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they also traded their starting SS, McDougald in addition to the two first round picks.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they also traded their starting SS, McDougald in addition to the two first round picks.

Yup...which makes this trade look even more foolish. McDougald ain't J. Adams...but he's above average, and actually pretty good in coverage. When you look at the totality of this trade, Sea got bent over.....and now they are pinned down to 'guarantee' a contract with Adams.

It's kinda funny watching the 'hawks fans try there very best to defend this one.....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yup...which makes this trade look even more foolish. McDougald ain't J. Adams...but he's above average, and actually pretty good in coverage. When you look at the totality of this trade, Sea got bent over.....and now they are pinned down to 'guarantee' a contract with Adams.

It's kinda funny watching the 'hawks fans try there very best to defend this one.....

If it was a top QB or top Pass Rusher, it could be defensible. However...............

Seattle fans have no choice, they have to spin it and they have to spin it into THIS season. As time goes on towards the next draft, it'll hurt. Then when it gets to the 2022 draft, it'll hurt even more. Just ask the Rams NOW if the Ramsey trade was still the right move?

Yep, next off-season Seattle is OBLIGATED to give Adams a huge contract. You can't let him go after trading away this kind of draft capital. So on top of not having a 1st rounder, they have less cap for other spots.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Interested in Signing Jadeveon Clowney?

Similar to Jamal Adams (not same), nice to think we can add Clowney to our team. But similar to Adams, there just isn't enough cap space. All of our the remaining cap space should be targetted for Kittle. Getting Kittle extended is the highest priority now. nothing new.

Not to mention next off-season, we'll have a LOT of cap decisions to make as is. We can't add any more big ticket players now, Trent Williams was the last.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is about Jalen Ramsey but the part about new contract is very similar. Seattle will face a similar (not same) thing next season. Note where it says "Ramsey is expected to hold the upper hand in negotiations after the Rams traded a 2020 and 2021 first-round pick, as well as a 2021 fourth-round pick, to acquire him."

Next season, Jamal Adams will hold the upper hand over Seattle for the same reason.

CB Ramsey leaves contract talk to agent, Rams

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Similar to Jamal Adams (not same), nice to think we can add Clowney to our team. But similar to Adams, there just isn't enough cap space. All of our the remaining cap space should be targetted for Kittle. Getting Kittle extended is the highest priority now. nothing new.

Not to mention next off-season, we'll have a LOT of cap decisions to make as is. We can't add any more big ticket players now, Trent Williams was the last.

I would not be a fan of this. Clowney is not a great pass rusher. He is an elite run defender but why pay that kind of salary for an elite run defender. I just don't see this.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, and this coming season is very unpredictable because of COVID

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me it all depends on the contract. You can never have too much depth. He certainly wouldn't get the kind of contract he wanted.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To me it all depends on the contract. You can never have too much depth. He certainly wouldn't get the kind of contract he wanted.

No argument on depth but realistically Clowney isn't going to sign a 'cheap' contract. He won't come close to Dion Jordan's number, whatever that is? So yes you can say it depends on the Contract but.....

Our cap situation can't fit anybody 'significant' and is why we're adding Dion Jordan as depth. Nobody is jumping for joy over Jordan, but at the same time we all understand why.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument on depth but realistically Clowney isn't going to sign a 'cheap' contract. He won't come close to Dion Jordan's number, whatever that is? So yes you can say it depends on the Contract but.....

Our cap situation can't fit anybody 'significant' and is why we're adding Dion Jordan as depth. Nobody is jumping for joy over Jordan, but at the same time we all understand why.

Absolutely I have a my doubts he'll sign before the year starts. Honestly I'm fine with what they have.