• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Seahawks if Lynch retires?

Without lynch, how do the Seahawks end next season

• Losing season, no playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 or 2 seed and Lose in Super Bowl

• 0-16, I'm clearly a hater.

• Total voters

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch retires, how good are the Seahawks? They were clearly the class of the NFC this year (although that game against the packers required a lot of luck). Do they come back as favorites without their best offensive players? Say what you want about Russell Wilson, whether he is great or not, but Lynch has been a consistent force for Seattle every year. He is probably the second best runner in the league since I went to Seattle (behind AP).

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a huge hit to offensive production. D would still win them enough games to make the playoffs but not enough to get home field throughout. Out in 2nd round.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....I'm going all homer here and saying that Pete adapts the offense and the defense is still there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took the Cardinals over the Seahawks this year.

Carson Palmer is a bitch, but I mighta been right if he didn't get hurt. Still think the Seahawks could beat any team any given Sunday without Lynch. But they'd have to add some receivers and an OLineman or two to stay competitive for an NFC Championship. But I think that defense allows them a lot of wiggle room.

Once you make the playoffs every team has a chance. Every team with a GREAT defense has a better chance. I said 3-4 seed. But I think they'd be a WC. But I also wouldn't count them out. We need 14 options with this thread, in order to be precise.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really it's hard to say anything about how they'll finish next season if Lynch retires because they'll obviously have to make some moves on offense if that occurs. I'll say that if they didn't have him this year they probably would have been more like 10-6. So depending on who they played in the playoffs probably 1 or 2 wins and no Super Bowl.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to make any sort of prediction. I love Beast but the team will adapt if he does retire.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, they have talent at RB with the potential of Michael and the production in limited time with Turbin. The question that hasn't been answered is whether or not either or both backs collectively can carry the load for a full season in like production to Marshawn.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a snowballs chance that Lynch retires anyway.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a snowballs chance that Lynch retires anyway.

I agree, but he could. Running backs retire early very often. Lynch has a ring and has dominated the league for a while. What else is there for him to accomplish? His running style is a punishing one on defenders as well as himself. Getting out early might allow him to live a much more comfortable life. I understand it's a lot of money to let go, but would you rather have 25 million in the bank and the ability to walk without a cane throughout life or be worth 40 million and not be able to run around with your kids and be forced to use a cane? Personally. I'd take the 25 million route. When you have that much money there are other routes to making money as well.

I also think Lynch is irreplaceable. It'd be like taking megatron out of Detroit, AP out of Minny, or Murray out of Dallas.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he could. But he wont. There wouldnt be anyone for him to not talk to if he retires. (He'll play for the money though, not the onesided interviews and attention whoring.)

The Viks had a rookie QB, no AP and won two more games than last year. CJ has ZERO playoff wins and Murray's 'Boys got their first in forever by beating CJs Lions.

If Lynch played for a team with only a very good defense, his absence would mean more. But Seatles D is GREAT. With him gone, we'd find out what level of a QB Wilson really is.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he could. But he wont. There wouldnt be anyone for him to not talk to if he retires. (He'll play for the money though, not the onesided interviews and attention whoring.)

The Viks had a rookie QB, no AP and won two more games than last year. CJ has ZERO playoff wins and Murray's 'Boys got their first in forever by beating CJs Lions.

If Lynch played for a team with only a very good defense, his absence would mean more. But Seatles D is GREAT. With him gone, we'd find out what level of a QB Wilson really is.

Good retort, but you can't honestly believe Detroit is any good without megatron, Dallas is a contender without Murray, and Minny is better without AP. Wilson would have to prove something, but lynch is one of the very few running backs in the nfl that can regularly get 3-4 yards without the Oline opening any holes.

I also don't buy that lynch stopped answering questions because he was attention whoring. In fact, the reasons for him not answering questions might play into his decision to retire.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be its very own thread....

Detroit won't be moving from the realm of also rans to a contender because of Calvin. If the current group ever is to become a Division winner and make a move for the NFC, it'll be due to defense and a much improved Stafford. (Yeah, I know, I laugh at the thought of the second part too.). Calvin could very likely be cut by then. (I honestly don't think he makes it past 2016 unless he gives up money. Not restructure, give back.). Suh is much more important to the teams longterm success than CJ.

Dallas' top priority this offseason isn't Murray. It's Dez. They've built themselves a line that could be a benchmark for years. Murray would be wise to stay, but if he doesn't, Dallas can still compete for their division. Their defense will surely see talent added to it.
Idk if Minny is or was better without AP. but I think they're a team heading in the right direction. And that has nothing to do with a 30 year old RB. (If he's their running back, they'd be one step closer. But there are options.)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do?
Barry Sanders did, who else of substance has retired early at the TOP of his game.

Jim Brown did as well. I never said at the top of their game though. I would've brought up backs like Davis, Holmes, and mendenhall as well. Think of it this way, Lynch can keep playing until he walks everywhere with a limp, or he can quit early and walk normally. I'm not saying he will or won't, but he very well could quit. He has nothing left to prove.

Last edited by a moderator:

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown did as well. I never said at the top of their game though. I would've brought up backs like Davis, Holmes, and mendenhall as well. Think of it this way, Lynch can keep playing until he walks everywhere with a limp, or he can quit early and walk normally. I'm not saying he will or won't, but he very well could quit. He has nothing left to prove.

It is all good pal. I know we are both ultimate fans. Lynch has 8500+ Yards and is welllllll of HOF stats. I LOVE this guy, who give back and supports the inner-city struggles, but at the same time, says FUCK the man because I wont talk to you.

ML is very confusing to me. ML has my support, but I get the hate, or doubt.
How many of those guys (holmes, Davis, mendenhall) retired at the TOP due to non injury?????

If Lynch retired now ( Which I believe He will NOT) the only example is Barry Sanders, who I respect very much.:suds:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a huge hit to offensive production. D would still win them enough games to make the playoffs but not enough to get home field throughout. Out in 2nd round.

That's a huge hit. Russell is good but he needs the threat of a running game to play at his best. Given the division, they'll struggle to make the playoffs.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is his 'retirement' going to be an annual event. BFD!!!