• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers 425 EST/FOX

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's offense showed today that they have lost a step and need a bellcow bad. Is it gonna be Carson now that they see what they have at RB?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you are coming from, but the game is over. The Hawks couldn't run the ball and their O-line didn't give Wilson enough time to throw the ball. Yes I agree with you, there were some bad calls, but the Hawks can't do anything about that now. Game is over and it's on to next weekend.

For sure. We couldn't run at all. Green bay stuffed us all day on the run. Our O-line is bad and that's a huge problem. But despite all that we were in that game all day and all it takes is a couple bad calls to change the outcome of a game. Seattle has benefited from this too in the past so I'm not saying it's always against Seattle. None the less, can we all stop saying "good teams overcome bad calls"? That's nonsense, especially when you have two pretty evenly matched teams. The idea that the game is going to played fairly except one team will have to overcome bad call in order to win is asinine. And I'm not calling you out here Oldtimer, I'm saying that people in general should stop using that stupid saying. Instead we should hold officials accountable and they should be forced to explain why they made the calls they called in the same manner as players have to talk about their game in post game press conferences.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like TY, but I really question whether he's holding up for 16

Seems every game, hes' limping off....They should mix the Williams kid in just in case

My dynasty squad would appreciate that

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was your opinion on the non call on the Jimmy Graham throw at the back of the endzone?
It was PI. Seattle got away with one against Adams down the sideline earlier in the game that would have set Green Bay up inside the 15.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the loss, take satisfaction in knowing Rogers took a beating today. Anyone have stats on his sacks and hits?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was your opinion on the non call on the Jimmy Graham throw at the back of the endzone?
How about all the holding the Seahawk's DB's were doing the entire game?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the loss, take satisfaction in knowing Rogers took a beating today. Anyone have stats on his sacks and hits?
He was sacked 4 times in the first half but still threw for over 300 yards and a TD. Wilson was sacked 2 times and didn't throw a TD.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously given the OL the Seahawks would have to be a bit innovative. Planned roll outs, extra blockers, etc. Don't give me that bullshit that the Packers secondary is solid.

Like I said earlier your play caller is bad. Our secondary forces a ton of turnovers and will be much better this year if healthy.

You forget our #1 CB was lost for the season last year and our #2 and #3 cbs who had great rookie years in Randall and Rollins had a groin injury in week 2 both had surgery, were out for 6 games and we're never the same.

Now both those guys our healthy, we have Davon House who was the #3 bump and run CB in 2015 and the rookie Kevin King as the #5 CB. Our safety Tandem is the #2 rated tandem in the NFL according to pro football focus. Play calling would've helped a little but RW doesn't have enough protection or play makers to put up more than 20 on the pack even with great play calling

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was PI. Seattle got away with one against Adams down the sideline earlier in the game that would have set Green Bay up inside the 15.
Seattle gets away with more blatant defensive holding calls than any other team. That's how they roll.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have plenty of shit that needs cleaning up but was pleasantly surprised by their Defense which will surely be tested next week.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something that people have learned to say over the years but let me tell you something...it's stupid. Good teams are supposed to just allow bad reffing to take points off the board and then just overcome it? Bullshit. When refs make horrible calls that either take or give points they are effecting the game. A team shouldn't need to "overcome it". Here is a something you should realize, both Seattle and Green Bay are "good teams". Why should one side have to overcome anything to show they are more "good".

Reffing calls are always subjective so there's no way to get any consensus on this type of stuff, but today the refs called a phantom punch that ejected a starter, they called a ticky tack "block in the back" that took points off the board, and they ignored a mugging against Jimmy Graham that should have given Seattle first and goal at the one. That's 14 points that could have been effected, but the Hawks should "overcome" it because they are a good team? Crazy talk.

The refs also missed a pass interference penalty on Seattle in the hail.. Mary game a few years back. It just feels worse if a call is missed if you lose

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The o line is so bad they made the peckers look good. I doubt rogers lasts the whole season. His legs are already bad in the first game. A d tackle out runs him? Yeah, gb fudgepack never complains about the refs.

It sounds like you have some sour grapes. Pack have some stud pass rushers and can stop the run very well but your oline is trash and wouldn't even hold hold up at the college level. Rodgers was hurt more from Montgomery than anything. If anything RW will be injured like he was last season with that joke of an oline

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get too excited about that defense just yet, your team just played one of the shittier offenses in the NFC.

If they can shut down Atlanta next week your boys might be on to something.
What happened to the Patriot's defense against a pedestrian QB like Smith?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Homer glasses on so they don't see those.

You might be right. I see more stuff that doesn't help my team because I'm biased. That being said, how do you explain the articles on NFL.com, ESPN, and CBS sports taking about how the officiating was questionable today and helped the Packers?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like you have some sour grapes. Pack have some stud pass rushers and can stop the run very well but your oline is trash and wouldn't even hold hold up at the college level. Rodgers was hurt more from Montgomery than anything. If anything RW will be injured like he was last season with that joke of an oline

Our college level Oline allowed one sack, your Oline allowed 4.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right. I see more stuff that doesn't help my team because I'm biased. That being said, how do you explain the articles on NFL.com, ESPN, and CBS sports taking about how the officiating was questionable today and helped the Packers?
Give me a break, Seattle's DB's were holding the entire game.