• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ... Next week in Dallas will be a tough one for them for sure... Dallas is playing good football right now...

Good gravy, I can't believe I have to route for Dallas next week. Kinda makes me feel woozy and sick. I may barf. I'm gonna barf.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd CONSECUTIVE? Gimme a break. Not like it's a short trip either... 7 hour flight, EST time zone, and can be some nasty weather not many teams are accustomed to (humidity, high temps, outdoor stadium).

Gents. We have to play 8 road games a year, 5 of them outside of the division.
Looking at our results against Carolina, we should endorse all games against them including road games.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's so funny about it? Both of these guys have sucked since they've been here.
Remind us of how many sacks Bruce had as a rookie.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not part of the coaching staff. Fans being too confident do not ever lead to team losses.

If Dole can talk about how the Raiders are going to punch the Seahawks in the mouth then I certainly can talk about how pathetic they are. It's all fair game. Especially on the Seahawks board.

And any team in the league with 6 or more games in and no wins are by definition hapless.

I expect the Raiders to give us a hard time like they usually do. Every team seems to ratchet it up a notch when playing us this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any NFC west team finishing above 11 wins. Injuries have mounted and everyone has flaws. And then there's the parity between Arizona the 9'ers and Seattle.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly game as usual. Benjamin owned Sherman yesterday no matter how you look at it. Wilson looked awful for the most part. Run defense is still blah. Pass rush,,,,,yuck. I cant wait until we lose Irvin. Yeah he had the two sacks but wasn't heard of until then except for the penalties. Yes we won, but man did it look bad. This team is in trouble this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a fast idiot ... lol ... If he can get the rush on the edge like that he might be about something... No doubt he has the athletic ability...

I think you may have just described the Jets' entire set of skill players. . .

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly game as usual. Benjamin owned Sherman yesterday no matter how you look at it. Wilson looked awful for the most part. Run defense is still blah. Pass rush,,,,,yuck. I cant wait until we lose Irvin. Yeah he had the two sacks but wasn't heard of until then except for the penalties. Yes we won, but man did it look bad. This team is in trouble this year.
:L
10 AM road game. We used to always find ways to lose those type of games. 80 yard game winning drive when we needed it.
Having to start our #4 C, #4 CB, #2 MLB who went out of the game-then the #3 went out for a while.
Some of us are spoiled and can easily find flaws in victory.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On sherman getting owned, benjamin got one long pass that could have been an int. Those plays have not been going our way this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the doom and gloom after this game. Was it pretty? No, of course not. Have some of you forgotten the middle of last season when pretty much all of their games were ugly and they had two come backs down 3 scores, one against a fairly bad team at the time?

East coast 10am games are the biggest challenge for all west coast teams. We weren't going to surprise Carolina in this one as we have played them there the last 3 years now. Newton was healthy and we all saw how elusive he is. And they have a legit defense.

This wasn't barely beating some lower ranked team at home or something. That is a team fighting for the division. And every time we play them it ends up in the same kind of game.

Was there things that weren't great in that game? Of course. You got out of there with a win and come home for the next two games where even with injuries and not playing perfect ball you have two teams you really should beat anyway.

Over that same span the 9'ers get the Saints on the road and Arizona gets Dallas on the road. Just hold serve at home and you have a legit chance to gain on zona and scoot right past the 9'ers. Things will be looking a whole lot better.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh please stop will ya?
Zero TD's allowed.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small trend I noticed from today's game - Norwood and Richardson being in the game and contributing. That will be a trend we'll need going forward.

Yup. I love what I see from both. Richardson has all the bells and whistles, but I think Norwood definitely has a little Bobby Engram in him.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the doom and gloom after this game. Was it pretty? No, of course not. Have some of you forgotten the middle of last season when pretty much all of their games were ugly and they had two come backs down 3 scores, one against a fairly bad team at the time?

East coast 10am games are the biggest challenge for all west coast teams. We weren't going to surprise Carolina in this one as we have played them there the last 3 years now. Newton was healthy and we all saw how elusive he is. And they have a legit defense.

This wasn't barely beating some lower ranked team at home or something. That is a team fighting for the division. And every time we play them it ends up in the same kind of game.

Was there things that weren't great in that game? Of course. You got out of there with a win and come home for the next two games where even with injuries and not playing perfect ball you have two teams you really should beat anyway.

Over that same span the 9'ers get the Saints on the road and Arizona gets Dallas on the road. Just hold serve at home and you have a legit chance to gain on zona and scoot right past the 9'ers. Things will be looking a whole lot better.

No offense bro, but I don't get the doom and gloom in the middle of the game. You had zero confidence in our O to put together a drive to win the game. As a fan, you know this game lasts 4 quarters. We are never dead til the fatty starts singing.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long pass to Benjamin was just a great play by him. You have to tip your cap to a guy when he brings that pass down.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I love what I see from both. Richardson has all the bells and whistles, but I think Norwood definitely has a little Bobby Engram in him.
Yes, both played well from what I can tell. No drops either IIRC and they both contributed in the final drive.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long pass to Benjamin was just a great play by him. You have to tip your cap to a guy when he brings that pass down.
No doubt. Sherm was right there and under double coverage a great catch was made. Damn near an INT.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
10 AM road game. We used to always find ways to lose those type of games. 80 yard game winning drive when we needed it.
Having to start our #4 C, #4 CB, #2 MLB who went out of the game-then the #3 went out for a while.
Some of us are spoiled and can easily find flaws in victory.

:agree:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep... Because it was thrown into double coverage against the 2 best cover guy's in the NFL... He just flat out made a great catch ... It happens...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you told me that we would be 4-3 with the mounting of injuries on defense, not being able to force turnovers, not getting a whole lot of pressure on the QB and stupid penalties at crucial moments I would call you crazy. Yet here we stand with lots of football too be played. Yesterday was an ugly game but good teams find ways to win them, and the Hawks did. I feel good today knowing our defense will come back healthy which means our turnover production will go up, Miller will be back to help out the blocking on the o-line and Harvin is still not on this team. Carolina was a must win and they got it so I feel a run on wins are about to come our way.