• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons (Divisional Round)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the exact reason why I said a shakeup might be in need. With the players we have now and the schemes we use, the defense first philosophy isn't working. Why cant we have or wish for a better offense? There is definitely room for improvement there. You state that the team will never have a balance under this staff, doesn't that seem like a problem to you? The team is sliding. We are now a Wildcard team instead of an elite team. We are the team that the elite teams beat now.
No it does not seem like a problem.

I really can't understand how some of you just don't get that this is the best team this franchise has ever had. Even as it stands right now today. And it's not even close for the next best team (under Holmgren).

I am NOT in any way, shape, or form inclined to blow it all up because of you want an offensive first mentality and are willing to give up everything we have built to get that. I believe with every ounce of my being that doing that would make this team go back to the same level we were prior to Holmgren. There is no part of me that thinks changing HC right now would end up improving this team. I seriously don't get that mind set at all.

10 wins that easily should have been 12 if Earl hadn't gone down. 1 win short of the 2 seed. That's with this shit offense you all seem to hate so much.

THIS TEAM IS STILL CLOSE TO SUPERBOWL LEVEL. Making massive changes would ENTIRELY END THAT. PERIOD.

No thank you.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without some kind of change this team will continue on the same path of winning a garbage division only to have early exits in the playoffs. I would rather something be done about it than to just be content with it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without some kind of change this team will continue on the same path of winning a garbage division only to have early exits in the playoffs. I would rather something be done about it than to just be content with it.

How are you arriving at that conclusion?

Do we not have?

1. Richest owner in Football?
2. First class facilities?
3. One of the best GM's and drafting staffs in the NFL?
4. A coach players WANT to play for?
5. A top flight QB who is ONLY NOW entering his prime?

What leads you to believe that Seattle is on some kind of downward spiral?

Look, let's say that Green Bay loses to Atlanta in the NFCCG, don't all your criticisms fit THEM too? Rodgers hasn't won another Lombardi in a LOOOONG time. McCarthy has had his team in the playoffs, but has underachieved.

Shouldn't THEY blow it all up and start over?

When NE didn't win another Lombardi for YEARS until Butler bailed their asses out, shouldn't THEY have blown it all up and started over?

What trait do most long term successful pro sports teams share?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if our offense falls in the rankings again and we finish 8-8?

at what point do we say enough is enough and fire the offensive coaching staff? with a good QB and weapons on offense, we shouldnt be so bad.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Falcons -- played better than we did most of that game and deserved to win. There were about 3 or 4 opportunities in that game to make huge momentum type plays and our team just didn't have it. Hopefully Atlanta can finish off GB.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if our offense falls in the rankings again and we finish 8-8?

at what point do we say enough is enough and fire the offensive coaching staff? with a good QB and weapons on offense, we shouldnt be so bad.

What's the context? Is it injuries and the like? Or has Pete lost the room, and factions are forming behind the scenes? 8 and 8 can be a lot of different things.

AGAIN, I don't have a problem with making changes. If Paul Allen decides that he's going to make the best young minds in pro-football incredibly rich men, and is going to gas P+J, then go nuts.

I also however trust that Allen is a pretty smart fucking dude, and understands intrinsically that panic and making change just to make change are hallmarks of sub-par organizations.

If he WANTS to make a change, and has a plan to carry it out, then full steam ahead.

If he trusts in what he's built, going from NFL Siberia to one of the top five destinations in the NFL, then I'm going to trust in him, and the PEOPLE HE'S HIRED to navigate through the storm.

Fans are incredibly short-sighted, and have the attention span of gnats.

They should never be consulted on anything, ever.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans are incredibly short-sighted, and have the attention span of gnats.

They should never be consulted on anything, ever.
When coaches start thinking like fans, they'll become one.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it cannot be while we are still winning double digit games and at least 1 playoff win every year, as we have for the past 5.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you arriving at that conclusion?

Do we not have?

1. Richest owner in Football?
2. First class facilities?
3. One of the best GM's and drafting staffs in the NFL?
4. A coach players WANT to play for?
5. A top flight QB who is ONLY NOW entering his prime?

What leads you to believe that Seattle is on some kind of downward spiral?

Look, let's say that Green Bay loses to Atlanta in the NFCCG, don't all your criticisms fit THEM too? Rodgers hasn't won another Lombardi in a LOOOONG time. McCarthy has had his team in the playoffs, but has underachieved.

Shouldn't THEY blow it all up and start over?

When NE didn't win another Lombardi for YEARS until Butler bailed their asses out, shouldn't THEY have blown it all up and started over?

What trait do most long term successful pro sports teams share?

Do we not have?

1. Richest owner in Football? - Yes
2. First class facilities? - Yes
3. One of the best GM's and drafting staffs in the NFL? - Last 2 drafts have been awful
4. A coach players WANT to play for? - Do they? I don't think everybodys on board anymore.
5. A top flight QB who is ONLY NOW entering his prime? - Who just had his worst year with injuries and accuracy. Offense line help would be neat before he gets killed, but wait,,,,

Carroll suggests Seahawks don't need to upgrade O-line

Pete thinks the line is just fine. Nobody see's a problem here?

As for Green Bay, I don't follow them very closely and am unaware of their issues. All I can tell you about them is they were decimated with injuries this season and they absolutely beat the crap out of us and would have again in the playoffs. They also have a QB that's good enough that when he says relax and they can run the table, they usually do. I don't know the coaching carousel story either with McCarthy and his staff.

With NE, you mean when Pete and Bevell bailed them out but that's here nor there. The difference with McCarthy and Belechick is that they adapt when needed. Pete so far as shown no such ability and is still running the team with the tired philosophy of doing just enough on offense and letting the defense take up most of the slack. Well, its harder to win now because our defense isn't elite anymore and the offense cant compensate.

Regardless, nothings going to change and we'll be no better off next year than we were this season and probably worse, but if I were Paul Allen, I would contact McDaniel as soon as he was available and offer him the world so that we can move on while the team still has talent.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When coaches start thinking like fans, they'll become one.

Agree... Here are Carroll's comment's today to fans who continue to criticize Bevel...

“I’m sorry to say this, but they don’t know what they’re talking about, OK?” Carroll said. “Sorry. They don’t know what they’re talking about. Darrell does a great job.”

Asked if he expects the rest of Seattle’s coaching staff back next year, Carroll said: “Yes, best we can do.”

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we not have?

1. Richest owner in Football? - Yes
2. First class facilities? - Yes
3. One of the best GM's and drafting staffs in the NFL? - Last 2 drafts have been awful
4. A coach players WANT to play for? - Do they? I don't think everybodys on board anymore.
5. A top flight QB who is ONLY NOW entering his prime? - Who just had his worst year with injuries and accuracy. Offense line help would be neat before he gets killed, but wait,,,,

Carroll suggests Seahawks don't need to upgrade O-line

Pete thinks the line is just fine. Nobody see's a problem here?

As for Green Bay, I don't follow them very closely and am unaware of their issues. All I can tell you about them is they were decimated with injuries this season and they absolutely beat the crap out of us and would have again in the playoffs. They also have a QB that's good enough that when he says relax and they can run the table, they usually do. I don't know the coaching carousel story either with McCarthy and his staff.

With NE, you mean when Pete and Bevell bailed them out but that's here nor there. The difference with McCarthy and Belechick is that they adapt when needed. Pete so far as shown no such ability and is still running the team with the tired philosophy of doing just enough on offense and letting the defense take up most of the slack. Well, its harder to when now because our defense isn't elite anymore and the offense can compensate.

Regardless, nothings going to change and we'll be no better off nest year than we were this season and probably worse, but if I were Paul Allen, I would contact McDaniel as soon as he was available and offer him the world so that we can move on while the team still has talent.

And if Allen figures that McDaniel is all that and a bag of chips, then I'm on board.

The point is that GOOD franchises, that have a long period of success don't make changes willy-nilly. Feel free to go into the GBay threads if you're bored,and find fans there losing their minds about Mike McCarthy and their D coordinator when G-bay was looking up at Detroit and HAD to run the table just to make the playoffs.

When NE goes a half decade losing out in the biggest games, after earlier success, Kraft doesn't panic and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The team IS attempting to transition to being Wilson's, and being more dynamic on O. That worked fucking GREAT least season when Wilson started getting rid of the ball quicker, and he and Baldwin went on their historic tear.

That was SUPPOSED to continue this year, but then everything got fubared in week one with the first injury to Wilson, and the O-line regressed.

But let's not pretend that Pete didn't make fucking adjustments, because that's simply revisionist history bullshit.

They've figured out (knock on wood) 3/5 of the O-line. If Fant continues to develop, like they think he can, it'll be 4/5 of the O-line. Of course there could be setbacks moving forward, but that's ALWAYS true.

And, AGAAAAAAAIN, what traits do all successful NFL teams share? The Giants and Packers and Steelers and Patriots of the world?

CONTINUITY.

They make changes, but they don't make them without a LOT of thought.

Pete has done nothing BUT change stuff since he's been here, starting with the way he handles players. Lots of fans here continue to parrot that Lynch was everything, but he'd been shitty at short yardage (thus 'the' CALL) for a year and a half before he was done here.

Carroll and Bevell adjusted to that, and came within a yard of doing something no other NFL team has done in decades, win back to back superbowls.

And now, our fucked up spoiled fans want to fire everybody.

It's so sad it's fucking hilarious.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McDaniel's HC record:

3 and 9

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. One of the best GM's and drafting staffs in the NFL? - Last 2 drafts have been awful.

th

Last year's draft was money... I don't know what you're talking about... For a team of the Hawks stature to have played 7 rookies this year, while giving a lot of them significant time is very rare in the NFL... 9 of the 10 are still part of the Hawks organization... I'd say that's one helluva draft...

upload_2017-1-16_17-18-27.png

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Allen figures that McDaniel is all that and a bag of chips, then I'm on board.

The point is that GOOD franchises, that have a long period of success don't make changes willy-nilly. Feel free to go into the GBay threads if you're bored,and find fans there losing their minds about Mike McCarthy and their D coordinator when G-bay was looking up at Detroit and HAD to run the table just to make the playoffs.

When NE goes a half decade losing out in the biggest games, after earlier success, Kraft doesn't panic and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The team IS attempting to transition to being Wilson's, and being more dynamic on O. That worked fucking GREAT least season when Wilson started getting rid of the ball quicker, and he and Baldwin went on their historic tear.

That was SUPPOSED to continue this year, but then everything got fubared in week one with the first injury to Wilson, and the O-line regressed.

But let's not pretend that Pete didn't make fucking adjustments, because that's simply revisionist history bullshit.

They've figured out (knock on wood) 3/5 of the O-line. If Fant continues to develop, like they think he can, it'll be 4/5 of the O-line. Of course there could be setbacks moving forward, but that's ALWAYS true.

And, AGAAAAAAAIN, what traits do all successful NFL teams share? The Giants and Packers and Steelers and Patriots of the world?

CONTINUITY.

They make changes, but they don't make them without a LOT of thought.

Pete has done nothing BUT change stuff since he's been here, starting with the way he handles players. Lots of fans here continue to parrot that Lynch was everything, but he'd been shitty at short yardage (thus 'the' CALL) for a year and a half before he was done here.

Carroll and Bevell adjusted to that, and came within a yard of doing something no other NFL team has done in decades, win back to back superbowls.

Concur on the continuity and "staying the course" approach. Before we hosed up the end of SB49, it had been 10 years since NE won a title. They pretty much kept at it for that decade believing in what they were doing and not overreacting like many fans may have. Same for GB. All world Aaron Rodgers (not meant sarcastically) has been to exactly 1 SB, and it was 6 years ago. He may very well get to another one here in a couple weeks, but it's not because of a bunch of knee jerk decisions the past 5 years.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My lord, they were still running the read option with Wilson being hurt. I cant get on board with you about the offense changing this season. Seemed like they reverted back to old scheme and kept running headlong into a brick wall. You watched the games. You know how atrocious it was.

22 million dollar franchise QB and somebody thought it would be a good idea to have a basketball player protect his blindside. I think we might have 1/5th of it figured out.

CONTINUITY.

Hey if Pete can adapt and be willing to see where issues lie, I'm all for it, but he's already being stubborn with the line and saying how great Bevell is. Makes me wonder.

Lol. That call was the reason we didn't win back to back superbowls and its pretty evident the team hasent recovered from it yet either. I doubt they ever recover from it. I'm just shocked that you talk about the play as a some sort of positive thing. It was a complete failure.

Last edited:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scoring more TDs in the redzone would have made a much bigger difference, so how do you explain our pathetic redzone D? Is it lack of personel? Is it the defenses fault? Are they intentionally failing and prefer FGs?

Whats the problem?
No chance it could be the QB?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its wilson, what is it about him? Is he not running bevells offense right? Is he not throwing to graham on purpose?

1 target inside the 10 for graham all year? How do we explain that?