• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah .a LF....yeah..same as pitcher...maybe with.
A bit more... urgency....but they could wait..for..
May...or..July..while trying options.....but .you would like..to stay..safe..the point..is...

It's there..option....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We..would know when it came to stats ..and team mates will know as well..

Most of the time...team mates will try to come cover..an obvious weakness ...and/ or play it in a way..that is more .advantageous..

By may or june..you would know....if a trade..was needed...

The better...way ..just . Get a guy know..
With Kelenic and trammel..at..bench guy .

I know Moore and a back up..1base...but what the if he is out....why I like kirilloff..plus a 250 ave...lololo

But..that is just..me...lololoo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood I think about a trammel kirilloff trade .
Yeah I would....cuz..trammel could use.some..
Advanced .hit training...yeah...prob with a pitcher

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some times .you just need things explained..in a different way...christ...gives us examples..of the same thing..

If you know..it..ok..if you don't...seek..and find..

Mostly. ..love yourself..love others .sure...

I have no..probs..with that ..

.it's just the translation.,.sometimes ..maybe....lolololololl

Some scientific...alalasis..comes .down to .

Do the best you can..for yourself...and want .
The best you can .for .everyone .else .

But that is enough...lololo

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except it you have..not figured..out..how..ulmax..
Got enchanted...there.
Is a clue....love...such sweet..ambrosia...
Drisiac...whaa..what happend.......

Lolo...

As the baseball..turnes....

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the techncallitys are beyond me...
But I comes down to..a fruity,...ent..( like in lord of the rings ..)..an apple tree .in this case...

Got cought...in a love .song ..ten feet tall....

So long Doug ten .apple ..and thanks for your
Help...

Lilolololoo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny start thinking..as..he started his march
Finally homeward bound .

An explanation..of enchantment ...but .still.an ulmax .problem ...and .it's an annoyance..but
No more .than a child...what..

Ahhhh,...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..I guess..I'll stop..by and..chat..with ole..
Daniel..booner.....(.patterns after One of my brother in laws..first one really..lol..crieg..before of Missouri..know.ive lost touch...but still wish him well)
On east side..over there..on the way..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming up on..the homestead..of Danial booner
Johnny could see a person...setting on the porch
In a slight afternoon breeze....
Daniel.booner...said..well..if and it is not...Johnny..what can I help..with .,.this time .

A smile came to Johnny s tace...well...I thought..
I would stop..and chat a bit..about ulmax..
And him being .enchanted ..

Ohhhh yes..I remember that...said booner..
Well .......

Seems he got enchanted..from..love..enchantment..

Booner...started...lauphinh the likes ..of..unbeliveable..

Johnny..:
Mr booner....
Sorry Johnny...it's Just..
Who has not ..under a love enchantment....

Johnny..gave booner..a look like..he knew something..that..Johnny..did not....

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean..Mr booner...

Well..Johnny..things happen..just from..happening..sometimes....does not..take
Enchantment...although..I understand..what..
You are talking about...

And the explanation..seems good...enough.

The only question..is Johnny...

What are you...going to do know...
Johnny
Well.....I guess I see what..you mean....

Well I'm on my way back home..and..I'll..
Stop by..when I can...and let..you know..

What I come up with....

Fair enough...Johnny..
Happy..tornado...to you son.....
Johnny...whaaat..

Booner.....

Hahahahalololllo

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say .....the top 4 guys...would have fit the mariners...
I disagree.....after assembling a list...

And checking it maney times......a guy over 30; just does not fit..for me going forward..
And this is for 6 or 7 years..

A guy like..wong even at 32 does fit .cuz..He has 1 year....and even..an other year..if he has a good year..

He is a good defender..and a good right hand hitter..anyway.

Good enough.for know .
Till ,the mariners can grow.some of there own..
The problem with guys like Wong and Teoscar is that it shows for the foreseeable future we are looking at 1 year rentals which was the exact opposite of what DIPoto said if likes. If chemistry is so important to the Mariners and he says, that is very hard to achieve with rentals.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Management/ownership wouldn't guarantee the 3rd year while Brewers made it a team option. That was the difference. So for people who get mad at fans that complain M's won't spend, this is exactly what happened here. Now they have to use trade capitol (not much I agree) to obtain a guy for one year instead of three. So Mariners and so to the point...cheap, cheap.
Honestly I think the trade was a net positive, but it would've been nice if we had just signed him a few years ago. Especially because I'd imagine that Winker would have to be worth something given his past production we could've flipped him for someone else.

I find it kind of ironic that the Mariners traded two guys we received in bad trades for Wong.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read that from Pirates. What I saw was they were in no hurry to trade him now or later. But who wants an unhappy guy on their team (see Winker). They will trade him. Probably sooner than later so they can remove the distraction. It was said they offered him a deal and he moved on.

This was the statement they released:

“While it is disappointing, this will have zero impact on our decision-making this off-season or in the future. Our goal is to improve the Pirates for 2023 and beyond. With three years remaining until he hits free agency, Bryan remains a key member of our team. We look forward to him having a great season for the Pirates.”

Doubt it really means anything but considering they wanted Julio in a trade package for him, I'm not sure if we have the prospect capital to realistically land him. I do agree they probably will trade him because it's not good for a clubhouse to have a guy on the roster who wants out.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellinger and Conforto are reportedly going to be expensive but short term.
I'd imagine both land one year deals. I can't imagine that a one year commitment to a guy coming off an injury (Conforto) or a former star (Bellinger) could exceed even a cheap Mariners budget.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think the trade was a net positive, but it would've been nice if we had just signed him a few years ago. Especially because I'd imagine that Winker would have to be worth something given his past production we could've flipped him for someone else.

I find it kind of ironic that the Mariners traded two guys we received in bad trades for Wong.
Winker had to go so that alone is a win, but are we better? Not yet. And yes I found that ironic as well. I remember so many fans talking about how both were just great trades at their respective times. Uh not so much.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my rebuttal is still the same, they need to quit pretending they are a small market team. They should be hovering within striking distance of the luxury tax.
Thousand percent agree with you. Was just trying to see the logic they're trying to implement here.

I've stressed this before but given the money in Seattle/Bellevue these days, they can realistically charge whatever the hell they want for tickets/concessions and people will pay it (speaking from personal experience). Operating under the assumption we're a small/mid market team is a joke considering that the Mariners fanbase includes people in Montana/Idaho/Alaska and Oregon.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was the statement they released:

“While it is disappointing, this will have zero impact on our decision-making this off-season or in the future. Our goal is to improve the Pirates for 2023 and beyond. With three years remaining until he hits free agency, Bryan remains a key member of our team. We look forward to him having a great season for the Pirates.”

Doubt it really means anything but considering they wanted Julio in a trade package for him, I'm not sure if we have the prospect capital to realistically land him. I do agree they probably will trade him because it's not good for a clubhouse to have a guy on the roster who wants out.
Ya I corrected myself in a later reply.

Some baseball people mention we could with Brash, Kelenic (I actually typed Winker before correcting...lol), Ford, and Emerson. Maybe would have to also include #30 pick.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and read the comments from the Pirates. You are right on what they said, but I see that more as letting other teams know they don't have to trade him but everyone knows it is almost inevitable at this point. Nice call on this though. I missed it.
Oops, sorry. I was responding to responses in the order I received them. So ignore my response with the quote from the Pirates lol.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thousand percent agree with you. Was just trying to see the logic they're trying to implement here.

I've stressed this before but given the money in Seattle/Bellevue these days, they can realistically charge whatever the hell they want for tickets/concessions and people will pay it (speaking from personal experience). Operating under the assumption we're a small/mid market team is a joke considering that the Mariners fanbase includes people in Montana/Idaho/Alaska and Oregon.
Not to mention increasing TV ad rates when you win.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t mind the Mariners taking a flyer either the 3 lefties but Bellinger and Conforto are expensive reclamation projects. I think the upside is high, but their floor IMO the Mariners already have. And it seems the FO is dead set on Moore and Haggerty platooning so it kind of is a waste spending that much money on those 2. And I know it isn’t popular but they do have the Kelenic problem, he either needs to be traded now or given a sink of swim 3 months starting next year.
Agreed. Only semi-related but does anyone have any idea why Bellinger fell off a cliff?

I actually kind of like Haggerty, but honestly the sample size is too small for me to be confident in him as a regular.

Regarding Kelenic, I think we're all on the same page here. He's a bust. I respect the Mariners beat writers a lot and they all think it would be premature to give up on Kelenic, but he has a strikeout problem that didn't get any better after we sent him to AAA. It's clear there's nothing we have been able to do that's able to remedy that. If he gets traded to another team and figures it out, I'd have a lot of respect for whatever organization was able to fix him.