• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Mariners 2022-2023 Offseason Thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my first...position payer..in the draft would be'.....yeah...he is more....of a..utility..pkayer...exactly....why....i would take him...as my first position player....say ...around..#30...

Cole
Carrigg
C/SS/OF, San Diego State

BioStatsNewsVideo
  • BATS
    S
  • DOB
    05/08/2002
  • THROWS
    • HT
      6' 3"
    • WT
    • TWITTER
      @CarriggCole
    • Video scouting report »
      Scouting grades: Hit: 55 | Power: 40 | Run: 60 | Arm: 60 | Field: 50 | Overall: 50
      Carrigg has been a starter for nearly all of his time at San Diego State, playing nearly every day as a freshman and then taking a big step forward by slashing .388/.426/.509 as a sophomore, earning first-team All-Mountain West honors. He dramatically improved his Draft stock by being one of the better hitters in the Cape Cod League, where he hit .329 and stole 15 bases.
    R
  • is a particularly intriguing prospect due to his athleticism and defensive flexibility to go along with his feel to hit. The switch-hitter tends to be a bit more in sync from the right side, but he shows an innate ability to make contact from both sides of the plate. He’s aggressive and has a solid two-strike approach, but more selectivity gives him the chance to be a better-than-average hitter. He showed some flashes of a little power this fall but hasn’t tapped into it in games as of yet.

A plus runner who can steal a base, Carrigg has shown ability at three up-the-middle positions. He’s natural in center field and has shown he can play a solid shortstop as well. But many scouts agree that his best value might come behind the plate, as a switch-hitting backstop whose plus arm and athleticism play well. Another strong spring could put Carrigg in first-round conversations.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at 6-3...i dont think there will be a power ...outage...with carrigg...quit the opasite...lolol..

they can play him..werever they want......lololo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next..on my list...if he hasa good year...at...#58.....i really like..his 55..control..

Hunter
Hollan
LHP, Arkansas

BioStatsNewsVideo
  • BATS
    L
  • DOB
    03/05/2002
  • THROWS
    L
  • HT
    6' 5"
  • DRAFTED
    2021, 15th (447) - MIL
  • WT
  • TWITTER
    @hollanhunter1
Video scouting report »
Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Curveball: 55 | Slider: 50 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 55 | Overall: 45
Hollan helped pitch San Jacinto (Texas) to the Junior College World Series in 2021 and 2022, turning down the Brewers as a 15th-rounder after his freshman season to return to the Gators...
He went undrafted last July because his stuff hadn't taken a big jump forward -- but that happened this fall after he transferred to Arkansas. He looked stronger and more athletic, putting him in position to be one of the first college southpaws selected if he can maintain those improvements during the spring.

Known more for his polish than his stuff at San Jac, Hollan averaged 87 mph with his fastball last spring before sitting at 93-94 and touching 97 with late life in shorter stints this fall. He also flashed three solid secondary pitches, the best of which is a downer curveball that also added power and now resides in the mid-70s. He utilizes a two-plane slider that parks around 80 mph and a firm mid-80s changeup with some tumble.

Hollan mixes his four offerings well and throws them all for strikes. He has an athletic delivery that he repeats well and a lean frame with room to add more strength. Even if he doesn't hold all of the power he added when he first arrived in Fayetteville, his high floor as a pitchability left-hander could land him in the third round.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on my lst as well....

Jake
Gelof
3B, Virginia..

Juaron
Watts-Brown
RHP, Oklahoma State

Alonzo
Tredwell
RHP, UCLA

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all need to pray that he is closer to Julio’s timeframe. From everything I read he is going to slot in as the number 1-3 prospect. I’ll admit I know zero about Miller but was listening to the Chuck and Buck’s podcast and evidently Miller has wowed enough scouts where will leapfrog Hancock when the new lists come out and possible leapfrog Ford to be either 1 or 2.
Brian Woo will definitely throw his name in the hat because he’s going to be a contributor this year in my opinion…

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last i heard...woo was at everett...but he could easly..be moved...to arkansas...which..i think..they will...
and dollard..to tacoma.....rienhart..will figure..in ..somewhere...he is good..

margalishis...
mcCougan...
dollard...
are guys i think will start at tacoma...so far..with..maybe..
thomas ..
and
berroa..
bull pen..

and belive..me they can start as well..a few times...lololol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah those...are..the players..that could make..a diff....for pitching...at the top lvls...

visius marge a lishius
mCcoughan

dollord..
campbell
berroa...

arkansas...

miller...
hancock...
kolek...

these 2 are at everett
woo...
rienhart...

move them..to arkansas....???...ok ..no probs..lollo

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were hopeing..jimmy joyce...could lead..the rotation..at everett....he still may...but mercedes..is there..as well..

joyce..
mercedes..
carlson....
kingsburry..

in here..is the end of..the first..wave..the second..starts..at modesto...lolol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for second wave...
raef...
Michael Morales 9
izzy..
ford..
gough..
Yeury Tatiz

and whoever..is drafted..in july....and international..guys..its hard to say..i like..

David Morillo 36...

but we will see

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no more time for 1st wave...starters....push them along...or go bull pen..

as the sun..rises.....

oohh yeah..that is..lord of the rings...ooopps...

CHARGE>>>>..........

lololol

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all need to pray that he is closer to Julio’s timeframe. From everything I read he is going to slot in as the number 1-3 prospect. I’ll admit I know zero about Miller but was listening to the Chuck and Buck’s podcast and evidently Miller has wowed enough scouts where will leapfrog Hancock when the new lists come out and possible leapfrog Ford to be either 1 or 2.
I heard somebody recently talking about Miller and it sounds like he is way better than the others. Hits high 90's easily and triple digits. I can't wait to see him in action.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Woo will definitely throw his name in the hat because he’s going to be a contributor this year in my opinion…

From the sounds of it, they got 4 SP in the minors that’s timeframe leaves them vying for a MLB opening day roster or an early call up. But they still got Flexen and Marco, so unless an injury happens none can really do anything to make them earn a the spot. I am truly wondering though with the success of Brash, how quick will they be into putting a starter into the bullpen role.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the sounds of it, they got 4 SP in the minors that’s timeframe leaves them vying for a MLB opening day roster or an early call up. But they still got Flexen and Marco, so unless an injury happens none can really do anything to make them earn a the spot. I am truly wondering though with the success of Brash, how quick will they be into putting a starter into the bullpen role.
I could see Woo as a RP, but if Hancock or Miller goes RP then they failed. I still see us trading one or both of Marco and Flexen before end of spring training. They are just waiting for teams to get more desperate to maximize return. I still think for all the chatter that Twins are best bet for one of them with Kepler coming back to us in some sort of deal. But its cheap as Mariners so who really knows. Would still love O'Neill back.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As any married man can attest to, you never have enough projects...

Mariners claimed RHP J.B. Bukauskas off waivers from the Diamondbacks.​

Bukauskas will get a change of scenery in Seattle after being designated for assignment last week by the Diamondbacks. The 26-year-old right-hander missed all of last season due to a teres major strain in his right shoulder and a hamstring injury that he sustained while rehabbing in the minors. He's a low-risk reclamation project for the Mariners.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Woo as a RP, but if Hancock or Miller goes RP then they failed. I still see us trading one or both of Marco and Flexen before end of spring training. They are just waiting for teams to get more desperate to maximize return. I still think for all the chatter that Twins are best bet for one of them with Kepler coming back to us in some sort of deal. But its cheap as Mariners so who really knows. Would still love O'Neill back.
But how long do you think it can go for there to be a market for Flexen or Marco? Every team knows the Mariners are kind of desperate to get rid of those two. From the sounds of it, Woo and Dollard should be ready to go as the 5th starter from the get go, Miller is borderline and Hancock needs to prove he can stay healthy. Just doesn’t seem like there has been a market for Flexen or Marco and I can’t see how a market will ever go on guys like them unless the Mariners eat a boat load of their contracts which is doesn’t seem they are willing to or at least 1 would be gone IMO.

I don’t necessarily think it means they failed if it is just for this year. But I am also the school of thought how the Mariners used Brandon Morrow back in the day where put him in the pen. I am in the minority and was wrong last year thinking the pen would take a step back but outside of Munoz and Brash it is still hard for me to think a bunch of unremarkable guys will continue to be the best pen (or as you pointed out regular season pen).

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how long do you think it can go for there to be a market for Flexen or Marco? Every team knows the Mariners are kind of desperate to get rid of those two. From the sounds of it, Woo and Dollard should be ready to go as the 5th starter from the get go, Miller is borderline and Hancock needs to prove he can stay healthy. Just doesn’t seem like there has been a market for Flexen or Marco and I can’t see how a market will ever go on guys like them unless the Mariners eat a boat load of their contracts which is doesn’t seem they are willing to or at least 1 would be gone IMO.
I don't see them being desperate at all and other teams probably don't as well. When will the market get better for those two? Spring training when teams figure out the guys they have won't cut it, injuries in ST, and even the middle end guys are off the free agent market. Remember we didn't make the Suarez deal until March. Plenty of time left.

I don’t necessarily think it means they failed if it is just for this year.
I do. Remember how last years temp move of Brash went? If you use him as a RP for the year, then he will need to be stretched out the next year. That to me is a fail. And ask around about Brash'strade value right now after a year of relief. Not high. Stick to the plan and let them start in Tacoma and call them up one at a time and give them some starts in Seattle.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They spelled Mariners wrong...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them being desperate at all and other teams probably don't as well. When will the market get better for those two? Spring training when teams figure out the guys they have won't cut it, injuries in ST, and even the middle end guys are off the free agent market. Remember we didn't make the Suarez deal until March. Plenty of time left.

I do. Remember how last years temp move of Brash went? If you use him as a RP for the year, then he will need to be stretched out the next year. That to me is a fail. And ask around about Brash'strade value right now after a year of relief. Not high. Stick to the plan and let them start in Tacoma and call them up one at a time and give them some starts in Seattle.
But I can’t ever see a market developing for the two unless the Mariners eat a chunk of their salaries. I guess we see it different, I think they are desperate to move both because I don’t think either are relievers. I don’t think it is nearly as hard to stretch someone out as they make it seem. It is what the entire winter is for and the winter is longer than spring training and that used to be the stretching out period.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I can’t ever see a market developing for the two unless the Mariners eat a chunk of their salaries. I guess we see it different, I think they are desperate to move both because I don’t think either are relievers. I don’t think it is nearly as hard to stretch someone out as they make it seem. It is what the entire winter is for and the winter is longer than spring training and that used to be the stretching out period.
Oh they may need to eat some salary. But what else are they going to spend money on?

Stretching out may be easy, but it takes time. Unless you want to blow out an arm, you have to do it slowly. Pitching 50 innings in relief will require them to step up to 100 then 150. That takes time. To go from 50 to 150 in a season isn't smart. Just saying.