• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle has only played 1 top 10 offense all year

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't this the exact same perspective Seattle fans post being critical of Denver's so called "soft schedule"?

Yes. Which is why I find it pretty funny that it seems to be ok to suggest that Denver's record setting offense was possible in part because they played a bunch of bad defenses, but ridiculous to suggest that playing bad offenses had any part in Seattle's great defensive stats.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont buy that KC was a top defense. I know that some are pointing to them as one of their markers against good defenses, but lets be real, anytime KC played a good offensive opponent, they got lit up.

You wouldn't, would you. They still ranked #5 in scoring D over the course of a season. That is a good defense.

They are a major reason why KC won 11 games. The offense was barely able to move the ball the first half of the season and Charles was 40% of all their scoring plays and yards the first half of the season.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listing them 1-4 does not give creedence to the caliber of passing offense Denver has.

They are the best passing offense the league HAS EVER SEEN.

They far outscored everyone else and averaged 10 PPG more in scoring than the #2 team Philly.

It's more like #1.............................................................................2,3,4.
:agree: Outstanding IMO. I have no dog in this fight really...only to to say if someone is going to post stats.....post them all and not what is going to stand out in one's favor.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't, would you. They still ranked #5 in scoring D over the course of a season. That is a good defense.

They are a major reason why KC won 11 games. The offense was barely able to move the ball the first half of the season and Charles was 40% of all their scoring plays and yards the first half of the season.

They did win 11 games. Against shit teams. Good teams mopped them up. They gave up 45 points in a playoff game for christ sake, the defense wasn't that great.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listing them 1-4 does not give creedence to the caliber of passing offense Denver has.

They are the best passing offense the league HAS EVER SEEN.

They far outscored everyone else and averaged 10 PPG more in scoring than the #2 team Philly.

It's more like #1.............................................................................2,3,4.
I would agree that Denver is in its own tier but I also think that Seattle's secondary is in its own tier, as well.

That said, its amazing how much passing matters in today's game. The top 10 passing teams almost reads like a list of the playoff teams. You have to be able to pass in today's NFL

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think both the broncos and seahawks suck and i have no idea how either of them got to the super bowl.

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that goes for if you count points AND it goes for if you count yards. That team is New Orleans who played at Seattle twice in the winter. The one team who is notorious for being bad in cold weather.

Here are the offenses Seattle has played.

Yards rank
32 - Tampa Bay
31 - Jacksonville
30 - St. Louis x2
28 - NY Giants
26 - Carolina
24 - San Francisco x3
22 - Tennessee
15 - Indianapolis
14 - Atlanta
13 - Minnesota
12 - Arizona x2
11 - Houston
4 - New Orleans x2

Points rank
32 - Jacksonville
31 - Houston
30 - Tampa Bay
28 - NY Giants
21 - St. Louis x2
20 - Atlanta
19 - Tennessee
18 - Carolina
16 - Arizona x2
T14 - Minnesota
T14 - Indianapolis
11 - San Francisco x3
10 - New Orleans x2

Buyer beware if you are picking them vs Manning and the Broncos.

Take a look at the preseason match between these teams

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question on this thread is the same as the logical one for the other. If SF didn't have to play Seattle twice what would the offensive stats have been? One poster said it wouldn't change unless they played them 16 times. :L lol. I mean changing 1/8 of your schedule doesn't have any impact at all right?

Same for the Saints. Their day was SO bad on that MNF game that it had a huge impact on their overall season stats. Remove that game and put in the average of the rest of their season and see where they rank.

The point is every team Seattle played had their offensive stats reduced because of playing them and not doing as well as they did against other teams and the same holds true for Denver's offense vs the rest of their schedule. Every one of those defenses had their numbers dropped because they played them.

This is why stats like that only go so far in a relatively small sample size of 16 games. With totally unbalanced schedules on top of that there isn't any clear use of them.

Both teams were the best at what they did this year and had nearly identical seasons because of it. We will see who will end up #1 next weekend.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at the preseason match between these teams

Wow, a week 2 preseason game? So because Seattle blew out guys that didn't even make the team at home it has some value? lol

What I got out of that game was watching Manning move the ball quite well. Seattle held him to just one TD, but how much of that game did he play? Yes, the 1's on both sides ended like 17-7 Seattle when they took out Manning, but that really doesn't compare to where they both are now.

Manning will move the ball, but can Seattle's stingy defense in the red zone keep them to FG's and can they create turnovers. If not to both of those they have a steep uphill climb.

Preseason he said. :laugh3:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is in the Super Bowl.

Seattle is in the Super Bowl.

Nothing else matters.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, a week 2 preseason game? So because Seattle blew out guys that didn't even make the team at home it has some value? lol

What I got out of that game was watching Manning move the ball quite well. Seattle held him to just one TD, but how much of that game did he play? Yes, the 1's on both sides ended like 17-7 Seattle when they took out Manning, but that really doesn't compare to where they both are now.

Manning will move the ball, but can Seattle's stingy defense in the red zone keep them to FG's and can they create turnovers. If not to both of those they have a steep uphill climb.

Preseason he said. :laugh3:

We actually pretty much agree here. And Hillman fumbled on the goal line on one of those 3 drives.

The only thing relevant you can take away from that preseason game is that Seattle's D is aggressive and can create turnovers and Peyton drove the length of the field 3 times in row.

Nothing we have not seen all season.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what the hell would we talk about all week then, cheerleaders?

:yahoo:
We could post about what idiot Disco,Rap,Old Fart band they have playing at the Half time this year....but cheerleaders are always fun to discuss if pics are included! I know that these two teams' fans will butt heads....have fun!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what the hell would we talk about all week then, cheerleaders?

:yahoo:

We could just hang out in the Erin Andrews thread and post more pics? :noidea:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could post about what idiot Disco,Rap,Old Fart band they have playing at the Half time this year....but cheerleaders are always fun to discuss if pics are included! I know that these two teams' fans will butt heads....have fun!

I guess the Red Hot Chili Peppers are approaching Old Fart status, but not yet.

Bruno Mars is not.