• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle has only played 1 top 10 offense all year

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if you want to get into useless stats the broncos only faced 1 top 10 defense all year too which was the 7-9 giants (#8) which didnt even make the playoffs.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another thing you can look at too denver has struggled against other offenses in the league splitting against the patriots and chargers. i guess you can count the eagles playing without kevin kolb or even the redskins.

but the seahawks beat the leagues top 10 defensive teams 7 times leading up to the superbowl.

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, a week 2 preseason game? So because Seattle blew out guys that didn't even make the team at home it has some value? lol

What I got out of that game was watching Manning move the ball quite well. Seattle held him to just one TD, but how much of that game did he play? Yes, the 1's on both sides ended like 17-7 Seattle when they took out Manning, but that really doesn't compare to where they both are now.

Manning will move the ball, but can Seattle's stingy defense in the red zone keep them to FG's and can they create turnovers. If not to both of those they have a steep uphill climb.

Preseason he said. :laugh3:

I don't remember Manning moving the ball well enough to satisfy me. He could not get it in the end zone and complete a drive and went out at half time frustrated I would assume. People knew at that time that these teams may meet in the playoffs and I think that a few indicators were displayed in the game. I'd be the first to say that pre-season doesn't mean much unless the team really looks sharp, which Seattle did all through preseason.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember Manning moving the ball well enough to satisfy me. He could not get it in the end zone and complete a drive and went out at half time frustrated I would assume. People knew at that time that these teams may meet in the playoffs and I think that a few indicators were displayed in the game. I'd be the first to say that pre-season doesn't mean much unless the team really looks sharp, which Seattle did all through preseason.

I believe he had 3 drives, one of which ended in a TD (moved the ball at will), one that ended in a turnover deep (again moved the ball well) and he ended the day 11/16 for 163y in only one quarter. If he has that kind of day this time even for a quarter it's not going to end well.

Of course preseason is preseason. There were injuries and coaches trying different things. There is nothing you can take from that game.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top pass offenses according to Football Outsiders would paint this matchup as a defensive struggle on both sides, btw. Top 4 in the NFL:

1. Denver
2. San Diego
3. New Orleans
4. San Francisco

We saw what Denver did against San Diego and we saw what Seattle did to NO and SF.

context....-Denver plays SD twice a year so they are familiar with each other and SD has a better QB than Seattle.

Seattle vs New O- N.O. has no running game and their passing game is pretty basic compared to Denver.

Seattle vs SF, = basically like watching 2 turtles beat each other up.
Seattle winning against Kaepernick isn't all that impressive in the long run.

...but maybe I don't understand what you mean ? I certainly don't think this game will be a defensive struggle...at least not today :noidea:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's going to be a lot of "oh you are underestimating (insert aspect) of our team" this whole week

Whether it's Denver fans feeling like Seattle is underestimating their defense or Seattle fans feeling like Denver fans are underestimating their offense (in this case the defense)...none of it matters

I think at this point both teams have proven enough in my mind and really all the dissection and over-analysis does nothing.

As for the OP questioning how legit the Seattle defense is. Name any top QB (except Peyton) and Seattle has beaten them. Brady, Romo, Rodgers, Brees, etc. It's no coincidence that these elite quarterbacks have all had games well below what they usually average when they face off against Seattle.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
140127-defensive-infographic-600-beauty.jpg

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget that practically all of the Hawks opponents also had to play elite defenses in SF, ARI, and even St.L. But now that you've posted this super informative list, now do one for all the defenses that Denver has played and show how us all how (un)impressive that is.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
context....-Denver plays SD twice a year so they are familiar with each other and SD has a better QB than Seattle.

Seattle vs New O- N.O. has no running game and their passing game is pretty basic compared to Denver.

Seattle vs SF, = basically like watching 2 turtles beat each other up.
Seattle winning against Kaepernick isn't all that impressive in the long run.

...but maybe I don't understand what you mean ? I certainly don't think this game will be a defensive struggle...at least not today :noidea:

Well seattle winning against the niners is very impressive actually. Denvers only threat in the afc was the chargers, the patriots were clearly not a threat but if denver had to play SF they would have had their hands full. There are three elite teams in the nfl, two are in the super bowl and seattle beat the other.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seattle winning against the niners is very impressive actually. Denvers only threat in the afc was the chargers, the patriots were clearly not a threat but if denver had to play SF they would have had their hands full. There are three elite teams in the nfl, two are in the super bowl and seattle beat the other.

SF and Seattle aren't remotely elite yet. They are just currently really good.

SF is closer to elite but haven't finished in 3 years of trying.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver didn't really play against the iron of the NFL either. They played Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston and Indianapolis. Same as Seattle. Manning lit up against these powerhouses. The Denver defense didn't really have to deal with the ground game because these guys were throwing to stay in the game.......Can anyone name the QBs?? Oh yeah, Andrew Luck was one and he beat the Broncos. The Broncos had six in their own division. Oakland, won't even go there. San Diego. Beat them early in the season but lost to them the second time at home. KC....we all know what happened there.....played all of the pretenders early and got smoked by average or better late in the season.

Seattle's defense is healthy and intact. They've played together all year. Most important, they're big, they're fast and they are tough. I'd love to see Welker try to set a pick on Sherman like he did on Talib. The bells in his head would never stop ringing.

You can make arguments for and against both the Denver offense and the Seattle defense. Come Sunday, one or the other is going to answer all of the questions. If the officials let this game be played as it should be played, by the rules.........it appears that Seattle may have the advantage against Denver. Great defenses have most often prevailed in the Super Bowl. If the officials make calls by the Goodell doctrine, Manning will throw for 750 yards and Denver will win 91-7.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forget KC, did you?

And if the Pats aren't elite, neither are the 49er's.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost all the teams you listed for Seattles schedule also had to play San Francisco and Arizona, in some cases 2 times each so when you play 3 of the top 6 defenses in the league its not going to look pretty. Add to that the fact that the Hawks NFC West division mates also played the NFC South where 2 of the other top 6 defenses resided ( Carolina and New Orleans ) you see that SF, St Louis and Arizona played 6 of their 16 games vs top 6 defenses and Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa and New Orleans played 5-7 games vs top 6 defense each. That will skew any statistical metric you want to use as it pertains to the offensive efficiency of Seattles opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost all the teams you listed for Seattles schedule also had to play San Francisco and Arizona, in some cases 2 times each so when you play 3 of the top 6 defenses in the league its not going to look pretty. Add to that the fact that the Hawks NFC West division mates also played the NFC South where 2 of the other top 6 defenses resided ( Carolina and New Orleans ) you see that SF, St Louis and Arizona played 6 of their 16 games vs top 6 defenses. That will skew any statistical metric you want to use as it pertains to the offensive efficiency of Seattles opponents.

Good post.

The oppositions reaction to it:

large.gif

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat Manning by deception and a pass rush. Seattle better be creative if they want a chance in this game. The one thing Seattle has going for them is their size in the secondary. Historically Manning has been bothered by taller corners. Look for Welker to have a huge game...10 catches for 145 and 2 TDs.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost all the teams you listed for Seattles schedule also had to play San Francisco and Arizona, in some cases 2 times each so when you play 3 of the top 6 defenses in the league its not going to look pretty. Add to that the fact that the Hawks NFC West division mates also played the NFC South where 2 of the other top 6 defenses resided ( Carolina and New Orleans ) you see that SF, St Louis and Arizona played 6 of their 16 games vs top 6 defenses and Atlanta, Carolina, Tampa and New Orleans played 5-7 games vs top 6 defense each. That will skew any statistical metric you want to use as it pertains to the offensive efficiency of Seattles opponents.
I think you made similar nonsensical arguments both times you picked the Chiefs to beat the Bronco's this year

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you made similar nonsensical arguments both times you picked the Chiefs to beat the Bronco's this year

I actually never picked the Chiefs to beat the Broncos. Ever. I said the Chiefs were good and they were. And if you dont understand what I wrote then thats on you. No one else seems to have a problem with reading comprehension.