• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle has only played 1 top 10 offense all year

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, silly me. I keep thinking points matter. I keep forgetting number of possessions and number of punts are what win games.

how do you not understand that when there are fewer possessions in a game you are going to score less points?? Is that complicated?

The best way to measure offensive efficiency on a per possession basis. In that way, the broncos have been more potent offensively.

Guess what! If there are fewer possessions that ALSO means the other team scores less, which has made it appear that the defense has improved in the postseason when really its must a matter of fewer possessions.

are you that thick that you can't understand this VERY basic concept.

the denver offense has been BETTER in the postseason than in the regular season.

of course they have scored less, they have had less opportunities to score! 14 possessions in two games is nearly the same as the league average for ONE game.

Yea points are what matter, but both teams will score far fewer points in a game that only has 8 possessions than in a game that has 12. I would ASSUME that is common sense to most people.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, do you not know sarcasm when you read it? Jesus, calm down. You can claim what you want about their offense and how they have controlled the ball, but I think this will be a different game. This is not the chargers or patriots defense. It is going to take points to win and whoever makes it over 24 has a very high chance of winning IMO. Playing keep away from NE makes sense, but maximizing your scoring potential against a defense like Seattle's is going to be more important. Now, should I go all crazy and insinuate you aren't very smart, or can I ASSUME you understand why I don't think their play against those other two teams means anything in this game.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, do you not know sarcasm when you read it? Jesus, calm down. You can claim what you want about their offense and how they have controlled the ball, but I think this will be a different game. This is not the chargers or patriots defense. It is going to take points to win and whoever makes it over 24 has a very high chance of winning IMO. Playing keep away from NE makes sense, but maximizing your scoring potential against a defense like Seattle's is going to be more important. Now, should I go all crazy and insinuate you aren't very smart, or can I ASSUME you understand why I don't think their play against those other two teams means anything in this game.

Except the point I am making has nothing to do with this game and everything to do with the comment that the "broncos offense has fallen off in the post season"

It doesn't matter how many scoring chances you get, it matters what you do with the chances (assuming the opposition has the same number of chances).

If the any team scores 4 points per possession in an 7 possession game they are almost always gonna win, even if that "Only" gets them 28 points. The opposing team also has less chances to score, which is why I don't think it matters.

Now the point is, they likely won't have such a low number of possessions vs seattle because there will be more short drives and punts than the last few weeks, which means more possessions. thats fine. I agree. But the point I'm making is not related to this weeks game.

Its related to the notion that the Broncos offense has "fallen off" in the postseason when in fact it has been better and more efficient

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the point I am making has nothing to do with this game and everything to do with the comment that the "broncos offense has fallen off in the post season"

It doesn't matter how many scoring chances you get, it matters what you do with the chances (assuming the opposition has the same number of chances).

If the any team scores 4 points per possession in an 7 possession game they are almost always gonna win, even if that "Only" gets them 28 points. The opposing team also has less chances to score, which is why I don't think it matters.

Now the point is, they likely won't have such a low number of possessions vs seattle because there will be more short drives and punts than the last few weeks, which means more possessions. thats fine. I agree. But the point I'm making is not related to this weeks game.

Its related to the notion that the Broncos offense has "fallen off" in the postseason when in fact it has been better and more efficient
There is no chance Denver fails to punt once in this game. I would bet my house on that. Denver will get yards and Manning will have a good game, but Seattle gets very stingy around the red zone and forces teams to kick FG's far more than TD's and they will get stops. How many is something we will not know until the game happens, but if I'm right then slowing the game down won't be as beneficial in this game as it was in prior ones. It will be in Seattle's advantage to slow the game down, not Denver's.

If you like Denver's offense far more than Seattle's then it makes sense to have it out there as many times as you can. That's what the Eagles offense is based on and all this uptempo stuff you see in college. Now I'm not saying Denver should go uptempo, but slowing the game down with the best offense in history doesn't make much sense unless you think the other teams offense is a threat. While many/most of us think our offense is far better than they are getting credit, it would appear none of you do. If that is true then a slow game favors the team with the weaker offense as they have less chances to screw up the game.

The reality is Denver is going to take what the defense is giving them. If Seattle shuts down the run (as they have done against most teams this year) then they will be passing a lot and not using up nearly as much clock. The only way they can run the clock down is if they have a rushing game and I really don't see them focusing on that. I expect Denver to live off the short/quick passing game with some shots down field here and there. I don't expect even to see much out of their screen game as Seattle is among the best in football at stopping screens.

I see this as a different game than what Denver played the last two weeks. Points are going to matter and both teams are going to need to maximize their chances. If Denver's strength is offense then it stands to reason they are going to want that ball often and score as fast as the defense is allowing them to.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is not the chargers or patriots defense. It is going to take points to win and whoever makes it over 24 has a very high chance of winning IMO.

Good point and I don't see Seattle scoring over 24 points.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no chance Denver fails to punt once in this game. I would bet my house on that.

i like seattle's defense and obviously this doesn't have a great chance of happening but i would give it 25 to 1 odds......not impossible. denver is very good at sustaining drives and if this game plays out as we think (both teams controlling the ball with long sustained drives), it wouldn't surprise me if each team only has 7 or 8 possessions. definitely reduces the odds of a punt happening.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough and why would you? It seems like mostly bored or idiotic fans of teams long since gone from the playoffs that are outraged at fans of either team feeling confident out their teams chances. We will all find out in two days which group was right. If your team beats us the way you believe they will I'll be the first to tip my cap. I can't imagine most of you won't do the same if it goes the other way.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough and why would you? It seems like mostly bored or idiotic fans of teams long since gone from the playoffs that are outraged at fans of either team feeling confident out their teams chances. We will all find out in two days which group was right. If your team beats us the way you believe they will I'll be the first to tip my cap. I can't imagine most of you won't do the same if it goes the other way.

Of course. And well said.

Same goes here, if the Seahawks are the better team and just plain outplay the Broncos, I will salute them as Champions because they deserve it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW

PFF Seahawks Stats

- In the postseason, Russell Wilson is just 2-of-12 for 21 yards on Play Action.
- Marshawn Lynch has forced 20 missed tackles on his 50 playoff rushing attempts, and has a league leading 140.4 Elusive Rating.
- Doug Baldwin’s 118.8 WR Rating this postseason ranks 6th among wide receivers. He has caught 8-of-10 targets for 136 yards.
- Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett have combined for 18 total pressures in two playoff games, and are ranked 1st and 2nd among 4-3 DEs in Pass Rush Productivity.
- Byron Maxwell has allowed just two catches for 39 yards across eight targets in the playoffs. Opposing quarterbacks have a 47.4 QB Rating against him. Richard Sherman has yet to allow a catch.

Upcoming Opponent: Denver Broncos

- Peyton Manning has a postseason Accuracy Percentage of 81.6 this year. However, the Broncos have dropped seven passes, more than any other playoff team.
- In 37 carries thus far in the playoffs, Knowshon Moreno has broken just three tackles, gained 1.92 yards after contact, and has a 14.4 Elusive Rating.
- Demaryius Thomas has lit it up this postseason, catching 15-of-20 targets for 188 yards and 2 TDs, good for a 137.1 WR Rating.
- Terrance Knighton’s 17.4 Run Stop Percentage and 10.8 Pass Rushing Productivity in this year’s playoffs rank 2nd and 1st respectively among DTs.
- In a small sample size, nickel corner Tony Carter has given up the most Yards Per Cover Snap (2.29) of any CB in the postseason. While that has come in just 24 cover snaps, Carter also gave up a generous 1.63 Yards Per Cover Snap during the regular season, 18th most out of 111 qualifying corners.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW

PFF Seahawks Stats

- In the postseason, Russell Wilson is just 2-of-12 for 21 yards on Play Action.
- Marshawn Lynch has forced 20 missed tackles on his 50 playoff rushing attempts, and has a league leading 140.4 Elusive Rating.
- Doug Baldwin’s 118.8 WR Rating this postseason ranks 6th among wide receivers. He has caught 8-of-10 targets for 136 yards.
- Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett have combined for 18 total pressures in two playoff games, and are ranked 1st and 2nd among 4-3 DEs in Pass Rush Productivity.
- Byron Maxwell has allowed just two catches for 39 yards across eight targets in the playoffs. Opposing quarterbacks have a 47.4 QB Rating against him. Richard Sherman has yet to allow a catch.

- Peyton Manning has a postseason Accuracy Percentage of 81.6 this year. However, the Broncos have dropped seven passes, more than any other playoff team.
- In 37 carries thus far in the playoffs, Knowshon Moreno has broken just three tackles, gained 1.92 yards after contact, and has a 14.4 Elusive Rating.
- Demaryius Thomas has lit it up this postseason, catching 15-of-20 targets for 188 yards and 2 TDs, good for a 137.1 WR Rating.
- Terrance Knighton’s 17.4 Run Stop Percentage and 10.8 Pass Rushing Productivity in this year’s playoffs rank 2nd and 1st respectively among DTs.
- In a small sample size, nickel corner Tony Carter has given up the most Yards Per Cover Snap (2.29) of any CB in the postseason. While that has come in just 24 cover snaps, Carter also gave up a generous 1.63 Yards Per Cover Snap during the regular season, 18th most out of 111 qualifying corners.

dont forget, Moreno has been playing recently with severely injured ribs

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont forget, Moreno has been playing recently with severely injured ribs

I didn't hand pick those. It was a copy and paste job from the newspaper site.

I did preface it with FWIW. I have been saying for days that stats won't win this game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW

PFF Seahawks Stats

Each of us will take what we want with these stats.
Some that stood out to me:
That is one lousy looking 2-12 on play action by Russell.
Look at Marhawn vs Moreno. One of the Denver fans today essentially said Seattle had no rushing advantage in this game. You will be proven wrong about that. Seattle should be able to limit Moreno in it's base defense.
Avril and Bennett, spectacular.
QB's are trying Maxwell instead of challenging Sherm. Pick you poison. Max has been incredible in coverage. Maxwell is adept at the INT also. He has a few as a mid season starter.
Seattle WR's seem to have better hands. I know Seattle's guys are solid at catching, Denver's? I'm not so sure.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice in both playoff games that their receivers have dropped quite a few and mostly they were perfectly thrown passes. I admit I only saw a few pieces of a couple of their games in the regular season so I don't know if this is just unusual or business as usual.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice in both playoff games that their receivers have dropped quite a few and mostly they were perfectly thrown passes. I admit I only saw a few pieces of a couple of their games in the regular season so I don't know if this is just unusual or business as usual.

No, that is common. It is also common for Manning to throw 2-3 right to the defense and most teams don't capitalize on it, but I am pretty sure LOB won't miss their opportunities.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that is common. It is also common for Manning to throw 2-3 right to the defense and most teams don't capitalize on it, but I am pretty sure LOB won't miss their opportunities.

Pretty sure both teams will have drops they might not otherwise have. This is the biggest stage in all of sports and both are going to have emotions running high. I could see Kearse or Tate dropping one they shouldn't either. The difference here is Denver throws so many more passes that of course the number of drops also goes up. I've been very impressed with the catching of all of our guys this year, but this is a different game on a different stage.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wonder if any of those haters from this week will come back and man up, or are they totally gone until next season?

We were called idiots for daring to point out what our team had done and what we thought would still happen. We were called far worse and had words put in our mouths and were trolled fairly hard by those who said we don't get a voice because our team never had a ring in the past. Well, they have them now. Do we get to have a voice now?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if any of those haters from this week will come back and man up, or are they totally gone until next season?

We were called idiots for daring to point out what our team had done and what we thought would still happen. We were called far worse and had words put in our mouths and were trolled fairly hard by those who said we don't get a voice because our team never had a ring in the past. Well, they have them now. Do we get to have a voice now?

Didn't you get the memo Wiz? the Hawks have to win TWO back to back to have any say.