• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle has only played 1 top 10 offense all year

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat Manning by deception and a pass rush. Seattle better be creative if they want a chance in this game. The one thing Seattle has going for them is their size in the secondary. Historically Manning has been bothered by taller corners. Look for Welker to have a huge game...10 catches for 145 and 2 TDs.

Many that have no idea how Seattle plays feel the same way you do. Yet, you are incorrect.
It is Denver that has one thing going for them, Mr. Manning.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many that have no idea how Seattle plays feel the same way you do. Yet, you are incorrect.
It is Denver that has one thing going for them, Mr. Manning.

no, statistics show Seattle's offense is mediocre as well.

yes Manning + better receivers plus a better offensive line etc

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton puts up 40 on them. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks contain him really well and win by 10 in a low-scoring game. That's why we watch.

But I think the stats are legit and make an interesting talking point. I suppose we could all go back to talking about what a D-bag Sherman is, but do you really want that?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, statistics show Seattle's offense is mediocre as well.

yes Manning + better receivers plus a better offensive line etc

OK well lets flip the script of this thread then. Seattles "mediocre" offense has faced

Carolina 2nd ranked D
New Orleans 4th ranked D ( 2x )
SF 5th ranked D ( 3x )
Arizona 6th ranked D ( 2x )
Houston 7th ranked D
NY Giants 8th ranked D
Tennessee 14th ranked D
St Louis 15th ranked D ( 2x )

- This means 13 of Seattles 18 games came vs teams in the top 50% of defenses in the league AND 10 games vs teams in the top 25% of defenses in the league. Denver currently ranks 19th in defense, in games vs teams in the bottom 50% of defenses in football Seattles offense is scoring 34.8 ppg. So its safe to assume that Seattle will likley score 31-35 points against Denver. Will that be enough to win?? Who knows. BUT those are the actual facts of the matter.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF and Seattle aren't remotely elite yet. They are just currently really good.

SF is closer to elite but haven't finished in 3 years of trying.
:scratch:

So Denver setting a bunch of offensive records doesn't put it in the elite category? So Seattle being considered one of the greatest defenses since the merger isn't considered being elite? We aren't exactly talking about sainthood here

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he had 3 drives, one of which ended in a TD (moved the ball at will), one that ended in a turnover deep (again moved the ball well) and he ended the day 11/16 for 163y in only one quarter. If he has that kind of day this time even for a quarter it's not going to end well.

Of course preseason is preseason. There were injuries and coaches trying different things. There is nothing you can take from that game.

I disagree, you can take something from the first half of the game and I just heard that Peyton was disturbed by that and took it out verbally on the team for not playing better. Also he said we could most likely meet again and to try to learn something from the loss.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

So Denver setting a bunch of offensive records doesn't put it in the elite category? So Seattle being considered one of the greatest defenses since the merger isn't considered being elite? We aren't exactly talking about sainthood here

what you are talking about is greatness...being elite is doing the same thing well and getting multiple championships for it in a 5 to 10 year period.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you are talking about is greatness...being elite is doing the same thing well and getting multiple championships for it in a 5 to 10 year period.

Outside of salary cap not many teams have done that.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Broncos but the Seattle defense is an obvious concern. Broncos offense is all-time great we know that. However that offense hasn't translated (predictably) in the playoffs. They are avg 25 points vs the #10 and 11 defenses in points (26th and 23rd in yds). Seattle is number 1 in both in an outdoor cold game (shouldn't be much of a factor but if it is any factor it benefits Seattle). You can't expect Broncos do score more than 25 points....infact they may be lucky to get 20.

What Broncos have going for them is their run D and the Seattle pass offense is mediocre....

Low scoring game is what I expect.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the Broncos but the Seattle defense is an obvious concern. Broncos offense is all-time great we know that. However that offense hasn't translated (predictably) in the playoffs. They are avg 25 points vs the #10 and 11 defenses in points (26th and 23rd in yds). Seattle is number 1 in both in an outdoor cold game (shouldn't be much of a factor but if it is any factor it benefits Seattle). You can't expect Broncos do score more than 25 points....infact they may be lucky to get 20.

What Broncos have going for them is their run D and the Seattle pass offense is mediocre....

Low scoring game is what I expect.

Actually, although they aren't scoring as much, the Broncos offense has been more efficient in the playoffs than it was during the season. They are actually averaging more points per possession. The reason they aren't scoring as many points is because they've slowed their pace considerably, not because they aren't playing as well.

The fact that in two games the Broncos only punted once should tell you that their offense has worked just fine up until this point.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that in two games the Broncos only punted once should tell you that their offense has worked just fine up until this point.

agreed. the broncos have really been putting together some long drives, converting 3rd downs, eating up clock, and generally dominating their opponents on both sides of the ball. both games were very similar. there is nothing wrong with their offense. they just haven't had very many possessions in the playoffs.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncos have scored 50 points on 14 possessions (16 total, two ended in kneel downs). THey have punted once.

the notion that their offense hasn't translated into the postseason is laughable at best.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncos have scored 50 points on 14 possessions (16 total, two ended in kneel downs). THey have punted once.

the notion that their offense hasn't translated into the postseason is laughable at best.

They have scored 26 and 24 points in their post season games. I find it funny that so many demand you evaluate defenses only based on total scoring defense, and yet some want to make excuses why we shouldn't pay attention to the final scores of their playoff games so far? :scratch:

24-26 isn't bad scoring, but it is hardly dominating. They only had one regular season game with less than 30 points and that was a loss to SD where they only scored 20. They scored 50 or more 3 times this season and had a bunch of games over 40 points. To not see the drop off in production over the last couple of games is kind of odd.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have scored 26 and 24 points in their post season games. I find it funny that so many demand you evaluate defenses only based on total scoring defense, and yet some want to make excuses why we shouldn't pay attention to the final scores of their playoff games so far? :scratch:

24-26 isn't bad scoring, but it is hardly dominating. They only had one regular season game with less than 30 points and that was a loss to SD where they only scored 20. They scored 50 or more 3 times this season and had a bunch of games over 40 points. To not see the drop off in production over the last couple of games is kind of odd.

Because they are playing at a much slower pace. Their two longest drives of the season by time both came against New England in the AFC Championship game.

While it's true they aren't scoring as many points, their offense has actually been more efficient in scoring in the playoffs as their points per possession has actually gone up.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are playing at a much slower pace. Their two longest drives of the season by time both came against New England in the AFC Championship game.

While it's true they aren't scoring as many points, their offense has actually been more efficient in scoring in the playoffs as their points per possession has actually gone up.

I wasn't saying they sucked. Hell, Seattle has only scored 23 in both of their games and did much the same thing. They slowed the game down and drained the clock when they had leads. I expect the same on Sunday. Seattle will be trying to keep the game going slow and try to draw Denver into a low scoring game. Denver would be much better served to attempt to score fast and score often. Seattle has come back from big deficits more than once this year and will never believe they are out of the game. They really do need to put their foot down and dare Seattle to get into a shoot out where they have the disadvantage.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying they sucked. Hell, Seattle has only scored 23 in both of their games and did much the same thing. They slowed the game down and drained the clock when they had leads. I expect the same on Sunday. Seattle will be trying to keep the game going slow and try to draw Denver into a low scoring game. Denver would be much better served to attempt to score fast and score often. Seattle has come back from big deficits more than once this year and will never believe they are out of the game. They really do need to put their foot down and dare Seattle to get into a shoot out where they have the disadvantage.

the point is, the drop in scoring has NOTHING. NOTHING, to do with a less effective offense. they have actually been MORE effective in the postseason. how you don't see this simple fact is mind boggling.

Its the same reason Denver's D is keeping scores low... lot easier to keep teams in the teens when they only have 8 chances to score rather than the league average 12.

Scoring 24 or 26 points on 7 possesions in a game is MIND BLOWING efficiency.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THEY PUNTED ONCE IN TWO GAMES.

there has been no drop off in productivity. its just the playoffs. teams are worried about big plays and that leads to longer, more methodical drives.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, silly me. I keep thinking points matter. I keep forgetting number of possessions and number of punts are what win games.