• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

@ Seattle, Coaches Film

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too much jumped out that wasn't visible on the broadcast. Give respect to Seattle's pass rush, I think they prevented two easy TDs for the 49ers and a couple of other potential plays. So, excellent job by them... they did their job.

[YOUTUBE]hsKzV-tFYvg[/YOUTUBE]

The two plays just before Kap threw that inaccurate pass to VD that turned into an INT. The 1st one, Boldin just shakes Sherman out of the gate and beats him for what could have been an easy TD pass... but... the pass rush flushed Kap out of the pocket for a run. Next play, the Def Coordinator just realized that Sherman couldn't cover him one-on-one so he called in backup. Boldin tosses Sherman like the bitch he is, but a LB and Safety rush in to help coverage. In my opinion, if Anquan would have turned outside and gone for the corner Kap could have potentially floated an easy TD in space. No idea why he remained facing inboard while running to his left.

1st play; This was the first series 3rd down. I thought Kyle did a nice job of clearing out the area for Miller to convert, just too bad it was a shit pass. You can see Kap could have probably also hit Gore for a 1st down on that play too. 2nd play, just another play where the pass rush flushed Kap out of the pocket where he had a chance to toss it to McDonald for a big gain. They really need to stop trying to have Miller fill Walker's role in the passing game, McDonald is showing that he can get open and we need to find out if he can catch these big passes. 3rd play, the heartbreaker. Seattle's secondary completely fucked up and all 3 guys crashed Boldin, which left Moore wide open for at best an easy TD and at worst a tackle within 5 yards... but once again their pass rush saved them and forced Kap out of the pocket and then he threw the ball away.

Last edited by a moderator:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems like a couple of things were going on: Kaep was too flustered (maybe understandable, maybe a truly top notch qb would have seen the field well enough), to make the throw to the open receiver when they beat the coverage, and the o line really let us down on the few times when the receivers were open Kaep had no time to throw. I did read one story where Iupati was watching the game film and it was brutal, he said he was completely out of his usual technique.