• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle at Chicago - yesterday's game

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it me or did I get the sense that most of the fans here wanted Chicago to beat the Seahawks? That's the vibe I was getting in our game day thread when we were monitoring the events of that game. My question is, why would we want Seattle to lose that game, instead of Chicago? To me Chicago is our biggest threat to get the # 2 seed in the conference. We can at least determine our own fate by handling the Seahawks; but had Chicago won that game it would have been an uphill battle because I don't think our team is quite ready to play in a severely cold weather climate (that's how it will be in the windy city come playoffs time). I think we can beat Atlanta in their perfect environment atmosphere, but Chicago/NY/Green Bay...I dunno. I just think the Seahawks did us a huge favor by defeating the Bears - all we have to do now is handle our business the rest of the way. I was just a little confused as to why some of you wanted the Bears to win. That's all...!

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or did I get the sense that most of the fans here wanted Chicago to beat the Seahawks? That's the vibe I was getting in our game day thread when we were monitoring the events of that game. My question is, why would we want Seattle to lose that game, instead of Chicago? To me Chicago is our biggest threat to get the # 2 seed in the conference. We can at least determine our own fate by handling the Seahawks; but had Chicago won that game it would have been an uphill battle because I don't think our team is quite ready to play in a severely cold weather climate (that's how it will be in the windy city come playoffs time). I think we can beat Atlanta in their perfect environment atmosphere, but Chicago/NY/Green Bay...I dunno. I just think the Seahawks did us a huge favor by defeating the Bears - all we have to do now is handle our business the rest of the way. I was just a little confused as to why some of you wanted the Bears to win. That's all...!

Honestly I only care about the division. While the bye is always nice to have and home field as well I would just rather us be securely in the playoffs. The division matters most to me.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me it sort of depended, if we were going to lose the game I would want the Bears to win because the Seahawks have 3 out of 4 games to play at home, where they're very good, and the only road game is at Buffalo, whereas we have to go face the Patriots then travel to Seattle. A 1 1/2 game lead over the Seahawks in those circumstances is a little iffy. On the other hand if we were to win yesterday I would have wanted the Seahawks to win for all the reasons you mentioned and a 2 1/2 game lead is a little more cushion.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's about winning our division, in my opinion at least. As much as the #2 seed means, I've had a feeling for weeks that the end of the season schedule really, really favors Seattle. I feel like there's more pressure on the team to really handle their business the rest of the way. Not that they shouldn't anyway, just a feeling I have.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's about winning our division, in my opinion at least. As much as the #2 seed means, I've had a feeling for weeks that the end of the season schedule really, really favors Seattle. I feel like there's more pressure on the team to really handle their business the rest of the way. Not that they shouldn't anyway, just a feeling I have.

Yes but, being awarded and earning the # 2 seed means that you had won your division. It all ties into one.

However, if we win the division it doesn't mean that we will get the # 2 seed.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes but, being awarded and earning the # 2 seed means that you had won your division. It all ties into one.

However, if we win the division it doesn't mean that we will get the # 2 seed.

You don't get awarded the #2 seed if you lose the division. Plus there is no guarantee that the Bears will be the NFC North Champions. Both the Bears and the Packers have 8-4 records with the Packers having beaten the Bears already.

In short, only division winners get seeding...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You don't get awarded the #2 seed if you lose the division. Plus there is no guarantee that the Bears will be the NFC North Champions. Both the Bears and the Packers have 8-4 records with the Packers having beaten the Bears already.

In short, only division winners get seeding...

I didn't say that! Answer this: Can you get the # 2 seed without winning the division?

I think Chicago is leading the division. I don't know what both of their records are at now, but through 12/02/2012 at 1pm Eastern, they had the lead. I was more concern on the here and now - the bears were behind us for the # 2 seed.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think green bay is the other team to watch out for #2. But we have to just get into the post season and Seattle is right there. There is no guarantee we win the division.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the SF/STL game, I would've wanted Seattle to beat the bears as I had the idea/assumption that we will handle our 49ers business in STL.

However, with the Rams blowing that up, it closes the gap lead vs Seattle back to 1.5 games i believe? that's cutting it close in the remaining 4 games IMO. Especially when we have a trip to seattle to make. This is a must win IMO, considering it double up our lead.

I rather be the #2 seed and at least one home game rather than a #3 seed or a wild card team with no home game.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I didn't say that! Answer this: Can you get the # 2 seed without winning the division?

I think Chicago is leading the division. I don't know what both of their records are at now, but through 12/02/2012 at 1pm Eastern, they had the lead. I was more concern on the here and now - the bears were behind us for the # 2 seed.

Green Bay has the division lead as of yesterday, I believe.

I get what you're saying. I know winning the #2 seed means we won the division, but I'd prefer to have the division locked up and be trying to retain the #2 seed (over having a more secure hold on #2 but having a threat in the division).

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GB is in the NFC North lead by head to head matchup I believe.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No you can not... But you are already assuming that the Niner's have the division locked up. Seattle still has a chance especially having 3 of the last 4 games at home.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Green Bay has the division lead as of yesterday, I believe.

Okay. Good to know that now. But as I pointed out, that wasn't the case at 1pm est when we were cheering for the Bears. Now we have to handle our business, and hope that Giants lose tonight, and Bears beat the Packers when they face each other again.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm doing a poor job trying to illustrate my point so I'll drop it, multi-tasking is not my friend today.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No you can not... But you are already assuming that the Niner's have the division locked up. Seattle still has a chance especially having 3 of the last 4 games at home.

That's not true at all! I already emphasized that we need to HANDLE OUR OWN BUSINESS. If we simply do that, it's a wrap for Seattle. I just want teams fighting for the # 2 seed to lose. Hence, next week I will be praying that Green Bay lose (because they are behind us at for the #2 position), while also praying that we win our game. Not once did I assume we have the NFC West on smash - we have to take care of our own business.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We certainly couldn't because no one else is close to the top seed, but technically it can happen, I think. For example, if the Bears and Packers had the two best records in the NFC, they'd be one and two seeds and only one can win the division. I don't think this will ever happen, or at least, unlikely since they have to play eachother twice. The NBA rewards division winners in a way that someone with a better record may have a lower seed if they didn't win their division.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I definitely wanted the Seahawks to win. The #2 seed is huge. I thought were wouldve been able to take care of the Rams yesterday. Thats a pretty big loss for the playoff standings.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely wanted the Seahawks to win. The #2 seed is huge. I thought were wouldve been able to take care of the Rams yesterday. Thats a pretty big loss for the playoff standings.

That's what I'm saying now; it makes me feel better. Just kidding. I went to USC (Pete Carroll), so while I don't want Seattle to win in general, if they do, I'm ok with it so long as we win the division and beat them. I definitely don't want them winning any division titles or us.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the Niner's almost had the division locked up but then Harbaugh decided he wanted to make things more exciting for himself