• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Smith

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty high on this guy when he was a free agent a couple years back, and I was pissed when Kansas City signed him to a very team-friendly deal.

He's blossomed into one of the better corners in the NFL over the last 2-3 seasons (not a Revis/Sherman level, but it'd be easy to make a case that he's a "top-ten" CB right now), and his 'plus' size at the position (6'3", 220 lbs) would make him a valuable asset in today's game.

He's set to be a free agent after the season, and with his recent 3 game suspension for a DUI his price tag in the free agent market probably won't be as high as it should. With Mathis getting way up there in years, I think Smith merits some pretty strong consideration as a potential free agent target, or even a possible trade candidate if the Chiefs don't think they will re-sign him and want to get some value before he leaves as an unrestricted free agent. That being said, though, the franchise tag would be a strong possibility for them, imo.

What do y'all think?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 year deal. First year guaranteed. Second year, non guaranteed.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4uw5.jpg

March-2016-PDF-Calendar-Style-6.gif

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, not a Caldwell guy. Still, I would like to have him. Just do not see it happening though.
Meh, I don't think a DUI is enough to make him not Caldwell material. If there's not anything for other underlying factors (domestic violence, multiple DUIs, saying stupid shit on Twitter, etc...) then I think just the single DUI would be to our advantage as it would knock a good chunk off his open-market price tag.

With his size and high level of play, I think he'll be a hot commodity if he makes the open market next year.

For us, as far as him being a Caldwell guy or not, I think it would be the same as any other player they're interested in- bring him in, have a long sit-down interview, tour the facilities, see what he's all about. I don't think his DUI rules him out, but it's definitely a red flag...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, not a Caldwell guy. Still, I would like to have him. Just do not see it happening though.
Caldwell ain't taking him.

I'd like to see numerous players join the fold for the 2016 season. With all that Suh money we saved, it should be Staffords 8th season where we really see the savings pay off. Maybe the 9th.

But who the hell knows, right? We could be taken over my aliens between now and when FAgency starts next year for all I know. Extra points might awarded for each arrest. In which case were fucked, since alter boys are all the rage with the Lions.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably re-sign before now and then. I'd like to see him as a Lion though.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what I can say is that he almost certainly is not resigning. Drafting Marcus Peters, Steven Nelson, and Phillip Gaines all but assures they don't want to sign Sean Smith to a big deal.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his high level of play, I think he'll be a hot commodity if he makes the open market

Demarcus+Ware+Shaun+Hill+Detroit+Lions+v+Dallas+Wn-Oz_eEEXJl.jpg

wpabe39221_06.png
[/QUOTE]

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could be taken over by aliens

I got proof of life in that last nite.

hadn't seen one in awhile so, it was alien to me.

more than 1:39 or 1:49 (minutes and seconds not hours and minutes).... set all time personal record

yay !

damn it... wrong convo....

this is private right ?

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got proof of life in that last nite.

hadn't seen one in awhile so, it was alien to me.

more than 1:39 or 1:49 (minutes and seconds not hours and minutes).... set all time personal record

yay !

damn it... wrong convo....

this is private right ?
Don't worry, this thread won't draw much attention for 8 months or so.

Did you take a victory lap on your way back from the 6th floor?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I don't think a DUI is enough to make him not Caldwell material. If there's not anything for other underlying factors (domestic violence, multiple DUIs, saying stupid shit on Twitter, etc...) then I think just the single DUI would be to our advantage as it would knock a good chunk off his open-market price tag.

With his size and high level of play, I think he'll be a hot commodity if he makes the open market next year.

For us, as far as him being a Caldwell guy or not, I think it would be the same as any other player they're interested in- bring him in, have a long sit-down interview, tour the facilities, see what he's all about. I don't think his DUI rules him out, but it's definitely a red flag...

Hope you are right. Even though we are stacked inside at DB, we are thin IMO on the outside.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alien50.jpg

I believe