• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Eagles: Wildcard Rd 1:40 PST

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's a much better chance with Wentz. Your first post on the subject you flat out stated the Eagles "win" if Wentz stays in the game. This is why everyone sees you as an idiot, btw. And as for your secondary, they got torched to the tune of 160 yds by a rookie.
Look, obviously a team has a better shot with their starting QB. That's a given but your starting QB is a moron who doesn't protect himself and is brittle as fuck and frankly, is a fumbling idiot that holds the ball too long and despite talent, doesn't play the QB position all that great. Saying he wins that game is utter BS. If a cowboy fan makes that claim, you and all the other Eagles fans are jumping all over it.
Tell him that's moving goal posts. He'll deny it though.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. I did fully believe Seattle should have beat the eagles (no offense) so it would have been slightly disappointing to lose under some controversy, but not expecting them to reach the superbowl anyway, I wouldn't have freaked out over it.

I don't expect Seattle to win this weekend so if they lost a close one on a bad ref call or something, I won't be bitching about it a week later.

It's just sports.
Yeah no offense taken. A lot of people thought the Eagles would go out in the first round but I thought it was about 50/50 going in. I'm not really bitching about it, just adjusting to the boredom that comes with the end of football season. First you lose the Monday and Thursday games. Then you get 2 Saturday games, but lose the 3rd Sunday game. After this week we're down to 2 games, then one. It's a shock to the system.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but it was the same 17 points in the first game between them. And that first time Seattle had more of their players.

How was the D better in this one facing a lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers (and retired rbs) when they gave up as many points?

It's a failure of trying to grasp for moral victories

I'm not addressing the comparison. I didn't see the first game.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I especially love his point 2. He attributes the lack of a run game to philly D and how it “destroyed”. Seattle literally was signing RBs off the street to play in this game. If the situation was reversed he’d be whining about injuries instead, when it’s the other team, his response is the eagles “destroyed”.

This guys bullshit never ends.
Also he said they did pretty good against the pass, and if pretty good against the pass is Wilson almost dropping 350 yards on you then sure

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I especially love his point 2. He attributes the lack of a run game to philly D and how it “destroyed”. Seattle literally was signing RBs off the street to play in this game. If the situation was reversed he’d be whining about injuries instead, when it’s the other team, his response is the eagles “destroyed”.

This guys bullshit never ends.

our guys off the street are better than your guys off the street.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what the biggest irony of all this talk of Clowney is? If the role is reversed and that exact same play is say Fletcher Cox on Wilson, I bet I can 99% guarantee most Eagles fans are saying he led with the shoulder and the head contact was incidental. Fwiw, I didn't like the hit nor am I defending Clowney. I think it was late and careless (not dirty, imo) but it's funny how fandom behaves when shit happens.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles wouldn't have gotten concussed on a cheap shot?

OR

Foles would have done better in relief than McCown?
Both, because I don’t think Foles is very mobile this eliminating his diving forward like an idiot and putting himself in that type of situation.

And

he probably would do better in relief than McCown

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what the biggest irony of all this talk of Clowney is? If the role is reversed and that exact same play is say Fletcher Cox on Wilson, I bet I can 99% guarantee most Eagles fans are saying he led with the shoulder and the head contact was incidental. Fwiw, I didn't like the hit nor am I defending Clowney. I think it was late and careless (not dirty, imo) but it's funny how fandom behaves when shit happens.

false for me...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both, because I don’t think Foles is very mobile this eliminating his diving forward like an idiot and putting himself in that type of situation.

And

he probably would do better in relief than McCown

can't be the starter and the backup...

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we wouldn't want facts to get in the way of a good story, now would we.
Also I remember whenever anyone would shit on Wentz Even though he dropped around 300 yards PE1 would say he had a phenomenal game. But when an opposing QB does it, it’s “our pass D did pretty good”

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he said they did pretty good against the pass, and if pretty good against the pass is Wilson almost dropping 350 yards on you then sure

Our pass D is shit... part of the reason why our run D is so good... nobody really has to even try and run on us because 3 receivers are open on every pass play.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass D is shit... part of the reason why our run D is so good... nobody really has to even try and run on us because 3 receivers are open on every pass play.
Also 2 of the Seahawks RB were signed 2 weeks ago and the 3rd one is a 4th string rookie, so if you don’t shut down the Seahawks running game you got some srs problems

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it weird that its hard to like and at the same time hard to hate Russel Wilson?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they aren't very good but the guys up front are solid. The secondary don't sem to be very solid tackling either. At least, at times. I had to work so could only catch up on hilites but I saw quite a few yac's and some bad angles.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they aren't very good but the guys up front are solid. The secondary don't sem to be very solid tackling either. At least, at times. I had to work so could only catch up on hilites but I saw quite a few yac's and some bad angles.

The secondary isn't good. Bad scheme + scrub players makes for a bad combination. I'd like to blame injuries, but Darby was complete shit when he was healthy. I think its a combination of bad coaching and bad scouting/drafting/signing.