• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Dolphins

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of you here: Happy for the W. Good job by the D. Terrified with the thought of Wilson missing games.

Time to look at a vet back up yet?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of you here: Happy for the W. Good job by the D. Terrified with the thought of Wilson missing games.

Time to look at a vet back up yet?

Jake you and I are on the same page. I'm extremely nervous about Wilson and this win is bittersweet. We get LA, San Fran, and NY Jets next...

Almost wanting to concede a win or two and go with a backup vet to your point. I think we can beat San Fran for sure at home and maybe steal a win or two (prays) from LA or NY Jets... but I think Wilson is going to need the next 4 weeks off... and fortunately we have an early bye.

If Wilson is legit good to go next week then amazing. Fantastic... but I've seen this stuff before and it's generally NOT good. I think that injury seems far more serious then it appears.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like I missed a good one... Can't wait to watch it... I was at my daughters fastpitch tourney all weekend... She had 3 games today so I didn't get to watch most of it... I got home in time to watch the game winning drive by the Hawks though!

I wouldn't necessarily say you missed a good one. You got home in time to see the best drive they had all day on offense. The important thing is that they got the win, but it's not exactly gonna end up on a future episode of NFL Classic Games. Too much went wrong to say that it was a "good" game.

On the positive side, Cassius Marsh might have been the MVP of the game based on his work on special teams alone. Speaking of Marsh... he, the rest of the defensive line and the linebackers were able to get to Tannehill pretty well. Rawls got more carries than I expected him to this week and he looked pretty good when he had the ball and the offensive line felt like opening holes for him to run through. Graham had a nice catch and a nice block on the final drive, so he got to see some action as both a blocker and a pass catcher. I imagine he'll get more touches next week if all goes well in practice this week.

On the "Uh oh", "Oh crap" and "Not again" side, Thomas had one of his worst games in a while. He took too many bad angles going after the ball carrier and it resulted in more whiffs than I think we've ever seen him rack up in one game. The offensive line looked familiar for most of the game, and not in a good way. They definitely missed having Ifedi in there. Losing him, especially so close to game day, took its toll. They just looked bad for more than 3 quarters and it almost cost the Hawks Wilson. They have to figure something out fast (or at least continue to do whatever it is they did on that last drive), because L.A.'s defensive line is gonna be just as tough.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake you and I are on the same page. I'm extremely nervous about Wilson and this win is bittersweet. We get LA, San Fran, and NY Jets next...

Almost wanting to concede a win or two and go with a backup vet to your point. I think we can beat San Fran for sure at home and maybe steal a win or two (prays) from LA or NY Jets... but I think Wilson is going to need the next 4 weeks off... and fortunately we have an early bye.

If Wilson is legit good to go next week then amazing. Fantastic... but I've seen this stuff before and it's generally NOT good. I think that injury seems far more serious then it appears.

I have played a lot of b-ball on bad ankles. Depending on the injury, it can be played through but it would turn Wilson into more of a pocket passer which is even more dangerous (dangeruss?) with the oline we are putting out there.

Kudos to Wilson for toughing it out, but watching him back there standing still like a statue was not good for my heart. Too bad TJack had to go play the idiot card this offseason. I would feel better about having him as a back up than Boykin at this time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have played a lot of b-ball on bad ankles. Depending on the injury, it can be played through but it would turn Wilson into more of a pocket passer which is even more dangerous (dangeruss?) with the oline we are putting out there.

Kudos to Wilson for toughing it out, but watching him back there standing still like a statue was not good for my heart. Too bad TJack had to go play the idiot card this offseason. I would feel better about having him as a back up than Boykin at this time.

Agreed with everything you said. Any more thoughts on the ankle? I've (fortunately) never experienced this kind of an injury. Was a PG in High School but never dealt with ankles.. all I know is high ankle sprain = 6-8 weeks...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they had already decided to move on from Jackson regardless of his extracurricular activities. There's a reason there are so many rookies on the roster, and it's not because they necessarily wanted to carry a bunch of rookies.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nail biter. Kept thinking on almost every position that they were going to kick it in and get in the end zone, but obviously it didn't happen until it absolutely had to. At least it happened I guess.

D had a really good day, save more or less 1 drive by Miami.

Hopefully our QB can play this next game.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These types of tough and close wins prepare teams better for the postseason than blowouts.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These types of tough and close wins prepare teams better for the postseason than blowouts.

We had a couple of these types of wins in our Super Bowl winning season. Tampa Bay. Tennessee.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a couple of these types of wins in our Super Bowl winning season. Tampa Bay. Tennessee.

Its a regular thing. Teams like Manning's Colts or Rodgers Packers won their SBs in the years that they struggled in the regular season and had to really earn it, and went one and done in their more typical years where they walk to to a high seed by blowing teams out all year. They weren't prepared to get punched in the face and play competitive games, which is inevitable in the postseason.

These kinds of wins don't bother me one bit. They build character.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take any win you can get against any team and move on.

BUT, I'm not getting all of the over praise for the defense in this game. They did play well for spells of the game, but had glaring holes and this had to be the worst game I've seen Thomas play pretty much the entire game. There were at least 3 plays where all the receiver had to do was not derp the catch and Miami has an easy score because Thomas was out of position and the receiver blew past the coverage. There was also that big run up the sideline and a couple of other cases where the D couldn't tackle and wrap up. I'd give them a C+ at best. It was Miami's ineptness that held their scores that low, not the work of the D on the field that day.

Lockette? :L Damn. Illegal shift that cost us an explosive run by Michael down the sideline and a few holding calls that shot ourselves in the feet (nothing new of course). Webb was fucking horrible as was the overall play of the line. Britt looked better than any center they have had since Unger, but is that really saying a lot?

Now we have to hope it's not a high ankle sprain because that's a guaranteed miss by Wilson of at least 3 games. If it's a low ankle thing he can probably play with limited mobility next week, but we are in really bad shape if it's a high ankle. Any thoughts of HFA is right out the window.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass rush looked darned good.

But the sheer number of derps letting receivers behind everybody was alarming, especially the first play of Miami's final drive. Boulware-level lack of awareness there.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Seattle is opening as a 3.5 point favorite next week, but most books aren't weighing in yet pending news on Wilson's status. No way they are favored. If it's a high ankle expect that line to flip.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to have the biggest group of chicken little fans in the league. News flash: in the NFL, no team or performance is perfect. Seriously, aside from Minnesota, did Any NFC team look significantly better than the Hawks? Never mind, if Minnesota was Seattle the fans would ignore the overall good performance and freak out over the struggles from Peterson and the running game.

Thomas took bad angles 5 times or so, but aside from that, the defense looked amazing.

The oline and Wilson struggled with the Dolphins front four but were clutch when they needed to be.

Special teams was great.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Seattle is opening as a 3.5 point favorite next week, but most books aren't weighing in yet pending news on Wilson's status. No way they are favored. If it's a high ankle expect that line to flip.

I just don't give Seattle this matchup anyway. It's nice that it's same timezone now and they don't have to travel near as far, but it's LAs home opener and Donald/Quinn ALWAYS give us huge issues. If we do win it'll be another 13-9 type of game...