• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs Dolphins

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I watched the game, I was amazed to even think that the offensive line wasn't the biggest glaring hole in our play. Miami passes up on points on their first drive? Stills drops a sure TD where Thomas was barely even in the wide screen shot? Stills drops another pass that would've put them in FG range? Tannehill absolutely missing an open receiver that would have extended a drive on 3rd down - possibly even getting them into field goal range? Any one of those plays being executed makes this a Seahawks loss. Hell - Miami left more points on the field yesterday than Seattle scored. The Hawks won because Miami made more mistakes that the Hawks did....

Now, for the positives

Even hurt, Wilson is one of the most clutch QBs in the NFL. From being stepped on until that last drive, he looked like he could barely walk - let alone push off or run on that right foot. That was a gritty performance.

I am not as down on the line play as everyone else. Yeah, they gave up 3 sacks and quite a few pressures yesterday, but they gave up 31 sacks in the first 7 games last year and only had 3 or fewer once in those games. This was a very good pass rushing DL - and to have only 3 sacks in 46 passes is actually not that bad. Last year, Wilson was sacked 8.5% of the time (which is also his career average), while yesterday was a 6.5% (which is a far cry to last year's 13.2% those first 7 games). The running game also had a decent game, especially since they had to do yeoman's work after Wilson got hurt, when the Miami D didn't have to fear the passing game as much (13-55 after injury, 19-57 before). I am still optimistic that the line will be much better than last year's - especially the first half.

Baldwin had a game, and was clutch. 9 catches, 91 yards and a TD (3/33/1 on the final drive). If the Hawks go as pass happy as they were this game (and Wilson is healthy), then Baldwin may set some more Seahawks records this year.

Though limited in his snaps, I was encouraged by what I saw from Graham when he was in there. He looked good. We'll have to see how that is going forward.

Loved seeing Rawls go full Beast Mode out there a couple times. As he gets his legs under him, it'll be good to have that physical style.

Cassius Marsh showed to be an important part of the team. MVP of the game, IMO. Not only was he solid on both defense and kick coverage - his blocked field goal turned a sure chip shot into nothing!!! Great play - that made it possible for the Hawks to win.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Seattle is opening as a 3.5 point favorite next week, but most books aren't weighing in yet pending news on Wilson's status. No way they are favored. If it's a high ankle expect that line to flip.

Carroll said that Wilson is fine and will be playing on Sunday. He might miss some practice time which would be a first for him. Walking fine, nothing serious but there is a little swelling.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to have the biggest group of chicken little fans in the league. News flash: in the NFL, no team or performance is perfect. Seriously, aside from Minnesota, did Any NFC team look significantly better than the Hawks? Never mind, if Minnesota was Seattle the fans would ignore the overall good performance and freak out over the struggles from Peterson and the running game.

Thomas took bad angles 5 times or so, but aside from that, the defense looked amazing.

The oline and Wilson struggled with the Dolphins front four but were clutch when they needed to be.

Special teams was great.
So pointing out the bad plays and people who had bad games is now chicken little? :L Don't you think that's entirely overreacting to what was actually said?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassius Marsh showed to be an important part of the team. MVP of the game, IMO. Not only was he solid on both defense and kick coverage - his blocked field goal turned a sure chip shot into nothing!!! Great play - that made it possible for the Hawks to win.

Marsh had a very promising game but he also had a huge screwup on the big screen play to Foster. He was supposed to cover Foster but didn't peel off with him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pointing out the bad plays and people who had bad games is now chicken little? :L Don't you think that's entirely overreacting to what was actually said?

I'm talking about the entire thread.

And yeah, pointing out negatives while ignoring positives is textbook chicken little IMO.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the entire thread.

And yeah, pointing out negatives while ignoring positives is textbook chicken little IMO.
No, suggesting the wheels are coming off the bus is the definition of chicken little and I don't see where that was said.

We are screwed if Wilson goes out of games and I don't think most would argue against that. Boykin isn't going to win you games the way Wilson can. Outside of that no one is suggesting Thomas won't bounce back or they won't fix whatever was the cause of some of those other lapses.

I don't see you jumping on those who only put out the positives and not mention the negatives, but anyone doing it the other way is a bad fan. There's no need to point out the positives when they have already been pointed out. I agree with all of them. Wilson was clutch down the stretch, Baldwin looks like he's earning his raise, and there were other great plays and great players in the game. That doesn't have anything to do with looking at the things they have to work on.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to have the biggest group of chicken little fans in the league. News flash: in the NFL, no team or performance is perfect. Seriously, aside from Minnesota, did Any NFC team look significantly better than the Hawks? Never mind, if Minnesota was Seattle the fans would ignore the overall good performance and freak out over the struggles from Peterson and the running game.

Thomas took bad angles 5 times or so, but aside from that, the defense looked amazing.

The oline and Wilson struggled with the Dolphins front four but were clutch when they needed to be.

Special teams was great.

And yet the narrative on the general sports threads is that we're all a bunch of sunshiney homers who think the team can do no wrong.

:)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see you jumping on those who only put out the positives and not mention the negatives,

And where the fvck would those people be? Over at Homers.net?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, suggesting the wheels are coming off the bus is the definition of chicken little and I don't see where that was said.

We are screwed if Wilson goes out of games and I don't think most would argue against that. Boykin isn't going to win you games the way Wilson can. Outside of that no one is suggesting Thomas won't bounce back or they won't fix whatever was the cause of some of those other lapses.

I don't see you jumping on those who only put out the positives and not mention the negatives, but anyone doing it the other way is a bad fan. There's no need to point out the positives when they have already been pointed out. I agree with all of them. Wilson was clutch down the stretch, Baldwin looks like he's earning his raise, and there were other great plays and great players in the game. That doesn't have anything to do with looking at the things they have to work on.

Dude, read through the whole thread. It's 90% freaking out over bad plays and glossing over good ones.

I just think it was a good win. Like I said, I watched some other NFC games and I didn't see any team who didn't have struggles. But that's football, adversity is a big part of it. It's not for the faint of heart.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who doesn't get frustrated watching games when you know those players are better than they are playing at that time? That's normal and natural and every single base does it. Even in wins. That's also part of football.

Every single negative is justifiable and yet all that will matter in December is the W by this game. Both are true.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a clip from Carroll's presser and apparently Ifedi only "twisted" his ankle and will be a game time decision. So apparently the media blew this out of proportion like they usually do.

It sounds like Seahawks fans can breathe easy. Coach Pete Carroll told 710 ESPN that Wilson’s injury isn’t “very serious” and added that “he’ll make it through,” indicating that he’ll suit up for Week 2 (Twitter links via Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times). Carroll added that the QB’s X-rays came back negative. NFL Rumors - ProFootballRumors.com

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly good news unless he has some kind of a setback. Even a non mobile Wilson is way better than Boykin or any other option at this point.

If they can get Ifeti back and put Webb back on the bench that's huge as well. Things don't get much easier for the O line going against the Rams.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with everything you said. Any more thoughts on the ankle? I've (fortunately) never experienced this kind of an injury. Was a PG in High School but never dealt with ankles.. all I know is high ankle sprain = 6-8 weeks...

Hopefully my chronic ankle issues have no relation to Wilson's situation. My ankles make Okung's seem stable. The docs told me that if I injured it one more time it would need surgery. That was many injuries ago and I never went back. Now the ankle functions relatively normal but I have calcium buildups about the size jawbreaker sticking out of both sides. But mine is "low" , not high . High ankle sprains go from the top of the ankle to the lower leg as opposed to the ankle ball joint on down.

The point is, it is subjective. You can function relatively normal on it until you can't. When you reach that point then you can't function at all.

He went back into the game, so that is a good sign, but it is the next day is the true test. If he is able to walk on it today then he will be fine. If he can't then it could be weeks until he is back to normal and he is more prone to reinjure it until it is fully healed.

Bottom line: Can't let the Rams get to him. A new gameplan is needed for this game. Keep Wilson in the pocket and look at quick timing patterns. Get rid of the ball fast, try to establish the run, controlled scrambles if he is able. Easier said than done against the Rams Dline.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they had already decided to move on from Jackson regardless of his extracurricular activities. There's a reason there are so many rookies on the roster, and it's not because they necessarily wanted to carry a bunch of rookies.

Agreed. But that was based on Russ being healthy. That is now questionable. If we do have to rely on the play of a backup, I certainly would rather have TJack over Boykins at this stage. But TJack's dumbass personal manuvers seem to have closed that door completely regardless.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it's better to be lucky AND good rather than just good. The Seahawks made some mistakes yesterday that they got away with because Miami failed to take advantage. When you can't take advantage of it when the better team makes mistakes and you let them hang around long enough, they will make you pay. Miami couldn't capitalize on some uncharacteristically bad play by Thomas or the more characteristically bad play by the offensive line and it bit them in the ass when Wilson was given time to drive the Hawks down the field for the winning touchdown.

Obviously the Hawks can't play like that every week and expect to get away with it every time, but at least when they look at the film to see what went right and what went wrong, they won't be doing it wondering how they could have let a game that they were supposed to win and should have won slip through their fingers.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Quinn's status will be next week, but he's out tonight and the Rams D doesn't look all that impressive to me tonight at all.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and by the way, 2nd & goal from the 2, 30 sec left in the game, 1 TO remaining, down by 4....and we pass??? What a crappy call!!!!

Someone had to do it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, read through the whole thread. It's 90% freaking out over bad plays and glossing over good ones.

I just think it was a good win. Like I said, I watched some other NFC games and I didn't see any team who didn't have struggles. But that's football, adversity is a big part of it. It's not for the faint of heart.
Nah, I can't stomach all the negativity.
This is my 1st post during or after the game. I stayed away from our page because I knew it was going to be a vast majority of negativity towards our team.
We won ugly. It is a simple as that. We didn't cover the spread. Not a big.
My only complaint was too many pass plays were called. Without firmly establishing a run game early, it removes play action which has been a big part of our success. That...is my only complaint of the game.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want negativity - read the Mariners board..... :)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Aaron Donald ejected from what looks like contact with the ref that the ref initiated (and it was so minor I had to pause and replay several times to even think I might think I know what exactly got him ejected).