• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Pete Carroll mentor to Coach Kerr

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr spent a couple days at the Seahawks’ training camp in Renton, Washington, to “soak in Carroll’s coaching philosophy,” and even took part in some shooting contests with the players, Carroll said.

"As a young coach I just like to see people at work," Kerr told Seahawks.com. "And Pete obviously is one of the best. He's one of the most intriguing people that I've met and that I've sort of watched over the years as a football fan.”

“It was great to keep the relationship going,” Carroll said Wednesday on a conference call with reporters who cover the 49ers. “What an amazing start they’re off to, and he’s got to think this coaching stuff is easy. (I’m) really fired up for him. He’s a fantastic guy and a great competitor. And it’s great to see that they’re doing well.”

Seahawks' Carroll supported Kerr to 'find his voice' | CSN Bay Area

I approve of this friendship.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine that Carroll's enthusiasm and how he relates well to his players is what made Kerr interested in visiting the Seahawk practices. That plus the fact that Carroll has been a very successful coach in college and the NFL. I'm enjoying seeing the Seahawks regain their form, though this is probably not the place to be stating this. Sorry, but I have R. Wilson as one of my fantasy QBs and I just like him as a person.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami: Steve Kerr, Pete Carroll, winning programs and the art of maximizing the talent--and personalities--you've got

I always loved Pete Carroll,” Kerr said recently. “Hated USC (Carroll’s former coaching stop) but loved Pete Carroll. And loved the way his teams played.
“They just won the Super Bowl. They play this fun, entertaining, energetic style. That’s exactly how I want my teams to play.”
Kerr had just been hired by the Warriors and was continuing his hyper-speed learning curve.